2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

k04+

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
k04+

would a k04+ work just fine on the COMPLETELY STOCK tune?

if it works on the stock tune im going to get one, simply because the dealer will never know and shyt, and i get a little extra power.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im pretty sure it needs to be tuned for. i know guys with poor tuning have had problems with compressor surge....we currently run our werks solstice with the k04+ we have no issues but the car has our tune on it
Old 12-04-2010, 10:07 PM

it probably does, but im hoping it will work. if i ever want to get some warranty work done i want to be able to flash back to stock without issues so the dealer doesnt complain.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:11 PM

youll have a trifecta cable so youll obviously have a trifecta tune and those tunes are undetectable by dealerships so if you got a ko4+ you could just have the tune on selectable and be good
Old 12-04-2010, 10:16 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No, it's just like putting in a bigger turbo. You will be flowing more air, so you need tO adjust the tune for that.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by TommypSS/TC
No, it's just like putting in a bigger turbo. You will be flowing more air, so you need tO adjust the tune for that.
yea i figured. oh well.

and about the hidden trifecta tune, im not so sure the dealer cant find it, im sure they could. and if not with the scanner, they could by simply pushing the cruise control, which theres bullitens out warning them we have those capabilities.

guess ill just wait.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:12 AM

ya regardless of what tune you have, if you have the availability to completely take it off, do it. Why chance it?

my motto? I dont want to be the first guy where they figure out how to find it.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:48 AM

you gotta pay to play remember that...... the dealer CAN find any tune. trifecta isnt stealth. like you said if you push the cruise the selectable tune button there ya go. boom tune shows up.

my best recommendation is try to make friends with someone in a dealership. like a tech or something and that will just ignmore the tune.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson?
you gotta pay to play remember that...... the dealer CAN find any tune. trifecta isnt stealth. like you said if you push the cruise the selectable tune button there ya go. boom tune shows up.

my best recommendation is try to make friends with someone in a dealership. like a tech or something and that will just ignmore the tune.
you can just take the tune off the car and they wont find out, even with the tech 2.

which is why i made this thread. i wouldnt want to do a write entire if the stock tune will eff up with the k04+

ill just wait till my warranty is almost up.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:11 PM

Why pay the money for a K04+ when you can have the new K04-GT28 hybrid? The K04+ seems like a waste of money when you compare the two.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:52 PM

i wish you could keep your car stock (tune) and have the k04 upgrade. Or the hybrid.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wouldn't recommend doing that refit without tuning. You could limp it someplace, but the road manners, benefits, and turbo life would all make it inadvisable.

Benefits: The K04+ could flow more air, but since the ECU is targeting a certain airload, it will stop at the factory max torque level. ("Learn Down")

Road manners: The car's tune is expecting certain reactions from the turbo and engine when it manipulates the Boost Solenoid and Wastegate, and monitors the Wideband. Your car my buck and give uneven pulls as the car tries to continuously figure things out. The turbo may experience flutter, and surge as the car is using the wrong assumptions when deciding when to bypass the intake charge and open/close the wastegate.

Turbo Life: Flutter and surge, as mentioned above. This is partly caused by the compressor and exhaust wheel size match. On a K04+, the compressor wheel is on the verge of being too big for the exhaust wheel to drive it. This means that careful tuning must be done so that it is ensured that the exhaust wheel has enough energy to drive the compressor wheel under a given level of load (this is usually accomplished by retarding spark, manipulating the exhaust cam's phasing, and/or lowering desired airload in some areas).

Tune: As far as the tune, Vince, others, and I have all validated that it cannot be detected by current dealer means. Sending off the ECU and engineers digging through it could result in them finding something though. That means that it is a smart idea anyway to flash it back to stock regardless. The flash itself is a "write entire", meaning that the flash count is also reset, and the ECU appears to have been reset as it would be if you routinely disconnected the battery before checking things out. The problem with going back to a stock tune though, as mentioned above, is the issue with the tune/turbo. Basically you have to leave the stock tune behind if you change the turbo (unless you plan on swapping back to a stock k04 everytime you take your car in for something...).

Last edited by Stamina; 12-05-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Banned

i doubt the dealer would even notice a larger turbo, there are pretty stupid
Old 12-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Former Vendor

It appears stock, so they wouldn't notice. But as Stamina mentions, it will learn down the gain on the stock tune and be pointless.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:56 AM

Google lnf K04+ it will work with the stock tune with out much of a problem. Reason being is because your car will learn to the new turbo. However as someone said above. It will learn down. Now what's the point in getting it? The biggest thing you will gain is power after 5300 rpm where our turbo falls off. U will find this and more when u google it.

To the person who says that trifecta isn't stealth. Your wrong. Even if comp mode or cruise control is set for the tune to be on. Vince only tunes for WOT. So your variables only change when you are at WOT. I have all day access to a Tech 2 (the tool used to check flashes) I've chacked my own car countless times with it and it still says I have a factory gms1 tune.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Former Vendor

With the dual tune on my car, my MAF tuning, PE table and REV limit all stay the same no matter the tune mode. Those things are constant. So that means even in stock mode, my tuned MAF table for my intake is still there and the car drives the same. I have 7K Rev limit set and in stock mode, guess what? I can goto 7k
Old 12-06-2010, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by gdubs
Google lnf K04+ it will work with the stock tune with out much of a problem. Reason being is because your car will learn to the new turbo. However as someone said above. It will learn down. Now what's the point in getting it? The biggest thing you will gain is power after 5300 rpm where our turbo falls off. U will find this and more when u google it.

To the person who says that trifecta isn't stealth. Your wrong. Even if comp mode or cruise control is set for the tune to be on. Vince only tunes for WOT. So your variables only change when you are at WOT. I have all day access to a Tech 2 (the tool used to check flashes) I've chacked my own car countless times with it and it still says I have a factory gms1 tune.
i just want some more up top power. im not looking for a turbo swap for major gains yet, and if i get a k04+ ill be running it for a few years for sure.

reason why i want it to work on the stock tune is because if i ever need warranty work done, i want to be able to flash the car to stock and not have to worry about the dealer finding out if i have a tune.

so your saying it will work fine on the stock tune after the car adjusts to it? maybe ill get lucky too and not have to get warranty work requiring them to scan my car.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor

The stock tune is so detuned above 6K RPM that you will NEVER see any gain from that turbo without a tune. If you really are set on one, get a spare VCM along with that turbo and tune the spare. Then swap out for the dealer and they will never be able to tell looking at the car. The only thing that changes is inside the compressor cover of the turbo, all internal, totally stock exterior!!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
The stock tune is so detuned above 6K RPM that you will NEVER see any gain from that turbo without a tune. If you really are set on one, get a spare VCM along with that turbo and tune the spare. Then swap out for the dealer and they will never be able to tell looking at the car. The only thing that changes is inside the compressor cover of the turbo, all internal, totally stock exterior!!
trust me, this car is going to have a tune for this turbo. lol.

i only ask if it works with the stock tune for dealer visits.

basically im going to have a tune. flash it to stock if i have to go to the dealer, then flash the tune back on afterwards, i would baby it on the stock tune the whole 10 miles to the dealer.

getting a spare pcm is also difficult without clutch relearn n shyt.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Former Vendor

Then yes, absolutely. I misread then if that's your intent, sorry

This is the good plan!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:15 AM

good. well if the car will act normal on stock tune with a k04+ then i guess ill be getting one.

now time to find one.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:55 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
BNR Supercars - Bryan Nickell's Rotary Supercars - Blog

wow not a bad deal. For $950, go with that setup.

Whats the K04+?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor

Gotta say, the 2871 for $1200 isnt a bad deal either. Especially since either is PNP with your stock turbo!!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:11 AM

ill keep my options open. still looking for a k04+ tho. if i cant get a good deal on one ill probaly look at bnr
Old 12-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Former Vendor

WERKS. They have a K04+.

Quick Reply: k04+