2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

question about gms1

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about gms1

Hey guys i got a question about instilling the kit. Has anybody done it from start to finsh without going to the dealer for the flash? I see i can buy the kit online for about $480, i have a gm tech 2 at work and i already fond all the new update pack for it on the gm web site calibration# 12633785. i dont see why i cant do it myself, seems stright froward. I just dont want any warranty problems. so has anyone done the flash without going to the dealer. Thanks

Last edited by 094doorSS/TC; 02-10-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
If you have access to the tech 2 and are able to flash cars with it, then yes you could do it yourself. I did the sensors myself then went to the dealer for the flash.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe
If you have access to the tech 2 and are able to flash cars with it, then yes you could do it yourself. I did the sensors myself then went to the dealer for the flash.
Did you throw CEL's? I want to install it my self so I can solder the connections but they say not to drive it. How was the drive?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:40 PM

nope. But I tried not to boost on the way to the dealer....which was fun when entering the highway haha. Its fine to drive after but don't boost or drive hard what so ever.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 094doorSS/TC
Hey guy i got a question about instilling the kit. Has anybody done it from start to finsh without going to the dealer for the flash? I see i can buy the kit online for about $480, i have a gm tech 2 at work and i already fond all the new update pack for it on the gm web site calibration# 12633785. i dont see why i cant do it myself, seems stright froward. I just dont want any warranty problems. so has anyone done the flash without going to the dealer. Thanks
That's fine if you want to do it yourself and have all the resources. Be aware though that the upgrade won't be registered in their system. The stipulation could be made that since the part wasn't installed at a dealership your warranty is no longer honored.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Premium Member

When i did GM stage II on my SS/SC I did the install myself and took it to my dealer who basically let me do the flash myself as well. In order to download the tune he had to contact the GM techline with the VCI number from the kit ..... they then asked for the VIN and sent the tune threw SPS to the tech2 .

Maybe things have changed but I'm surprised they would all anyone with a tech and sps account to download the stage calibration .... I mean hell if thats the case ..... people should just buy the sensor's from CED and flash away.

I'm no expert with tech 2 programing but usually you need to pull a snapshot off your car before hooking to SPS ...... then it sends programing after it compares the CVN's from the car VS CVN's of possible updated calibrations .

It was my understanding that you either had to enter the VCI number from a unused kit along with the snapshot from the car being programed ..... or contact the techline with the VCI and vin in order to be able to download the stage cal...... I could be wrong thou. I say try and download it and see what happens.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Malaclypse
That's fine if you want to do it yourself and have all the resources. Be aware though that the upgrade won't be registered in their system. The stipulation could be made that since the part wasn't installed at a dealership your warranty is no longer honored.
how would it not be registered? to download the tune you have to contact the company and it loads on the tech 2
Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by rukkee
When i did GM stage II on my SS/SC I did the install myself and took it to my dealer who basically let me do the flash myself as well. In order to download the tune he had to contact the GM techline with the VCI number from the kit ..... they then asked for the VIN and sent the tune threw SPS to the tech2 .

Maybe things have changed but I'm surprised they would all anyone with a tech and sps account to download the stage calibration .... I mean hell if thats the case ..... people should just buy the sensor's from CED and flash away.

I'm no expert with tech 2 programing but usually you need to pull a snapshot off your car before hooking to SPS ...... then it sends programing after it compares the CVN's from the car VS CVN's of possible updated calibrations .

It was my understanding that you either had to enter the VCI number from a unused kit along with the snapshot from the car being programed ..... or contact the techline with the VCI and vin in order to be able to download the stage cal...... I could be wrong thou. I say try and download it and see what happens.
You can get everything from here https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/home

Campaigns & Bulletins from 1980 to present
Unit repair manuals from 1997 to presen
Service manuals from 1996 to present
GM Mode 6 Data & OBD-II Diagnostic Parameters
Tis2Web - All Access
(GM and Saturn)
This option is for Tech 2 users
Includes: Tech 2 diagnostic Software, Tech 2 View, Tech 2 Snap Shot and Service programming software.

of couse its not free but if you are stuck on something or have a tech2 it is an awesome site.

here is a link other car manufacturers OEM Service Websites - National Automotive Service Task Force
Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 PM

how would it not be registered? to download the tune you have to contact the company and it loads on the tech 2
Not everyone with a Tech 2 can just call Techline to get the tune registered for that vehicle. That and there won't be any paperwork from any dealership stating that they installed the kit.

I'm just playing devil's advocate.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:06 AM

Not everyone with a Tech 2 can just call Techline to get the tune registered for that vehicle. That and there won't be any paperwork from any dealership stating that they installed the kit.

meh theres no paper work on mine...
Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

Yep ..... You have to be hooked to SPS at one time or another even if you call the techline for the calibration. SPS is the only way I know of to upload a cal. to a tech2 . There has to be a record in tis2web of the stage kit cal being installed..... tis2web is free and you can look up the calibration history (as far as what GM has flashed to the car) .

If GM doesn't know about the Cal. being loaded they could potentially flash the car back to stock when updating for certain fixes or troubleshooting problems in a control Module.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:31 PM

meh theres no paper work on mine...
If you paid to have the kit installed at a dealer, they made you sign a form when you picked up the vehicle. That paper had a description of what they did (install the stage kit). That's your paperwork.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 PM

Or just play dumb be like well I had it installed on delivery.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:11 PM

nope. But I tried not to boost on the way to the dealer....which was fun when entering the highway haha. Its fine to drive after but don't boost or drive hard what so ever.
Just curious what the most boost you saw was. LOL i was "practicing" driving today with out hitting boost, its near impossible, its always just touching boost. Does stay out of boost mean stay under 1psi, 3, 6?