2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Remote tuner recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remote tuner recommendations

Hey all,

Pretty new here, and know next to null about cars in comparison to most here that's for sure.
Or probably all here...
Any who, I'm currently in New Brunswick Canada but will be moving in a few months to Belfast, and am just wondering who would everyone recommend for a remote tune.

I know Trifecta has a lot of tunes under their belts now, though sometimes I hear bad and some times good. I would like someone that would take the time to make sure that all is good. I also don't want to push things so far that things start to break. I want a nice to tune that will give me the most horse power, let me kick some but in a drag and have some fun I want, but be able to make it through as being my daily car.

Where I'm moving to Belfast it's been recommended to go the HP tuner route since I can get continue to tune it, as the gas would be different over there I guess it may take a bit of work perhaps, or so it sounds like.

So what do you'll think? What would you do if you were me. Daily driven car, want it to last, but want to have fun, and open it up, drag if challenged at a light and not embarrass the cobalt ss/tc group, etc.

Who would you recommend for this?

What are the costs of the tunes typically, and how much work are they will to put into them? etc.

Really looking for the help from all of you. Everyones input is welcome.
The more input the better. I'd rather not have it just be rather one sided from two people that were tuned by the same person and no one else or something lol.

Thanks all.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trifecta is going to be your easiest and cheapest solution. You're just going to have to buy the tuning cable with it so you can get updates via email.

If you go with HP tuners, you need to buy the $650 software if you don't have someone else near by with it.

Vince's (Trifecta) tunes are very safe but yet still a lot of fun for the not so hardcore racer.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

In b4 Trifecta/HP battle!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by BooSSted
Trifecta is going to be your easiest and cheapest solution. You're just going to have to buy the tuning cable with it so you can get updates via email.

If you go with HP tuners, you need to buy the $650 software if you don't have someone else near by with it.

Vince's (Trifecta) tunes are very safe but yet still a lot of fun for the not so hardcore racer.
But do you think he'd be willing to put the time in to tune the car right to the European gas?
I've read some post were people got tunes from him and they sent in their file and he looked and said looks good and that was it. Seems like you may be at the mercy at how busy or not he is, on how good of a tune you get. Least that's the way it sounds after reading a lot of the threads.

I put in an order with him mid last week, and never heard back. I've been calling, and leaving messages, and notta back. Not the best first impression. Kinda of thinking of canceling the order, if he would return the call to even do that...

I don't know. I wouldn't mind paying that much for the HP software if there was someone reliable that would be willing to give me a hand, but I have a feeling there would be a price tag on top of that, so that would start to add up too, and then I'd still be hoping that they did a good job.

I don't know...

Both kinda sound bad. I want a tune though, and a good one, but want one that will be done right.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by FrossB
In b4 Trifecta/HP battle!
Yeah, that's part of it, but even then, if HP, who is the best tuner for the job?

No matter what I want someone willing to make sure it's done right, and not just a rush job.
Like I said with the gass diff, perhaps it'd take a bit, or so it sounds like.

Just wondering who everyone would recommend to do the tune.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Welll this is completely based on opinion. But if i had the financials at this moment, i would have BYT tune me. But thats not saying there is many other good tuners out there!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:54 AM

The gas over there isn't going to be much different. Not sure why people think that.

But if you're going to be super picky and want your car dialled in perfectly, you're going to need your car dyno or street tuned.

I have been running a Trifecta tune for a year now. I've had it re-tuned 3 times due to additional mods being added and each tune has worked well. I'm sure someone with more time and a dyno could get more power out of the car, but I don't expect Vince to be able to do that via e-mail.

You asked this question:

So what do you'll think? What would you do if you were me. Daily driven car, want it to last, but want to have fun, and open it up, drag if challenged at a light and not embarrass the cobalt ss/tc group, etc.
The best option in my opinion is Trifecta...
Old 09-04-2011, 12:11 PM

Old 09-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Welll this is completely based on opinion. But if i had the financials at this moment, i would have BYT tune me. But thats not saying there is many other good tuners out there!
So when you say the "financials", how much are one of his tunes?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Not really that much...just more than my local tuner lol i have a good friend that hooked me up with some street and dyno tuning for cheap.

SS-Turbo Specific

bam

Last edited by FrossB; 09-04-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-04-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by BooSSted
The gas over there isn't going to be much different. Not sure why people think that.

But if you're going to be super picky and want your car dialled in perfectly, you're going to need your car dyno or street tuned.

I have been running a Trifecta tune for a year now. I've had it re-tuned 3 times due to additional mods being added and each tune has worked well. I'm sure someone with more time and a dyno could get more power out of the car, but I don't expect Vince to be able to do that via e-mail.

You asked this question:

The best option in my opinion is Trifecta...
Well I don't know if I'll have a dyno available there close to me, so not sure if that'd be even an option, so I'm going to go with it not being an option, and the best I can get via email, so someone who is willing to take the time tio make sure they got it right, and not someone to just through something together and just say, "yeah whatever". I take it you liked Vince's work, which is good to hear. I know he's done enough by now that he has the experience, it just sounds like he can be hit or moss at times.

How long was he in getting back to you initially each time?
How long does it take for him to contact you back?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:31 PM

M-dub and area47 I would also consider on top of byt.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:32 PM

Not really that much...just more than my local tuner lol i have a good friend that hooked me up with some street and dyno tuning for cheap.

SS-Turbo Specific

bam
So what would a guestamit me on the cost?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dart_SI
Hmm, haven't came across those, or if I didn't the names didn't stick.

They have a lot of tunes under their belt?

Who here has had experience with them?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

quoted for TROOF...im seeing M-dub's name pop up everywhere in peoples sigs lol
Old 09-04-2011, 12:43 PM

Who is this M-Dub guy...

If you want info the best option is just to PM us and we can get with you. I have done quite a few remote tunes.

M-dub made 340ish who and 426 wtq on a badass tune he made on just pump gas. Area47 had almost 400whp on a tvs I think.

If you don't know them your probably new. Im running m-dubs tune and had it tweaked by area for me.

or chevycobaltss3.

many people call him an *******, but there are alot of people running his tunes, and he helps other tuners
Old 09-04-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple
or chevycobaltss3.

many people call him an *******, but there are alot of people running his tunes, and he helps other tuners
agreed.

/Thread
Old 09-04-2011, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by M-Dub
Who is this M-Dub guy...

If you want info the best option is just to PM us and we can get with you. I have done quite a few remote tunes.
oh, hey.

So much much do hp tunes typically cost if you own the software? Roughly ball park
Old 09-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Banned

Im a *******.. You dirty girl lol.. Only reason people think this is because they have issues believing the truth..lol!!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 01:01 PM

poppin' muh bag o' popacorn.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:03 PM

M-dub made 340ish who and 426 wtq on a badass tune he made on just pump gas. Area47 had almost 400whp on a tvs I think.

If you don't know them your probably new. Im running m-dubs tune and had it tweaked by area for me.
Yip, new.

Just been reading through all the threads on everything that looked interesting. Been here reading off and on for a bit but I just read all the post skimming for info really. Trying to catch up.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned

if you have a lnf you can get hptuners suite around 499 with 8 credits which you dont need the pro series if your an lnf. Also remote tuning is easy you just have to give your tuner the schedule. Most tuners can get it done in a day. (MORE LIKE A COUPLE HOURS). m-dub, byt, term, I dunno if area does, Chevycobaltss3 does (Talking in the second person). I know ive done to many to count and prob same with everyone else..... So its more or less how you take it...
Old 09-04-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple
or chevycobaltss3.

Yeah, seen him a bit,.and like the fact he helps other tuners and he mentioned that I should ask who ever does my tune to give ke a few pointers, which kinda leads me to believe if I had him do my tune he might even help me figure some stuff out perhaps. Or kaybe he was telling to go ask.someo.
ne else, I don.t know lol

Quick Reply: Remote tuner recommendations