2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

SS CAI question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS CAI question.

Does anyone know if the reason a cai from a balt SS wont fit on an hhr SS is clearance only?
Do all the maf/map connections match up? If its just issues with clearance i can make it work. Will re locate my washer fluid tonight!

Thanks for any info

Nate
Old 09-01-2012, 05:09 PM

A little bump for the weekend
Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Which CAI?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Banned

You're turbo'd right?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by LNFwagonSS
Which CAI?
Hey thank for the reply. Sorry for the late response I was away.

Im thinking this one

Air Intake - K&N Typhoon Intake 08-10 Cobalt SS Turbo

going with the "hot air intake" as the ones that travel into the fender wall obviously wont match up to the hhr. Just curious if all the map maf plugs match up. I can't see why they wouldnt but nothing gm does suprises me anymore. My washer fluid res is no longer an issue. from there I will be plumbing it to cold air. do you know if its plug and play? Im looking for a polished shorty but you get the jist. thanks a lot!

Nate
Old 09-13-2012, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by rectorc08
You're turbo'd right?
Sorry so late but yes. Same deal as a balt ss
Old 09-13-2012, 04:05 PM

The problems you will run into with that intake after relocation of washer fluid are MAF harness may not be long enough and clearence issue with hood strut when hood is closed. Also pcv line to intake will not match up either. I have made a custom TRUE CAI for my hhr which was a HUGE project. Most time consuming part was the heat shield. I would reccomend buying zzp intake for HHR, fabricate a heat shield for it and cut a hole in radiator support to introduce cool air into the filter area, and then tune for it. If you don't plan on tuning for the intake you will most likely have minimal gains and throw CEL's.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:11 PM

Thanks a lot for all of the info. I'm going to be running the cold air from inside the fender in front of the wheel from the end of the cai I purchase. Will take your advice and go with a zzp. So in your opinion givin the assumtion the needed skills are present, this can be "made" to fit? What are the pcv differences if I may ask being you"ve already worked through this. Lucky for me finding you here eh? lol
Old 09-16-2012, 11:15 PM

I used a ZZP intake tube designed for stock intake box on lnf cobalt and fabricated the rest to fit, have room to move(engine movement), and be functional. Wanted to achieve the lowest pre-turbo temps possible and get the ugly box off my engine. It draws in cool air from the modified fender wall. Removed unneeded obstructions within area behind fog light and headlight so air flow is optimal. It can be done but it is not a "bolt-on" procedure.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by LNFwagonSS
I used a ZZP intake tube designed for stock intake box on lnf cobalt and fabricated the rest to fit, have room to move(engine movement), and be functional. Wanted to achieve the lowest pre-turbo temps possible and get the ugly box off my engine. It draws in cool air from the modified fender wall. Removed unneeded obstructions within area behind fog light and headlight so air flow is optimal. It can be done but it is not a "bolt-on" procedure.
Thank you for making it easier on my by pioneering through it first my friend!
I will be doing all the turbo pipung at the same time so the whole front clip will be off ect already. looking forward to this project.

Have you figured anything out for the after market controll arms with tie rods that arent right yet? Or is the only option gm parts for that?
sorry for all the questions, I'm just overwhelmed by the bs factor I consistently encounter for parts for this thing.
By example I have to order cobalt ss parts for brakes cause if I order hhr ss parts for brakes I for some reason pay twice as much?!?!