2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Synapse Synchronic BOV with dejon pipes

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Synapse Synchronic BOV with dejon pipes

hello all.

I am the proud owner of an 08 cobalt ss and want to start the modding it looks like GM has finally taken point on this car and I will be getting the stage 2 as soon as I can however In the mean time I want to start piecing together my bolt ons which will be as follows.

IC piping,
Intake,
exhaust,
and maybe intercooler, They are still a little pricey.

Question is what do you think of using a synapse synchronic on dejon pipes with an hks flange.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Banned

i would buy from hahn
Old 12-25-2008, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by FASTECOTEC
i would buy from hahn
QFT
Old 12-25-2008, 05:20 AM

hahn is the ****
Old 12-25-2008, 06:53 AM

hahn all the wayyyy hahn ftw
Old 12-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Banned

well i don't know what the synapse synchronic thing is but i am going to be running dejon intercooler piping as well with the HKS flange. I've heard it will work running the aftermarket BOV as long as you run the factory one as well and then when you tune with HP tuners you can block off the factory one with a block-off plate. This is what i am doing
Old 12-25-2008, 08:59 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I haven't had any experience with synapse, but I've been dealing with hahn for a while, I use their BOV on my cobalt and it's the only one I've used that actually did it's job so far.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:35 AM

I agree it looks like hahn is the best around but also the most expensive
I knowI will get bashed for saying this but pipes are pipes and I uderstand there may be a difference in quality but to me the dejon pipes look the same as the hahn pipes, but cost less.

I mainly want pipes to get rid of the crappy factory flex pieces that expand under boost thus increasing turbo lag and lowering maximum pressure as well as cause restriction.
And I am not really worried about the bov now that I think about because hahn is runnng 320hp with it at 22psi so it must be holding pretty well.

Lets talk about downpipes please I see hahn's and wow it looks fantastic and synapse looks like a tube they found under their bed, but which one is the most functional.
I come from owning dsms a 1g and a 2g and I have found that something may look good but it doesnt mean it works better, BTW I live in Oklahoma so no smog or emmisions.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:38 AM

pay less for less effieciently USUALLY

sounds like ure goin for hey i have charge pipe

rather then ALL of the benefits as in better airflow...quality... such n such

and synapseturbo downpipe is THE **** i repeat THE **** and idk why u said it looks like something u found under the bed that thing is shiny... i ********** to it everytime i see it
Old 12-25-2008, 11:57 AM

Yes the synapse does loo likeshit next to hahns but it is the one I'm getting.

And explain to me please how if I pay 200 dollars more for charge pipes that are exactly the same I will get more horse power. seriously I truly want to know. because as I remeber dejon are pretty top notch for dsms so I don't know why they would slack on a newer car.

Either way I will be buying from dejon because they are the **** and don't want your first born son to satisfy your need for speed. but to all those out there that have te hahn pipes they do look damn good for sure and if I wasnt worried about money I would be buying them.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by PimpLay2
pay less for less effieciently USUALLY

sounds like ure goin for hey i have charge pipe

rather then ALL of the benefits as in better airflow...quality... such n such

and synapseturbo downpipe is THE **** i repeat THE **** and idk why u said it looks like something u found under the bed that thing is shiny... i ********** to it everytime i see it
i used products from Hahn, Synapse & Dejon. I like them all. its all about exactly what you want. design - look, price
Old 12-25-2008, 11:59 AM

I have all the dejon parts and love them. Check out my build thread for details on my setup
Old 12-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by FASTECOTEC
i would buy from hahn
QFT

Hahn has been working on Ecotecs since the begining of the release of that engine (2002) and has been working on turbo setups for 20+ years.

Dejon, well maybe 3 months?

Trust the experienced company, there is a reason why everyone states "Hahn" You get the satisfaction knowing your product went through testing, from a company that knows what they are doing.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by choko
i used products from Hahn, Synapse & Dejon. I like them all. its all about exactly what you want. design - look, price
yea true... but hahn has been working with these cars for how long?? and how long has dejon??

but for everything you see on there website i paid about 50-100 dollars less

thats probably why i went with the more expensive approach... either way they all are badass
Old 12-25-2008, 12:43 PM

TTR I would just like to point something out from what I have researched and my own experience. I see you are a vendor one that sells hahn parts (which could make you biast). You say hahn has the most experience with ecotech and therefore they make a superior product. that assumption is a pretty big one because I know of shops and of people who have years of experience but still can't seem to find to most power out of their designs or set-ups. Like I said I am not bashing HAHN but this Lnf is not the same as other ecotechs different fueling system different head different sensors etc. true they may be based around the same general design but they are each unique. I wouldn't take my car to a supercharger shop when there is a turbo shop right around the corner.

That all being said if what I wanted was not just pipe but an actually engine modification then yes I am going to trust the more experienced company, but we are talking pipes and truthfully a pipe is a pipe, if they look the same and have the same demensions and are of the same material then a pipe is a pipe is a pipe no matter who makes them.
I would however say that If company A has engeneeried their pipes deign to be the absolute most effecient at air flow and has made it from materials that are superior in quality and heat transfer, and company b has simply picked up some pipe and welded it together then yes you have an inferior product.

I would like to stop hearing people telling me to buy hahn because hahn ***** gold and hear what people actually think of the dejon pipes, mainly people that own them or are planning on buying them, Why do you want them, is there a bov you are going to use with them, what colors will you be ordering. Because as I have already said I am going to b purchaing them so sorry hahn fans I guess I just get to say I have pipes and not gold in my engine bay.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by redcomet303
TTR I would just like to point something out from what I have researched and my own experience. I see you are a vendor one that sells hahn parts (which could make you biast). You say hahn has the most experience with ecotech and therefore they make a superior product. that assumption is a pretty big one because I know of shops and of people who have years of experience but still can't seem to find to most power out of their designs or set-ups. Like I said I am not bashing HAHN but this Lnf is not the same as other ecotechs different fueling system different head different sensors etc. true they may be based around the same general design but they are each unique. I wouldn't take my car to a supercharger shop when there is a turbo shop right around the corner.

That all being said if what I wanted was not just pipe but an actually engine modification then yes I am going to trust the more experienced company, but we are talking pipes and truthfully a pipe is a pipe, if they look the same and have the same demensions and are of the same material then a pipe is a pipe is a pipe no matter who makes them.
I would however say that If company A has engeneeried their pipes deign to be the absolute most effecient at air flow and has made it from materials that are superior in quality and heat transfer, and company b has simply picked up some pipe and welded it together then yes you have an inferior product.

I would like to stop hearing people telling me to buy hahn because hahn ***** gold and hear what people actually think of the dejon pipes, mainly people that own them or are planning on buying them, Why do you want them, is there a bov you are going to use with them, what colors will you be ordering. Because as I have already said I am going to b purchaing them so sorry hahn fans I guess I just get to say I have pipes and not gold in my engine bay.
It is Ecotec, not Ecotech....

We have known Bill since the early 2000's. Bill/Hahn has been recongnized by "GM" for their efforts, you wont see this happen to "dejon" or "Vulcan" or any other shop trying to make a fast buck. GM knows Hahn very well, and Hahn has more info than most other places on the ecotec. Look at their post on their basic bolt on's and where they are at. I would like to see company X share this data...

The choice is yours, and always will be. Many members just have not been around long enough to see the "trends" on this. Time after time, little shops will make product like these, and then 1-2 years later they drop off the face of the earth.... Kinda like Cobalt Performance Parts. Everyone swore by them, and then 1 year or so after they opened, they were no where to be found.

The choice is yours, there is a reason why Company X is cheaper. They dont have the time or research into it.

You can go through and type all of the above, to make yourself feel like the cheaper way is the way to go, it does not bother us. Just keep in mind.

You purchase a $20,000+ car and you are trying to save a couple hundred? Why take the risk?

You came in wanting Dejon, yet agreed Hahn is the best. Also Dejon looks nothing like Hahn. Anyone can weld tubes together like Dejon. From Hahn you wont see that. So if you want to go cheap, why not weld your own pipes together, save even more? Or you can have quality parts on your cobalt and trust Hahn.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:05 PM

Synapse BOV blows everything else out of the water. I am a proud owner of their BOV and it's more responsive, and quicker acting then any other BOV on the market.

If I was you, it'd be no contest, Synapse all the way.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by slowswap
Synapse BOV blows everything else out of the water. I am a proud owner of their BOV and it's more responsive, and quicker acting then any other BOV on the market.

If I was you, it'd be no contest, Synapse all the way.
They do make a very nice BOV, the true "Synapse" comapny that is...
Old 12-25-2008, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
They do make a very nice BOV, the true "Synapse" comapny that is...
http://www.synapseengineering.com/
Old 12-25-2008, 01:10 PM

synapse engineering right? or turbo
Old 12-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by slowswap
Bingo, exactly! We actually can get their product also...

synapse engineering right? or turbo
Engineering...

Last edited by TurboTechRacing; 12-25-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-25-2008, 01:13 PM

i use synapseTURBO turboxs bov
Old 12-25-2008, 01:14 PM

i use synapseTURBO turboxs bov
That's not Synapse Turbo's BOV. That's a TurboXS product.

Synapse Engineering actually designs and produces their own BOV.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:27 PM

i just said that
Old 12-25-2008, 01:44 PM

At least one other person on this forum doesn't think Hahn is GOD

If you want a reputable LNF company, just check out the Solstice/Sky forums, you'll see that Hahn is not the only one (Dejon, BTF and a couple others are too)

Quick Reply: Synapse Synchronic BOV with dejon pipes