2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

TMAP wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TMAP wiring harness

I'm sick of the GMS1 issues. I've been to a dealer twice now to get them to re-wire the lower TMAP sensor, and both times they wouldn't work on it. First time they said they needed a new pigtail connector for the rewiring, so I would have to get a new one and come back. That's fine I get that. I get the connector and come back and then they say they can't fix it in one day because redoing the connections may require special tools they don't have. Really???

I'm sick of this, I just want to put a brand new stock wiring harness in, buy the plug and play connectors from CED and be done with it. Does anyone know if it's possible to put in a new stock wiring harness, and if so, where can I buy it. Help is greatly appreciated. I'm tired of driving 2 hours both ways to this dealer just for them to tell me they can't do anything.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:34 PM

I'm curious as well if an upgrade is feasible at this point. Can you elaborate on your symptoms? I get a light-throttle hesitation and a faint flutter. Car boosts normally/no cels and sometimes is smooth as silk. It's maddening when you eliminate everything else and they say "no cel?/no thanks".
Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Well with mine sometimes it will drive just fine, and other times it will go into limp mode (very sluggish) and it will significantly flutter every time I let off the throttle. I have the K&N SRI which makes the flutter sound a lot louder than normal. If it lasts long enough it will throw a CEL which every time I’ve checked it is a P0236.

On my lower TMAP sensor, for whatever reason the charge pipe is too close to the AC compressor for it to face that way, so it is facing towards the cooling fan and there is just barely enough room for it, so the wires are jammed up against the cooling fan HARD and several of them have the copper wire exposed from the insulation being shaved off by the cooling fan.

But the moral of the story is I’d rather just replace the original wiring harness and buy the plug and play connectors instead of having the spliced connections which I’m pretty sure is where part of the problem is. I want to know where I can get one and how to install.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:44 AM

you dont need to buy a new harness. what you need to do is buy a connector kit from bosch (its a connector, 4 pins, 4 grommets) and install that to the factory harness. so it looks factory and works like a factory harness. (these sensors work with resistance, the more connections you have the more resistance you can have and cause issues) thats what i did...

THIS IS THE TOP SENSOR
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5340/topjmn.png

THIS IS THE BOTTOM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1167/bottomh.png
Old 05-07-2012, 10:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This isn't a hard problem to fix. Just get the pigtail from CED and fix your existing wiring harness. Get some marine grade adhesive lined butt connectors, and crimp them with a good crimper, then shrink with heat.

I don't think you understand how much work replacing the wiring harness would require. Not worth it, and not necessary. Also, make sure that you have BLUE o-rings on your GMS1 MAP sensors. If it is green, they put the wrong one on!

You really should be able to face the connector towards the back of the car. Something is wrong if you can't. Maybe they have the butt connectors right behind the sensor and didn't leave enough wire.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:08 AM

slobalt: Where do you buy those connectors from?

Wangspeed: I already have a new pigtail connector, and that's what I've been trying to get that dealer to fix. As for the direction the sensor is facing, there is plenty of wire, there's just no clearance between the charge pipe and the A/C compressor so the charge pipe will have to be shifted in order to get the sensor to fit. Do you have an aftermarket lower charge pipe you'd reccomend, maybe that would work better.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A new engine harness is part number 20782130. It has a list price of $383.60. I am sure someone like Crate Engine Depot, which sells the jumper harness stage kits would work with you on the price.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by DPveritasGold
slobalt: Where do you buy those connectors from?

Wangspeed: I already have a new pigtail connector, and that's what I've been trying to get that dealer to fix. As for the direction the sensor is facing, there is plenty of wire, there's just no clearance between the charge pipe and the A/C compressor so the charge pipe will have to be shifted in order to get the sensor to fit. Do you have an aftermarket lower charge pipe you'd reccomend, maybe that would work better.
Home ť Shop ť Connectors / Harnesses ť Bosch ť 4-way sealed Plug Bosch BSK Connector Kit for Bosch MAP Sensor

your welcome
Old 05-10-2012, 03:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
A new engine harness is part number 20782130. It has a list price of $383.60. I am sure someone like Crate Engine Depot, which sells the jumper harness stage kits would work with you on the price.
Wish you'd drop by a little more often, Bill!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:27 PM

I'am having the same problem, bad connections after dealer spliced into wiring harness. I know this is an old thread, but just curious if you ended up replacing everything with OEM parts and using the plug and play kit and if it worked? Been having problems for a couple years now and dealership won't help fix problem.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:13 PM

I had this problem. Went to local shop had the but connectors removed and had the wires soldered. Problem fixed.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no idea why GM ever created the stage kit with instructions to tap into the wires. A lot of techs are very skilled and would do the job right. However, some techs just turn wrenches, read flow diagrams, swap parts til the problem goes away and how no idea how to solder or fix electrical wires. The dealers are to blame for having such unskilled techs.

It's a PITA and downright SHAMEFUL the dealer didn't do the job right the first time for the OP asked them to buy the new pigtails on their own!

Any1 that has crappily-installed butt connectors for their GMS1 sensor wiring and are having issues should cut their wires and do them the right way as per Wangspeed's suggestions. Cut, strip, butt, crimp, heatshrink, Done.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:17 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Is that the same connector as the LSJ TMAP? It looks awful similar and if that's the case I have a couple brand new AC Delco pigtails for those.

Just searched the kit on CED, they ARE the same.

I have 4 of the #88988320 connectors still FS in a thread on here.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/part...p-guys-311553/