2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Trifecta Budget Tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trifecta Budget Tune

Not sure if you guys are aware that we sell a budget tune that's basically a canned tune for stock or very lightly modified cars. It's $180 for the tune ($200 if you go trifecta direct), and $150 for the cable ($215 if you go trifecta direct)

LNF Trifecta Budget Tune, Bad News Racing
Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 AM

How accurate are these budget tunes? Can I request the tune be running about 23psi? It just has a catted downpipe from ZZP and a K&N air filter (not the intake).

I was hoping to be near 300whp but idk what to expect (i know it all depends on dyno and what not. I guess i should say what would the gains be from stock lol)

My car is an 09 HHR SS 5sp
Old 11-20-2012, 12:41 PM

It's a canned tune so its the same for every car, wont get you to 300hp, but will get u close to 300 ft/lb. Boots is around 22psi.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:51 PM

Good to know, think ill see what kind of black friday sales go on and go from there.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sujomatt
Good to know, think ill see what kind of black friday sales go on and go from there.
I thought u sold ur lsj because u lost ur job u got an hhr now?
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM

Yea, the car i had got in the deal was a giant heap of ****. I cut down my debt in the meantime so i can afford it. As well as getting severance and 401/pension and all that jazz, the wife got a promotion things are looking up again
Old 11-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Yea, the car i had got in the deal was a giant heap of ****. I cut down my debt in the meantime so i can afford it. As well as getting severance and 401/pension and all that jazz, the wife got a promotion things are looking up again
glad to hear, honestly man if I was u id get a good hptuner to tune you. Go look in the dyno section at some of the dyno sheets for the trifecta guys and they look like a etch a sketch compared to a good hptuners.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:47 PM

yea im talking to a local guy with HPTuners now actually, will see what happens
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Soooo.... $330 dollars for a canned tune????
Old 11-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Former Vendor

Including the cable yes. But we will be having the cable sale again starting tomorrow at midnight for black friday. You can pick up the full custom tune for $300 with a cable thrown in free.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 PM

I've been considering the "budget" tune for awhile now. I'm completely stock. I'm sure it would be better than Superchips/GMS1?! Then again, you have HPT. It's so tough to make a decision.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Banned

Prevsrt4 all u need is a downpipe to run a full tune, u just run the risk of blowing out the endtanks on the intercooler and the piping as well the higher the boost. Unless u have now if u have a warrenty id run just plain ole gmstg1 thats decent power that will allow u to keep ur warrenty if anything goes wrong and i dont know how much research u done but lnfs do have a few common issue that can be costly mainly the pourous block also issue with rear brakes ruining the rotors that main two i can think of right off the top of my head. Gmstg1 give 260ish hp vs the 230ish ur making now.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by BNRacing
Including the cable yes. But we will be having the cable sale again starting tomorrow at midnight for black friday. You can pick up the full custom tune for $300 with a cable thrown in free.

Just ordered mine from BNR website... You may ask why do I want a full custom tune even though I'm still stock under the hood? So I don't have to pay for a retune when I get a catless DP down the road or when I get a CAI/cooling mods.

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
Prevsrt4 all u need is a downpipe to run a full tune, u just run the risk of blowing out the endtanks on the intercooler and the piping as well the higher the boost. Unless u have now if u have a warrenty id run just plain ole gmstg1 thats decent power that will allow u to keep ur warrenty if anything goes wrong and i dont know how much research u done but lnfs do have a few common issue that can be costly mainly the pourous block also issue with rear brakes ruining the rotors that main two i can think of right off the top of my head. Gmstg1 give 260ish hp vs the 230ish ur making now.
And what you're saying about the GMS1, I've been told by GM performance department tech that even with GMS1, if I blow up my turbo AND they can link it to me beating the car up, they still can deny me warranty. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but that's what I've been told by one or two dealerships (I've called quite a few, there was a big difference between GMS1 quote for some reason)

With GMS1 being $720 on average and Trifecta Direct being $500-550, I was leaning towards GMS1..

But... with this sale, the price for a full custom tune from BNR is $420 CHEAPER than the GMS1 while being allegedly undetectable by Tech2 (even though, hypothetically speaking, I'd probably reflash before taking it in for warranty if I had to).

And being hide-a-tune is a big plus for me to go with Trifecta over HP Tuners... Even though some people on here keep saying that with a good tuner you can see slightly better gains on HPT.

Last edited by serega12; 11-24-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by serega12

With GMS1 being $720 on average and Trifecta Direct being $500-550, I was leaning towards GMS1..

This is why I went GMS1, until I can get someone to HPTUNE me nice and aggressive.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by cranemaster
This is why I went GMS1, until I can get someone to HPTUNE me nice and aggressive.
HPtune won't be an option for me for another year since I don't really want to void the extended warranty. I'll take hide-a-tune for now.

And I couldn't turn down the deal on BNR website for $300 full tune AND red cable. That's $420 savings that I put into nicer tires (the UHP summer tires are worthless in Northwest rain season, so I ordered some Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS UHP all season tires, $771 installed). Otherwise I'd be getting some lower grade tires and a GM tune...

I think the route I went was better.

Anyways, BNR, thank you for a great deal.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Banned

Just ordered mine from BNR website... You may ask why do I want a full custom tune even though I'm still stock under the hood? So I don't have to pay for a retune when I get a catless DP down the road or when I get a CAI/cooling mods.

And what you're saying about the GMS1, I've been told by GM performance department tech that even with GMS1, if I blow up my turbo AND they can link it to me beating the car up, they still can deny me warranty. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but that's what I've been told by one or two dealerships (I've called quite a few, there was a big difference between GMS1 quote for some reason)

But... with this sale, the price for a full custom tune from BNR is $420 CHEAPER than the GMS1 while being allegedly undetectable by Tech2 (even though, hypothetically speaking, I'd probably reflash before taking it in for warranty if I had to).

And being hide-a-tune is a big plus for me to go with Trifecta over HP Tuners... Even though some people on here keep saying that with a good tuner you can see slightly better gains on HPT.
If they can somehow link it to abuse they may be able to void ur warranty but they cant say its voided because of gms1. U can have a stock car and have ur warranty voided if they can prove u abused it so thats kinda besides the point but it sounds like a scare tactic by ur dealers to keep u from getting the gms1. also hide a tune is nice until they find it and ur warranty is void for sure then, I wouldnt risk it since u have the extended warranty just go gms1.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:54 AM

Yeah, they tried to make me admit to NLS (not sure why) when they said that the misfire happened when my rev limiter was 30%-70% engaged and "for some reason it looked like the throttle was 100% engaged even though the clutch was depressed" he says.

I said I didn't know what he was talking about, must have been "getting on the highway at the time to match the speed of traffic"

Maybe if I said "oh yeah, I was in the middle of NLS during a street race" or something of that sort, they could get out of troubleshooting my problem.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:58 AM
Banned

Yeah, they tried to make me admit to NLS (not sure why) when they said that the misfire happened when my rev limiter was 30%-70% engaged and "for some reason it looked like the throttle was 100% engaged even though the clutch was depressed" he says.

I said I didn't know what he was talking about, must have been "getting on the highway at the time to match the speed of traffic"

Maybe if I said "oh yeah, I was in the middle of NLS during a street race" or something of that sort, they could get out of troubleshooting my problem.
yeah thats the bad thing about chevy dealers, they will try to void ur warranty for reason thats not even legal, chevy designed the car with NLS and even showed people how to do it so to void a warranty for NLS would be just ******* insane but a dealer would try it, best thing u can do is never admit NLSing or racing and never get caught at a local track. Just say I was getting on the highway like u told them before.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 AM

yeah thats the bad thing about chevy dealers, they will try to void ur warranty for reason thats not even legal, chevy designed the car with NLS and even showed people how to do it so to void a warranty for NLS would be just ******* insane but a dealer would try it, best thing u can do is never admit NLSing or racing and never get caught at a local track. Just say I was getting on the highway like u told them before.
Yep. Innocent until proven guilty. And they ARE pretty sneaky in trying to have you admit stuff.. My dealer tried to convince me to "get an aftermarket intake, exhaust, and tune, just flash back to stock before warranty work"... I was like "really? You can do that?" All he was waiting for me to go "oh yeah, I had one of those"... and BOOM, they don't have to troubleshoot it and pay for any problems with misfires even though I haven't had one on this car.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:39 AM
Banned

Yeah dude just stay away from that dealer he sounds super sneaky lol, so he tried to convince u to buy aftermarket tune and told u he would void ur warranty with gms1 it sounds like he is trying to just get ur car voided so he dont have to cover u in the future
Old 11-24-2012, 04:35 AM

its hide a tune, never claimed to be not found, it doenst trip the computer like hpt does, they dont have to dig to find that out, they dig hard enough they will find vince's tune
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 AM

Yeah, and you also have to watch the bumps, as they can damage/break the plastic end tanks if you hit bottom. I read about the porous/cracked block issues before I joined the forum. The rear brakes I also read about. GMS1 might be the way to go. Appreciate the input, man!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Banned

Np, getting gm to do warranty work seems about impossible unless ur completely stock and drive it like a damn grandma so keep that in mind before u do any mods to the engine and exhaust area, keep ur stock parts incase u have togo infor warranty work.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by strazdice
its hide a tune, never claimed to be not found, it doenst trip the computer like hpt does, they dont have to dig to find that out, they dig hard enough they will find vince's tune
Actually they did. Or you could reflash stock tune without them knowing:

Originally Posted by RiceCop
This is directly from Vince when I asked him about the subject-

"There seems to be some confusion here.

Fact: With all ECMs used by all Cobalts to date, no matter what flash mode you use (“write entire” or “write calibration only”), GM dealers have no way of ever knowing it has been modified if you go back in for a visit with a stock flash on the car. Period. End of story. We have a Tech2, we’ve verified this.

Regarding EZ Flash: EZ Flash will selectively either do a full flash or a partial flash depending on whether the full OS needs to be overwritten or not. On LNF we always do a full flash because of the select-a-tune stuff and some other features.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there about reflash counters and reflash history data kept by the ECM. None of the Cobalt ECMs track any of this stuff.

This is changing, though. Starting with the new E38 (2010+ Camaro and other V8s), E39 (2011 Buick Regal), newer T43 and T76 (6sp automatic) and E78 (2011 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo) controllers, the dealer will now be able to see the reflash history of the engine or transmission operation segment for up to 10 flashes. We believe we’ve found a non-invasive way to prevent this counter from changing with our tunes for these new vehicles but it’s still under development.

- Vince Geglia

Trifecta Performance, Inc."
Old 11-25-2012, 05:11 PM

Np, getting gm to do warranty work seems about impossible unless ur completely stock and drive it like a damn grandma so keep that in mind before u do any mods to the engine and exhaust area, keep ur stock parts incase u have togo infor warranty work.
Keeping stock parts and not admitting any spirited driving would be the way to go.

Quick Reply: Trifecta Budget Tune