2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Trifecta whereabouts

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trifecta whereabouts

Okay im looking to get tuned soon...Trifecta flavor. and i know you can go to clearimageautomotive.com and do it that way...but when i try to go there the link doesn't work. ??? Did they move the link? or where else can i get er done at?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Works for me...go to dealers and it has a big list of places that can tune for you.

http://www.trifectaperformance.com/
Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 PM

The soonest you can get tuned through Trifecta would be next Monday... That's when Vince comes back from vacation. You can either go through Trifecta directly or go to a dealer (such as myself) and get tuned.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by agent007kimball
Works for me...go to dealers and it has a big list of places that can tune for you.

http://www.trifectaperformance.com/
Look at you being smart lol didn't even think of that!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor

I believe Elecblue06 is in upstate NY and a dealer for TF
Old 01-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by nelson
The soonest you can get tuned through Trifecta would be next Monday... That's when Vince comes back from vacation. You can either go through Trifecta directly or go to a dealer (such as myself) and get tuned.
well i still got a little while till i get tuned. im just doing homework. im gonna buy a few mods (DP, CP, KN drop in) before i tune...that way i dont have to retune down the road. out of curiousity...what are some prices and methods you use to get it done?

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
I believe Elecblue06 is in upstate NY and a dealer for TF
Anybody closer to Nebraska?

Last edited by FrossB; 01-26-2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-26-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by FrossB
well i still got a little while till i get tuned. im just doing homework. im gonna buy a few mods (DP, CP, KN drop in) before i tune...that way i dont have to retune down the road. out of curiousity...what are some prices and methods you use to get it done?
Prices depend on the dealer. Far as methods, I personally have the EZFlash Cable from Vince and if for instance if you came to me for a tune I would have you give me your Vin #, your list of mods, how aggressive/conservative you'd like the tune, if you'd like your rev limiter bumped up, etc. Then Vince would send me the tune, we'd flash the ECU on your car, then go for a datalog session. We'd send the log to Vince, see if you'd like any changes made, go datalog again, etc. Pretty easy all together the flash itself takes 10-15 minutes... usually the whole process of datalogging and the whole 9 yards is anywhere from an hour to two hours typically.

Don't know what side of the state you're on but here's the whole list of dealers.

http://trifectaperformance.com/dealers.aspx

Any other questions feel free to post them here or pm me! Hope this helps!
Mike
Old 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor

Wow...brain fart LOL. I was thinking New England for w/e dumb reason. Im sorry (feels like dumbest **** evar!)
Old 01-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
Wow...brain fart LOL. I was thinking New England for w/e dumb reason. Im sorry (feels like dumbest **** evar!)
Dont sweat it! i didn't even think of going to Trifecta website to look for dealers so i think i got you beat in the ******* category haha

Prices depend on the dealer. Far as methods, I personally have the EZFlash Cable from Vince and if for instance if you came to me for a tune I would have you give me your Vin #, your list of mods, how aggressive/conservative you'd like the tune, if you'd like your rev limiter bumped up, etc. Then Vince would send me the tune, we'd flash the ECU on your car, then go for a datalog session. We'd send the log to Vince, see if you'd like any changes made, go datalog again, etc. Pretty easy all together the flash itself takes 10-15 minutes... usually the whole process of datalogging and the whole 9 yards is anywhere from an hour to two hours typically.

Don't know what side of the state you're on but here's the whole list of dealers.

http://trifectaperformance.com/dealers.aspx

Any other questions feel free to post them here or pm me! Hope this helps!
Mike
Im in western Nebraska. So there is a dealer in Denver, CO...thats close to me. And would i have to drive to a dealer to do the datalogging and whatnot?

Last edited by FrossB; 01-26-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-26-2010, 02:56 PM

Dont sweat it! i didn't even think of going to Trifecta website to look for dealers so i think i got you beat in the ******* category haha

Im in western Nebraska. So there is a dealer in Denver, CO...thats close to me. And would i have to drive to a dealer to do the datalogging and whatnot?
That's truly up to the dealer; some are willing to travel, others you come to them. Just for clarification you get the tune through them as well and datalog with them all at the same time. It looks like the dealer in Colorado is a speed shop, so I'm guessing you'd have to go to them for the tune. If it wasn't feasible to drive to Denver you can always get the tune directly through Trifecta and just get the GT tuner or Ezflash cable sent to your house and do it that way. Dealers are more or less a way to utilize someone who's close in your region and get a discount on your tune.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

That's truly up to the dealer; some are willing to travel, others you come to them. Just for clarification you get the tune through them as well and datalog with them all at the same time. It looks like the dealer in Colorado is a speed shop, so I'm guessing you'd have to go to them for the tune. If it wasn't feasible to drive to Denver you can always get the tune directly through Trifecta and just get the GT tuner or Ezflash cable sent to your house and do it that way. Dealers are more or less a way to utilize someone who's close in your region and get a discount on your tune.
So if i go the EZFlash route. i would hook the cable up to my car...and what? have the tune sent via email or what? then what about datalogging? how do i go about that ?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:11 PM

So if i go the EZFlash route. i would hook the cable up to my car...and what? have the tune sent via email or what? then what about datalogging? how do i go about that ?
It seems like if you were going to get the tune sent to you directly most people just go with the GT tuner. Vince sends you directions with which ever method you decide to get which goes into detail about how to load the tune and datalog it. IIRC the GT Tuner comes with the tune preloaded and you just follow the instructions and it's really simple. I personally have never used the GT Tuner because I've always had the EZFlash. I'm not certain what Vince has you do if you go the EZFlash route because when I became I dealer I bought the cable.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

It seems like if you were going to get the tune sent to you directly most people just go with the GT tuner. Vince sends you directions with which ever method you decide to get which goes into detail about how to load the tune and datalog it. IIRC the GT Tuner comes with the tune preloaded and you just follow the instructions and it's really simple. I personally have never used the GT Tuner because I've always had the EZFlash. I'm not certain what Vince has you do if you go the EZFlash route because when I became I dealer I bought the cable.
Right on! thanks man. that helps alot. i guess once i get my few choice mods i will be getting ahold of Vince.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:21 PM

Fross i was going to be a dealer here but decided not to due to demand not being high enough (obviously lol) but just get the gt tuner
Old 01-26-2010, 03:35 PM

Right on! thanks man. that helps alot. i guess once i get my few choice mods i will be getting ahold of Vince.
No problem bud anytime! Glad I could help! Have fun with your tune when you get it!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:54 PM

Lucky Vince, goes to Hawaii for 3 week holiday thanks to all of us!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 PM

I think I'm going to be going the EZ-Flash Cable route through Vince that way if I ever need to I can Flash back to stock. And also I can hook up other SS/TC's in Southern Alberta.

Out of curiosity does the ECU record the number of times I flash between tuned and stock mode, from all the research I have done I could not get a clear cut answer?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tom.g
I think I'm going to be going the EZ-Flash Cable route through Vince that way if I ever need to I can Flash back to stock. And also I can hook up other SS/TC's in Southern Alberta.

Out of curiosity does the ECU record the number of times I flash between tuned and stock mode, from all the research I have done I could not get a clear cut answer?
From what I've been hearing, the short answer is yes, but when you do a write entire in HPT or a flash through Trifecta then it gets reset.

Wait, I re-read your question. The answer would be no, because of the explanation above. If you're worried about it then do a write entire.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:36 PM

Is there even such a thing as write entire with Trifecta?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is there even such a thing as write entire with Trifecta?
Yes. Every Trifecta flash is a write entire.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:40 AM

Nice, we both got Alberta covered. I got a cable at my store and Vince is setting us up as dealers and we are 1 1/2 hours west of Edmonton
Old 01-27-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Angel
Nice, we both got Alberta covered. I got a cable at my store and Vince is setting us up as dealers and we are 1 1/2 hours west of Edmonton
Good stuff!

You cover Edmonton I'll cover Calgary lol
Old 01-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LE5_AJ
Fross i was going to be a dealer here but decided not to due to demand not being high enough (obviously lol) but just get the gt tuner
haha yea not too many here in town. but i bet you would get alot of attention from surrounding states..WY, CO, SD, KS..probably alot from eastern NE too
Old 01-27-2010, 12:25 PM

haha yea not too many here in town. but i bet you would get alot of attention from surrounding states..WY, CO, SD, KS..probably alot from eastern NE too
yea i went onto the rockies ecotec forum and they didn't seem too interested but idk i haven't talked to the guy i'm doing it all through in a while so we will see and oh about that gto the guys name is like bo or something like that i'm not sure if you know max with the blue turbo teggy or not but he is in a college class with him
Old 01-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LE5_AJ
yea i went onto the rockies ecotec forum and they didn't seem too interested but idk i haven't talked to the guy i'm doing it all through in a while so we will see and oh about that gto the guys name is like bo or something like that i'm not sure if you know max with the blue turbo teggy or not but he is in a college class with him
oh yea yea...i know him. is his car pretty quick?