2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

wanna go bigger

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hav zzp setup with 5857 installing soon will post pix n results
Old 02-24-2013, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok def in for results. Will the pwerks turbo bolt up to factory and will
it work with Hahn piping
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can run any setup you want. To be honest its all a gamble with any car and any build. I have experienced this 1st hand with my cobalt. Fully forged internals, girdled block, pretty much everything and something still would fail even with a reputable tuner. There are people running big turbos on the stock pistons and rods making close to 500 with no bottom end failure but they still have issues and pretty big ones at that. If you're planning on this, don't just plan on paying for a turbo kit especially if its your "dd". Save for anything that could happen. You could even junk your block. Happened here with my girdled block. Its all in luck with big turbo cars. Things will break and don't say they won't because they will and you can't say you won't be itching to just adjust the boost controller a few more psi after you got beat or got tired of the same power. And that sir will most likely be your resolve.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by red_bolt_06
Ok def in for results. Will the pwerks turbo bolt up to factory and will
it work with Hahn piping
The wr line of turbos from pwerks are direct bolt in replacement's, anything that works with the factory turbo will work if the pwerks turbo.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
You can run any setup you want. To be honest its all a gamble with any car and any build. I have experienced this 1st hand with my cobalt. Fully forged internals, girdled block, pretty much everything and something still would fail even with a reputable tuner. There are people running big turbos on the stock pistons and rods making close to 500 with no bottom end failure but they still have issues and pretty big ones at that. If you're planning on this, don't just plan on paying for a turbo kit especially if its your "dd". Save for anything that could happen. You could even junk your block. Happened here with my girdled block. Its all in luck with big turbo cars. Things will break and don't say they won't because they will and you can't say you won't be itching to just adjust the boost controller a few more psi after you got beat or got tired of the same power. And that sir will most likely be your resolve.

I know exactly what you mean. if I'm gonna put the money into a bigger turbo
kit I would be better off building the motor some. esp the bottom end, I want to
get the zzp cams but Idk if the gain is worth the price
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts
For 400whp the cams aren't worth it
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Many of the kits mentioned will get you 400whp stock motor if that's your goal.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 PM

i have the zzp efr on my car and love it. Its all in the tune and the driver.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:49 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
XX2 ^^^....
And I would also add to this is for those newbies. Get a duo high and low boost option, leave it on low boost most of the time and don't beat the **** out of your car every time you are on the road.
There's this kid in his turbo Integra in my neighbourhood that I swear he boost the **** out of it and setting off his bov every time doesn't matter what time of day or weather condition in a residential area too. What a douche bag.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 AM

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts
thats what your foot is for
Old 02-28-2013, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by blrt
XX2 ^^^....
And I would also add to this is for those newbies. Get a duo high and low boost option, leave it on low boost most of the time and don't beat the **** out of your car every time you are on the road.
There's this kid in his turbo Integra in my neighbourhood that I swear he boost the **** out of it and setting off his bov every time doesn't matter what time of day or weather condition in a residential area too. What a douche bag.
I was thinking about doing a dual tune. and I hardly ever beat on my car
and that's a Honda guy for you haha.. What would be the best step up for a dual
tune, I know trifecta offers a way for you to do that.. is there any other ways
Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 PM

He is saying a dual stage boost controller. Set one knob for lower boost and the other knob for higher boost. Flip a toggle switch to change between high and low