2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Where is the GM stage kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
oh my..... are you people blind? if the GM stage 1 only gives 275 hp with a stock intake...why wouldnt you already have or buy a aftermarket intake and get your 290+hp?

As for cobb, yes which is exactly what some of these "gm" people are doing. Please again tell me what company doesnt get **** online from idiots? and again I state, cobb sells OUT all their parts in the first day of release yet they think they dont have respect? thats complete bullshit as they cant even keep the parts in stock but think people dont respect them?

Listen the stage kit is taking slightly longer, when you go start a company as big or hell even a small one that has high demand let me know how long it takes for R&D then releasing parts. Until then please stop complaining this is ******* stupid. You wont get it any sooner and your comments of ...well blah blah 275hp ill go with superchips...yea BS your the one that will be fist in line for that GM stage kit.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
could not agree any less with the statement above.

good things come to those who wait.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:35 AM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by wantedSS/TC
could not agree any less with the statement above.

good things come to those who wait.
agreed, putting risk on your warranty due to impatience is a bad thing.

Do some yoga or something and calm down until it's released.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:03 PM

gonna release...^^^^^^lol
Old 06-30-2009, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe
oh my..... are you people blind? if the GM stage 1 only gives 275 hp with a stock intake...why wouldnt you already have or buy a aftermarket intake and get your 290+hp?

As for cobb, yes which is exactly what some of these "gm" people are doing. Please again tell me what company doesnt get **** online from idiots? and again I state, cobb sells OUT all their parts in the first day of release yet they think they dont have respect? thats complete bullshit as they cant even keep the parts in stock but think people dont respect them?

Listen the stage kit is taking slightly longer, when you go start a company as big or hell even a small one that has high demand let me know how long it takes for R&D then releasing parts. Until then please stop complaining this is ******* stupid. You wont get it any sooner and your comments of ...well blah blah 275hp ill go with superchips...yea BS your the one that will be fist in line for that GM stage kit.
You are my new favorite person ever.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Banned

I like how people are blaming R&D.

The LNF is not new.
The stage kits are not new. ECM tweaking does not take months and months and months and months.

There is no excuse.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by mr_buddha
I like how people are blaming R&D.

The LNF is not new.
The stage kits are not new. ECM tweaking does not take months and months and months and months.

There is no excuse.
the stage kit for the CSS is different than the other lnf based cars. I like how you know everything. When the buddha stage .5 kit comes out let me know...
Old 06-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Banned

the stage kit for the CSS is different than the other lnf based cars. I like how you know everything. When the buddha stage .5 kit comes out let me know...
Amazing that you believe it takes this long for a tiny R&D, while other companies are putting out full blown and tuned turbo upgrade kits. Far beyond a meager sensor and ecm tweaking with air intake kit.

How about accepting the truth for what it is: GM does not care about the cobalt community of SS' right now. We aren't their cash crop.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:22 PM

but everyone loves a cobaltss except for those damn camaro guys
Old 06-30-2009, 04:28 PM

Amazing that you believe it takes this long for a tiny R&D, while other companies are putting out full blown and tuned turbo upgrade kits. Far beyond a meager sensor and ecm tweaking with air intake kit.

How about accepting the truth for what it is: GM does not care about the cobalt community of SS' right now. We aren't their cash crop.
hahahah. how much do "other companies" put into making it a safe and DD? they are not the ones that made the car and have to warranty the car. The engine/transmission, ecu. You shouldnt blow your mouth off like you know anything on what GMPP has to do to get a warranty covered performance kit. Just that statement you made, makes yourself look ignorant.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

hahahah. how much do "other companies" put into making it a safe and DD? they are not the ones that made the car and have to warranty the car. The engine/transmission, ecu. You shouldnt blow your mouth off like you know anything on what GMPP has to do to get a warranty covered performance kit. Just that statement you made, makes yourself look ignorant.
And you're just as stupid if you believe it's truly this hard for them to have it out the door and ready.
They already know what kind of power level they can reach and warrnty with the motor, and what needs to be done with it.
Tell us, O'wise and knowledgeable one, what is the frickin' hold up?
Not some BS gm is spewing, where is the break down that's causing the hold up? hmmmmm?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:58 PM

And you're just as stupid if you believe it's truly this hard for them to have it out the door and ready.
They already know what kind of power level they can reach and warrnty with the motor, and what needs to be done with it.
Tell us, O'wise and knowledgeable one, what is the frickin' hold up?
Not some BS gm is spewing, where is the break down that's causing the hold up? hmmmmm?
I never claimed to know. But you thinking its some easy as cake kit is proof that you know nothing about business let alone car performance and tuning. You are the exact reason companies like Cobb pulled out of mazda... JFC stop acting like a know it all bad ass because you are hiding behind your username and monitor.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned

I never claimed to know. But you thinking its some easy as cake kit is proof that you know nothing about business let alone car performance and tuning. You are the exact reason companies like Cobb pulled out of mazda... JFC stop acting like a know it all bad ass because you are hiding behind your username and monitor.
Well said P. Just stop wasting your breath on someone like him. He doesn't have the intellect to keep up with you.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:05 PM

time

Look GM is so far in the hole it is mind boggling. This is money issues. It will come when it comes. The 275 HP vs 290 HP, well the BS will stop when it hits the dyno. I like my 160,000 km warranty and would like to keep it. July? hope so.

cheers
Old 07-01-2009, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by SPDJNKY
Look GM is so far in the hole it is mind boggling. This is money issues. It will come when it comes. The 275 HP vs 290 HP, well the BS will stop when it hits the dyno. I like my 160,000 km warranty and would like to keep it. July? hope so.

cheers
^^^^^Word. We should be grateful that GM is still even releasing the kit. I mean this is the last model year for the car, there is a very small enthusiast following (comparatively), and GM is going under some major restructuring. I'm sure that this kit is the last thing R&D is focusing on. Just the fact that we are still getting updates and are not left in the dark goes to show that they are making an effort. I'm just glad they haven't scrapped it all together. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:45 AM

if the aftermarket intake and stage 1 are combined will any part of the warantee (beside the ac line if it rubs) be voided?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by dunit121
if the aftermarket intake and stage 1 are combined will any part of the warantee (beside the ac line if it rubs) be voided?
ITS NOT OUT YET. Nobodi noes yet??!11 gahhhhhhhh
Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Premium Member

GMTUNERSOURCE needs to fire their source. This is like the whole weapons of mass destruction thing all over again.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 AM

Who even says it is going to be released at this point? You guys read the damn post with GM in trouble blah, blah, blah.

northvibe, if you are referring to me with the "I'm gonna get Superchips instead" remark and being first in line for the GM kit.....guess what GM just lost another customer, my Cortex will be here by Friday.

Nobody seems to see that the GM kit is advertised at 275 gross hp - while guy with Superchips are making that net hp at the wheels....
Old 07-01-2009, 08:55 AM

Im giving GM one more month, then Im getting tuned.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by drewbroo
GMTUNERSOURCE needs to fire their source. This is like the whole weapons of mass destruction thing all over again.
Our source is GM itself and everyone involved with this kit that we deal with daily. I wish I had a concrete answer as to why it's taking so long to give you guys an explanation and to give you guys some solace here but I just don't have that info. The only info I have is that the kit WILL be coming out and that it definitely has not been placed on the backburner. If I had to take a stab I would say getting the kit CARB certified is taking longer with the increased amount of gov't regulation present inside GM now. But that is purely my personal take on it and not an official statement of fact.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
Our source is GM itself and everyone involved with this kit that we deal with daily. I wish I had a concrete answer as to why it's taking so long to give you guys an explanation and to give you guys some solace here but I just don't have that info. The only info I have is that the kit WILL be coming out and that it definitely has not been placed on the backburner. If I had to take a stab I would say getting the kit CARB certified is taking longer with the increased amount of gov't regulation present inside GM now. But that is purely my personal take on it and not an official statement of fact.
Hey Alpha, i was with my Captain the other day and he ordered a 2010 camaro in Cyber gray with the 2SS/RS package and got a weird call from GM. He put it on speaker so i can sort of tell you what happened. Guy tells him we have your car on order, but we were wondering if you would like the Z28 package?? So he asks what it is as my eyes light up. The catch was the car would take 4-6 weeks longer and they were gunna give him a sick ass deal but he would be a test car for it and have to fill out a survey at the end of the year. It was going to be something like 45K instead of 38K. So does this mean GM performance division is back in business??? also is it true a Z28 Camaro will be made??
Old 07-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Lightbulb

I somewhat agree with the C.A.R.B for a problem but from my personal standpoint almost all cars are 50 state emissions leagal due to the fact that the emissions is done internaly through camshaft phasing.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IsItFast?
Im giving GM one more month, then Im getting tuned.
WOW! I bet THAT threat will get them moving.

Originally Posted by 09lnfssblk
I somewhat agree with the C.A.R.B for a problem but from my personal standpoint almost all cars are 50 state emissions leagal due to the fact that the emissions is done internaly through camshaft phasing.
But California does their own emissions testing according to their own standards which is the strictest standards in the US. That's why Obama's posse wants to use their standards for the Federal standard. Problem is the CARB (California Air Resources Board) members are not getting paid now. Just IOU's. Would YOU give your best effort if you were getting paid with a PROMISE? Maybe Schwartzeneger should make another movie and donate the proceeds to the state he bankrupted.

Last edited by buellfooll; 07-01-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-01-2009, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 09lnfssblk
if u add a power modifier like this it needs to be recertified by carb or else all the states that use carb's reulations wont allow u to legally have it or somethin. someone might be able to give more detail than that.

I know they had to get it recertified for carb on all the other cars, but since ours is "special" (short bus kinda way) it has to be redone i suppose.

Quick Reply: Where is the GM stage kit?