2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

2.8 or lower...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.8 or lower...

Once I get my car back saturday, my meth and gauges will be installed. Next I was going to order a pulley/injec etc... I was going to go 2.8 but am worried I might want a little more power later on. Is there a big jump If I go down to 2.7 or 2.6. With my 2 cooling mods will I be ok with 2.7 or .6?
Old 05-07-2008, 05:30 PM

Should be alright, thats what most people have, meth and a h/e.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:26 PM

te only thing i would highly highly suggest if your going lower than a 2.8 (besides the cooling mods) is to get some good poly tranny mounts and engine mounts from ttr, and get some slicks. my tires are spinning everywhere (and they are new zero neros) in first gear, even if your rolling already they still spin to 2nd. dont luanch too hard either, the stock axles arent the best either. its a lot of boost to control with a 2.6
Old 05-07-2008, 06:27 PM

the more you reduce the size of the pulley, the lower the "jump" will be in power from each size to the next as your supercharger drops out of its efficiency range.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 PM

before i start making **** up is there a 2.75 pully size i cant find one if there is maybe u may want to look into it
Old 05-07-2008, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by chevysssc
before i start making **** up is there a 2.75 pully size i cant find one if there is maybe u may want to look into it
Yes, there is a 2.75. I make pulleys in ANY size you want and can make them for any system. Just pm or email me to let me know what you may be interested in. You can also check out my website, www.smoothflowpulleys.com

Nate
Old 05-07-2008, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by nherbst454
Yes, there is a 2.75. I make pulleys in ANY size you want and can make them for any system. Just pm or email me to let me know what you may be interested in. You can also check out my website, www.smoothflowpulleys.com

Nate
Yeah Nate I am going to order that MPS system from you once I get paid on Friday so I'm thinking Monday I am going to make my orders. I'm, just trying to find the best set up right now. hows is the 2.75, is there a big difference between that and 2.8?

Originally Posted by TommySSSC
te only thing i would highly highly suggest if your going lower than a 2.8 (besides the cooling mods) is to get some good poly tranny mounts and engine mounts from ttr, and get some slicks. my tires are spinning everywhere (and they are new zero neros) in first gear, even if your rolling already they still spin to 2nd. dont luanch too hard either, the stock axles arent the best either. its a lot of boost to control with a 2.6
Oh ok, what size are you running?

Last edited by MfZx25z; 05-07-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-2008, 09:53 PM

im running a 2.6 as of right now, i keep getting a new cel, and it seems like as soon as i let go of full throttle at no matter what gear, you better have your seatbelt on tight or else youll be up uround the dash. not even a second at wot im hitting 18lbs boost. and in first in having problems gaining traction. i have the ingalls stiffy torque dampner on there at the strongest setting and it feels like its not even there when im in first, barely any difference. i put the torque dampner on with my 2.6, so i cant compare it to with my old set-up (42s and 2.9). BUT i was running 8.9 1/8th all day with my 2.9 and 42s, yet top end power is where i would loose it, ending up at about 13.9s. Now with my 2.6, 60s and torque dampner, i cant get my 1/8th mile under 9.3, i saw a high 9.27 one time. I was still running 13.9s though, so even though i was slower off the line, i still caught up at the higher mph and other gears. Even if i startd off the line like i was at a traffic light to get a nice roll the hit wot, i would still get bad wheel hop. i could never do full wot in first, it was pathetic. YET it was VERY VERY HUMID that day (like 85%) which is just horrible for boosted engines. on a colder night no humidy night i would exspect to run 13.7s with the **** wheel hop. i am concerned that its just too much boost for the stock s/c and im worried about my stock internals. i do have a big heat exchanger and im in the process of getting meth in there.

so pretty much, if your going below 2.8 (which some people believe the 2.8 is the best effieciency for the s.c) be prepared to get the solid engine mounts, tranny mounts, and some slicks. i dont have any wideband set-up either so i cant even check any kind of levels or iats. more boost doesnt necessarily mean faster car. yes going to a smaller pulley will give you the mosr boost and more hp/tq gain, yet in sense you might be creating more heat and unsuffiecent flow from the s/c, its practially maxing it out. ill most likely get a 2.8 on there, get tuned for it, and see what kind of times im putting out. ill get some solid engine mounts on some slicks too. Everyones opinion is different, i baby my car too when i drive around the city, im barely ever full throttle on daily driving. but if im not happen with my times compared ot amount of wheel hop with the 2.8, ill go from there. the debate is endless, i can say that my 60s and 2.6 felt like an entire new car. i just wanna run these 13.5s that people are posting!!
Old 05-07-2008, 10:42 PM

im running a 2.6 as of right now, i keep getting a new cel, and it seems like as soon as i let go of full throttle at no matter what gear, you better have your seatbelt on tight or else youll be up uround the dash. not even a second at wot im hitting 18lbs boost. and in first in having problems gaining traction. i have the ingalls stiffy torque dampner on there at the strongest setting and it feels like its not even there when im in first, barely any difference. i put the torque dampner on with my 2.6, so i cant compare it to with my old set-up (42s and 2.9). BUT i was running 8.9 1/8th all day with my 2.9 and 42s, yet top end power is where i would loose it, ending up at about 13.9s. Now with my 2.6, 60s and torque dampner, i cant get my 1/8th mile under 9.3, i saw a high 9.27 one time. I was still running 13.9s though, so even though i was slower off the line, i still caught up at the higher mph and other gears. Even if i startd off the line like i was at a traffic light to get a nice roll the hit wot, i would still get bad wheel hop. i could never do full wot in first, it was pathetic. YET it was VERY VERY HUMID that day (like 85%) which is just horrible for boosted engines. on a colder night no humidy night i would exspect to run 13.7s with the **** wheel hop. i am concerned that its just too much boost for the stock s/c and im worried about my stock internals. i do have a big heat exchanger and im in the process of getting meth in there.

so pretty much, if your going below 2.8 (which some people believe the 2.8 is the best effieciency for the s.c) be prepared to get the solid engine mounts, tranny mounts, and some slicks. i dont have any wideband set-up either so i cant even check any kind of levels or iats. more boost doesnt necessarily mean faster car. yes going to a smaller pulley will give you the mosr boost and more hp/tq gain, yet in sense you might be creating more heat and unsuffiecent flow from the s/c, its practially maxing it out. ill most likely get a 2.8 on there, get tuned for it, and see what kind of times im putting out. ill get some solid engine mounts on some slicks too. Everyones opinion is different, i baby my car too when i drive around the city, im barely ever full throttle on daily driving. but if im not happen with my times compared ot amount of wheel hop with the 2.8, ill go from there. the debate is endless, i can say that my 60s and 2.6 felt like an entire new car. i just wanna run these 13.5s that people are posting!!
Cool man thanks for the detailed post. I think I'm going to get the 2.8/60's, this set up seems like the most efficient and safest for now.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:14 AM

yea... get some traction my buddy is ralliartist and he ran a 13.6 still on a stock pulley because he had some slicks on for traction.... your getting owned by traction and heatsoak by that 2.6 nuff said