2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

3.0 Pulley came in..questions..

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.0 Pulley came in..questions..

Alright, I broke down and bought a ZZ performance 3.0" pulley and received it this weekend.

I've got a few questions now:

1. I didn't buy the pulley puller, but I have access to a three jaw puller, before I even think of possibly using it, has anyone has success w/ that method?

2. I measured the pulley...it seems to be 2.95" vs 3.0", can anyone else confirm this?

3. I have not gotten any spark plugs as of yet, will it be necessary to replace them before installing the pulley?

4. What's the SOTP feel w/ the smaller pulley vs. stock, can you feel it afterwards or is it subtle?
Old 01-23-2006, 01:01 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1) I think the feeling is a regular puller can damage the shaft/drive unit on the supercharger. How are you going to press the pulley on the puller tool does both.

2)I wouldn't sweet .05 inches, by the time you add the belt it will be fine.

3) Still using the stock plug on my 3 inch pulley. I haven't seen any knock so I don't have a reason to change them yet.

4) I notice a difference in power. Not sure how to accurately convey it writing. You pick up a few ponies I am sure. You can see the boost comes on sooner, you will also notice the PCM will pull the boost at higher revs if you don't do some sort of bypass mod.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by zinner
1) I think the feeling is a regular puller can damage the shaft/drive unit on the supercharger. How are you going to press the pulley on the puller tool does both.

2)I wouldn't sweet .05 inches, by the time you add the belt it will be fine.

3) Still using the stock plug on my 3 inch pulley. I haven't seen any knock so I don't have a reason to change them yet.

4) I notice a difference in power. Not sure how to accurately convey it writing. You pick up a few ponies I am sure. You can see the boost comes on sooner, you will also notice the PCM will pull the boost at higher revs if you don't do some sort of bypass mod.

Thanks for the info. We were thinking of putting some kind of backing plate behind the pulley and then using a press pushing down on the shaft of the supercharger, would that work?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:32 AM

that is what i did it took a lot to get it off but it will come off. just remember to have something to hold the supercharger from falling to the floor. then get the 3" pulley on and MAKE SURE IT IS THE RIGHT WAY. yeah it sucks ass when you find out the pulleys dont line up and have to do it again. just heated the 3" pulley and slid it on. works like a champ.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Banned

I am running the NGK plugs off of SFPH, and i dont have access to a Interceptor, but my car hasnt thrown a code, so this is a code free mod for about 500 miles so far, your sc is gonna scream, i have heard your car in those videos, just wait till you get the pulley... , its not to bad of an install, but i would recomend getting the right puller, or having someone who has access to an EATON puller do it, better to do it right than F*** it up...good luck man