2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Car won't start.. Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car won't start.. Help!!!

Today I wanted to check the compression in the cylinders so I borrowed a compression gauge. I took out the fuel pump relay. Then pulled the spark plug wires and spark plugs. Put the compression tester in each hole and cranked over each cylinder 4-5 times to get a good reading. Good news is that the compression is good in all cylinders 190psi . Bad news is that I put it all back together and now it first ignited but then died about 2 seconds afterward.I pulled the battery cable negative for 5 minutes and tried again. Still nothing. Then I put the stock AC delco plugs back in and tried again and now it won't even ignite for a little bit.

I now have the battery disconnected again . Waiting a little longer to reconnect. I checked all the fuses and nothing is blown. All the coil packs are sewcure. I can kinda smell some gas out the exhaust.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Does oil need to be dropped back into each cylinder after you do a compression test?

Ok just had the negative off for 1/2 hour plugged it back in and it still won't start. I replaced the ECU with the stock ECU as well and still nothing. Now I looked down into each hole and ontop of the pistons there was no oil or fuel. I think that the Fuel is not being pumped for the spark. I checked the fuese and still nothing. Is it possible I burned up the fuel pump and now it's not working? Or should I keep cranking on it in hopes that fuel will come through the lines and ignite?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BCobaltSS
Today I wanted to check the compression in the cylinders so I borrowed a compression gauge. I took out the fuel pump relay. Then pulled the spark plug wires and spark plugs. Put the compression tester in each hole and cranked over each cylinder 4-5 times to get a good reading. Good news is that the compression is good in all cylinders 190psi . Bad news is that I put it all back together and now it first ignited but then died about 2 seconds afterward.I pulled the battery cable negative for 5 minutes and tried again. Still nothing. Then I put the stock AC delco plugs back in and tried again and now it won't even ignite for a little bit.

I now have the battery disconnected again . Waiting a little longer to reconnect. I checked all the fuses and nothing is blown. All the coil packs are sewcure. I can kinda smell some gas out the exhaust.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Does oil need to be dropped back into each cylinder after you do a compression test?

Ok just had the negative off for 1/2 hour plugged it back in and it still won't start. I replaced the ECU with the stock ECU as well and still nothing. Now I looked down into each hole and ontop of the pistons there was no oil or fuel. I think that the Fuel is not being pumped for the spark. I checked the fuese and still nothing. Is it possible I burned up the fuel pump and now it's not working? Or should I keep cranking on it in hopes that fuel will come through the lines and ignite?
Are you certain you put the relay for the fuel pump into the correct location? I know when I did this it did take a bit of cranking to get my balt running because the fuel needed to get back into the lines. Mabye just for curiousity sake pull the fuel pump relay again and drain the line by doing this and when you put it back on listen closely to make sure you hear the pump turn on with the key on the on side but dont try to start at this point.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea I put the relay fuse in the correct location. I turned the key to the on position and I could hear the relay click. I turned the key until the ECU detected that I was cranking on it too much and shut it down. I tried again and still no luck. Anything else I need to check

Ok just checked for the hell of it and the relay was in the wrong position . Two prongs were in the dummy position. Good thing for the search button on this site.Thanks Angel

Last edited by BCobaltSS; 06-14-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No worries! Glad I could help.