2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

cobalt in the 12.9's so cheap to do is it true?!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take a look at my sig, add the h/e, zzp header, and catless d/p i just orderd and traction bars, you SHOULD have a 12 sec car.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:00 AM

Yeah, I'd say a header would help a lot! I just picked this up today! 3/8" flange ,1 7/8" primaries & 3" collector!

Old 09-14-2006, 12:01 AM

Don't forget to factor in labor costs...

Oscar
Old 09-14-2006, 12:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol labor who doesnt install there own parts i cant trust anyone to install anything, so afr anythgin that has been installed by someone has a failed, anything i have put on has been 100%
Old 09-14-2006, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by crossed over

what about clutch and stuff like that and computer flash/tuning? any of those little things need to be done
The omputertuning is the HP Tuners. That is the approx. cost of having someone tune it using their software, not buying your own copy of the software.

I would set aside extra money for a clutch since that set up will be pushing the stock clutch past it's limits. You will having to replace it in a matter of no time if you get on it often.

Like mentioned above, you might have to wait for the new PCM to be cracked since it will updated with the 07. It is designed to read the sensors faster and more often that the 05 and 06.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by TooManyCars
Don't forget to factor in labor costs...

Oscar
Screw labor fees! I do all my own work since I cannot trust anyone else!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by CbYellowSS
since its an 07 you might not have all the mods out for it yet.... you might want to think about that

i have heard the 07's are set up a little differently than the 05's-06's so if you are going to get a 07 dont get too excited about getting all the mods too soon

well i dont plan on doing any of these mods till the next summer anyway cause winter is on its way here in toronto so im thinking more around june-august next year maybe a lil earlier if i cant hold off
Old 09-14-2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by sunfirejoe
lol labor who doesnt install there own parts i cant trust anyone to install anything, so afr anythgin that has been installed by someone has a failed, anything i have put on has been 100%
like i said im not very good with cars as you guys are so labour costs will be a factor for me, i wish i could do this myself also cause im scared of what those guys around here are gunna do with my car not knowing **** about it.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:31 AM

like i said im not very good with cars as you guys are so labour costs will be a factor for me, i wish i could do this myself also cause im scared of what those guys around here are gunna do with my car not knowing **** about it.

If you are waiting until next summer you have time to learn. Really the tools you need are pretty basic, of course fancier tools may make the job easier/quicker, but you can get by with the basics. As for the knowledge, start reading up on the "how tos" and get yourself a haynes manual to show you how to take apart everything. The labor costs you would pay will easily pay for any tools you may need.

There is no need to be afraid of working on your car. It's just nuts and bolts and any logically minded person can do it.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i dont plan on doing any of these mods till the next summer anyway cause winter is on its way here in toronto so im thinking more around june-august next year maybe a lil earlier if i cant hold off

I'm from toronto aswell. i was gonna get an 07 within a month but decided not to until around May 2007. By then I'll know enuff about cobalts since this site is awesome. i read alot of the How To's and it doesnt seem all that hard. its not like we are putting in moving parts. most of the stuff is just bolt on it seems. For now im just gonna buy a used cavelier for cheap. I might just keep it as a winter beater.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by IMADreamer
If you are waiting until next summer you have time to learn. Really the tools you need are pretty basic, of course fancier tools may make the job easier/quicker, but you can get by with the basics. As for the knowledge, start reading up on the "how tos" and get yourself a haynes manual to show you how to take apart everything. The labor costs you would pay will easily pay for any tools you may need.

There is no need to be afraid of working on your car. It's just nuts and bolts and any logically minded person can do it.
yeah your right im gunna research my ass off till then, i also have some friends that can do lots with cars, its just that i hadent spoken to them in a long ass time lol, oh well i have from now till next summer to slowly talk to them again and become friends again
Old 09-14-2006, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Frank2029
I'm from toronto aswell. i was gonna get an 07 within a month but decided not to until around May 2007. By then I'll know enuff about cobalts since this site is awesome. i read alot of the How To's and it doesnt seem all that hard. its not like we are putting in moving parts. most of the stuff is just bolt on it seems. For now im just gonna buy a used cavelier for cheap. I might just keep it as a winter beater.
hey man get one next month with me so we can go to the dealership together and get a deal on both of them lol, im gunna have to do it next month i cant wait cause i have someone waiting to take over my lease at that time when theres is up. im trying to get as many people together in my area that wanna buy to all go at the same time... that would cut us a sweet deal.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:39 PM

If you live in Toronto, I'm sure there's plenty of guys in here around the area than can either assist you by showing or telling you how to do it. Just choose a day together and according to man law, I think a 12 pack of commonly drank beer in your area should cover the fee.

Oscar
Old 09-14-2006, 05:02 PM

i do all my own labor (yes, paul helps a bit )
Old 09-14-2006, 07:30 PM

It's more satisfying when you do it yourself, the only difficult mod that I wouldn't install myself is the clutch. I just want my car to run mid 13's and I will be more then happy.