2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Do I have everything??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I have everything??

I am planning on installing some parts and getting a tune I want to know if I have everything I need. Here's the total parts list:

60's
Injen intake
Dual pass
Cx h/e
Stu mod
Pacesetter headers
2.5" catless dp
2.5" catback
Aem meth kit
Aem uego wideband

I am thinking that is everything I need I don't want to schedule a day to get tuned and show up not ready. Is there anything I need or anything that would be a good idea to add on to the list b4 I get tuned.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question: If the Cobalt SS comes with a 2.5" exhaust, what is to be gained by getting a 2.5" Exhaust?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by goldchain69
I am planning on installing some parts and getting a tune I want to know if I have everything I need. Here's the total parts list:

60's
Injen intake
Dual pass
Cx h/e
Stu mod
Pacesetter headers
2.5" catless dp
2.5" catback
Aem meth kit
Aem uego wideband

I am thinking that is everything I need I don't want to schedule a day to get tuned and show up not ready. Is there anything I need or anything that would be a good idea to add on to the list b4 I get tuned.
Just off the top of my head, you might want

- Hydroshield for your Injen

- Various sizes of hose clamps. Maybe some extra hoses

- Fuel Injector gaskets for your 60s,

- A pully puller for your 2.6" Pully

- A new Supercharger gasket for when you pull your supercharger off the intake manifold and put it back on so you can get your pully swapped out.

- Undersized belt, or an over size tensioner.

- Various harware and such.

- Might want to get an Interceptor, that can help read your IAT2s, your KR, you can hook up your Meth pressure sensor to it, as well as your AFR with various kits from Aeroforce.

- DeXcool 50/50 premix, or DexCool Concentrate, and a gallon of distilled water to refill your SC/HE/Innercooler system.

- At least 1 heat range cooler spark plugs

- Intake gasket for when you take your intake out to do your dual pass

- Gasket for the lavamor cores (sp?)

- Exhaust Gasket for your Header

- Throttle body cleaner. Since your takeing off your SC and your Intake, youll have to pull out your TB anyway, sicne they get dirty easily in our cars, its a good time to clean it.

- Dual or Tripple pod Apiller. depending if you get an interceptor, keep the stock boost gauge and have your Wideband gauge sepret from the interceptor if you choose.

- Some Injectors require an upgraded wire harness as well.

- PaceSetter Performance Website said that their headers do not include header bolts... so might want some of those.

Last edited by insylem; 01-11-2011 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by insylem
Question: If the Cobalt SS comes with a 2.5" exhaust, what is to be gained by getting a 2.5" Exhaust?
The stock ss/sc catback is not a "true" 2.5" exhaust. The inlet of the resonator is only 2 1/16" i.d., and the over axle piping necks down to 2.25". So adding a true 2.5" catback will net a few more horsepower over stock.

OP you should have purchased a 3" downpipe. A 2.5" downpipe is not an ideal size for the ss/sc.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
The stock ss/sc catback is not a "true" 2.5" exhaust. The inlet of the resonator is only 2 1/16" i.d., and the over axle piping necks down to 2.25". So adding a true 2.5" catback will net a few more horsepower over stock.

OP you should have purchased a 3" downpipe. A 2.5" downpipe is not an ideal size for the ss/sc.
I actually haven't purchased the catback or dp so I will get 3" now after researching it
Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

I actually haven't purchased the catback or dp so I will get 3" now after researching it
Very good!
Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by insylem
Just off the top of my head, you might want

- Hydroshield for your Injen
Is this necessary?

- Various sizes of hose clamps. Maybe some extra hoses
What is this for? Sorry I forgot to mention the dual pass, h/e, and stu mod are already installed.

- Fuel Injector gaskets for your 60s,
Also forgot to mention I have 60s and 2.8 currently on installed

- A pully puller for your 2.6" Pully

- A new Supercharger gasket for when you pull your supercharger off the intake manifold and put it back on so you can get your pully swapped out.

- Undersized belt, or an over size tensioner.
This was a question I forgot to ask, I have a stg2 belt do I also need an oversized pulley?

- Various harware and such.

- Might want to get an Interceptor, that can help read your IAT2s, your KR, you can hook up your Meth pressure sensor to it, as well as your AFR with various kits from Aeroforce.
Is this necessary to have in order to get tuned
Reply questions are bolded in quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 PM

Very good!
Yeah I would like to reach 300+ hp one day
Old 01-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Reply questions are bolded in quote
The hydroshield is a nice item to have just for piece of mind when driving in the rain. Injen intakes now run a dryflow type filter, and they will soak up water like a sponge vs. an oiled k&n style filter.

You dont need an interceptor to get tuned, but if you are going to be running a tune its nice to have a gauge that will monitor all of your tuning parameters.

A 2.6 pulley w/o an over sized or adjustable tensioner could lead to belt slip. The GMS2 belt is usually good down to a 2.7" pulley. Although some have run the GMS2 belt on a 2.6 pulley w/o issue.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 PM

Very good!
Old 01-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

A 2.6 pullied car with a good tune, and proper supporting mods should get you very close to your goal!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:23 PM

if u dont alrdy have i would suggest some rotated mounts to get rid of wheel hop and help put that power to the ground without shaking **** up too much.

the interceptor IMO is a must for anyone who has a tune. for your application i wouldnt drive down the street with a 2.6 on without knowing if i got KR or seeing my IATs. intake air temp being high bc ur intercooler pump is dead can blow up an engine. heat in combination with bad tunes/knock are the reason people blow their sleeves.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont bother with a hydroshield, its a waste of money. I never had one and i drove in the rain alot, on the highways and in flooded areas in the city. Never once did my filter get water near it.

The interceptor gauge isnt 100% for tuning. But is recommended afterwords. While you are being tuned, whoever your tuner is will be able to see all that data on his laptop. Although after your tune, **** happends and its a good idea to be able to monitor it, especially your IAT2 and KR.

And be prepaired for a loud/ricey sounding exhaust if you are going with a 3" dp and 3" exhaust. I have yet to hear a good sounding 3" system on a SS/SC.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by K-Train04RL
if u dont alrdy have i would suggest some rotated mounts to get rid of wheel hop and help put that power to the ground without shaking **** up too much.

the interceptor IMO is a must for anyone who has a tune. for your application i wouldnt drive down the street with a 2.6 on without knowing if i got KR or seeing my IATs. intake air temp being high bc ur intercooler pump is dead can blow up an engine. heat in combination with bad tunes/knock are the reason people blow their sleeves.
Then I for sure get one of these as well I have been collecting parts for the last couple of months and I want to make sure I have everything I need before I get tuned
Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 PM

A 2.6 pullied car with a good tune, and proper supporting mods should get you very close to your goal!
For right now I'm shooting for 280+ whp. Turbo is coming at the end of summer
Old 01-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

You should see that with a good tune.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by srt-10
dont bother with a hydroshield, its a waste of money. I never had one and i drove in the rain alot, on the highways and in flooded areas in the city. Never once did my filter get water near it.

The interceptor gauge isnt 100% for tuning. But is recommended afterwords. While you are being tuned, whoever your tuner is will be able to see all that data on his laptop. Although after your tune, **** happends and its a good idea to be able to monitor it, especially your IAT2 and KR.

And be prepaired for a loud/ricey sounding exhaust if you are going with a 3" dp and 3" exhaust. I have yet to hear a good sounding 3" system on a SS/SC.
Do you own an SS/SC?

I dont see how you could say your filter never got wet unless you physically checked it by removing the inner fender liner. Trust me water gets in there and on the filter. I have witnessed a few people that ruined MAF sensor due to not running a hydroshield on there ss/sc intakes. If you have an oiled filter you wont have to worry as much, because the oil will repell most of the water that splashes on the filter, but that isnt the case with dryflow filters. Better safe than sorry. Not to mention hydroshields keep the filter cleaner longer which is another plus.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:16 PM

A 2.6 pulley w/o an over sized or adjustable tensioner could lead to belt slip. The GMS2 belt is usually good down to a 2.7" pulley. Although some have run the GMS2 belt on a 2.6 pulley w/o issue.
I had a 2.8 with the GMS2 belt until a couple days ago. I was getting a lot of belt squeeking, so I ordered an oversized pulley from ZZP. It was/is a very tight fit, but I am now running both the stage 2 belt and the oversized pulley. The squeek is gone so far. Hopefully, its not too much pressure on any bearings, etc.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:25 PM

60's
Injen intake
Dual pass
Cx h/e
Stu mod
Pacesetter headers
2.5" catless dp
2.5" catback
Aem meth kit
Aem uego wideband

I would go with a different H/E setup personally, since you will be creating some serious heat. other than that, TRACTION mods and a new clutch should be your next mods : )
Old 01-11-2011, 06:32 PM

Do you own an SS/SC?

I dont see how you could say your filter never got wet unless you physically checked it by removing the inner fender liner. Trust me water gets in there and on the filter. I have witnessed a few people that ruined MAF sensor due to not running a hydroshield on there ss/sc intakes. If you have an oiled filter you wont have to worry as much, because the oil will repell most of the water that splashes on the filter, but that isnt the case with dryflow filters. Better safe than sorry. Not to mention hydroshields keep the filter cleaner longer which is another plus.
I use to own a 07 SS/SC. After i got my injen intake i too was worried about water getting it. Few of my friends told me not to worry, water one get to the filter. So after a few storms and doing alot of highway driving (800+ km a weekend) and going through flooded areas, i pulled the wheel liner off a few times. The filter had no signs of being wet. The clamp, screws and maf sensor had no rust at all. There were no water stains or anything. Also my cobalt was driven in intense snow storms with alot of slush. Once again, no water made it to the filter.

Now im not sayin its never happend to everyone, but everyone that i know that had a SS/SC, never had issues.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 PM

randoms072.jpg picture by Snakes709 - Photobucket

Unless you are driving in water that is high enough to reach your filter...approx 1-1/2 feet, i dont see how water will get sucked up.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by srt-10
randoms072.jpg picture by Snakes709 - Photobucket

Unless you are driving in water that is high enough to reach your filter...approx 1-1/2 feet, i dont see how water will get sucked up.
I use one just for piece of mind. It was $25, not expensive at all. I know water will never get sucked up my filter, and even if you had a hydroshield driving though enough water to be "sucked up" would utter it useless. A hydroshield is water repellent not water resistant. I also have an 07' SS/SC and I have seen signs of water spray that has been on my intake and hydroshield. I also like having it on there, because it keeps the filter cleaner for a longer period of time. When I ran the air box mod + k&n filter i didnt use a hydroshield and my filter was always getting crapped up with all the fine silt and dirt that gets in through the inner wheel liner.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:57 AM

Get the ******* hydroshield. The 20$ is worth it. Why chance sucking up water. Only bad things can happen. Take it from a guy who ruined 2 MAF sensors in 2 months because of it. Got the shield, and no issues in a year.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:09 AM

If you want to save a few bucks i have most of the things you need for sale in my sig.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm too JDM for you

than why spend all this money now? just go straight turbo and don't waste your time