2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

A few problems with the ss

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few problems with the ss

I have a 06 SS/SC and been having a few issues. First off I need to either find a factory intake or a way to keep the cold air from getting wet. I changed the filter about two weeks ago and it was rusted so I know that it is getting wet. Then when my car it idling there is a rattle noise coming from around the supercharger area. Not sure if this is normal or trying to let me know something is wrong but it never made a noise when I first bought it. There are plenty more questions that I have but I don't want to flood the first post with all of them. If anyone is from around the Newark, DE area that could help please let me know maybe you have a factory intake that is not being used. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:23 PM

as far as the intake/filter getting wet, buy a injen hydro sheild. they help keep watter from passing through your filter, as far as the ratteling, does it go away after the car is driving? could be timming chain tensioner, easy fix for under $70. most ss will have it, mine had it. replaced it with the timming chain tensioner from crate engine depot. the job itsself only takes ten min if that. like i said, the noise could be anything, we need a vid.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I do have factory air intake, I would let you have it for $60 shipped. PM me if you are interested.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:46 PM

Is this the complete intake for the lsj if so please let me know how we can do the transaction and all and if you have pictures I can pm you my cell or what ever it takes. Thanks man
Old 02-26-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is full stock air intake system, I do have it at my parent's house. I will go over there and take a pictures of it then send you in your email. I prefer payment at via PayPal. PM me, it's better that way and private.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:49 PM

From my research, the water is getting in around the fog light, I put on the ZZP 3" CAI and custom made a sheet metal shield that goes over top (about 1-3" away from filter) and made supports for the top and bottom so the filter doesn't suck it in.

Tested it last night and it worked great (in the rain).

I always had the problem when it rained and the moisture making car goe crazy but seems to be fixed now.

BTW Injen Hydroshield should work too.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
Rattle by the supercharger could mean a few things.

Timing Chain Tensioner, known problem with the LSJ's. Easy fix.
Supercharger coupler. I replaced mine on my LSJ cause I had that rattle, wasn't too bad.
Bad Tensioner pulley. Mine was bad on my LSJ but i just traded it in with it.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StAgEdSS
I have a 06 SS/SC and been having a few issues. First off I need to either find a factory intake or a way to keep the cold air from getting wet. I changed the filter about two weeks ago and it was rusted so I know that it is getting wet. Then when my car it idling there is a rattle noise coming from around the supercharger area. Not sure if this is normal or trying to let me know something is wrong but it never made a noise when I first bought it. There are plenty more questions that I have but I don't want to flood the first post with all of them. If anyone is from around the Newark, DE area that could help please let me know maybe you have a factory intake that is not being used. Thanks in advance for the help.

the rattle noise in the supercharger very well be the coupler inside ur sc... if that's what it is zz performance sells and upgrade. Its not hard to change...I'm sure there is a thread or sticky on here.. and I don't think it is very expensive to replace it... I'm sure you would need a new coupler supercharger oil and silicone. Also can't forget the case of beer.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:22 AM

Sorry I haven't been on to respond to everyone's post I will get on tomorrow and read everything.
Thanks, James
Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 AM

I have that rattle you speak of too...i went through the trouble of changing out the coupler in the superchager and the rattle is still there..I guess I can look into the timing chain tensioner