2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

HE Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HE Brackets

i know this sounds ghetto but i am getting a Cobra HE tonight and want to put it iin tomorrow, i was curious as to if anyone could help me out with ideas on how to mount it. i dont have the time nor the money to order brackets and wait and i have no access to a welder at all so if someone can help me id greatly appreciate it.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott.Florschuetz
i know this sounds ghetto but i am getting a Cobra HE tonight and want to put it iin tomorrow, i was curious as to if anyone could help me out with ideas on how to mount it. i dont have the time nor the money to order brackets and wait and i have no access to a welder at all so if someone can help me id greatly appreciate it.
Hey!

Don't think you can come over to the shortbus and be a cheap ass and your RL homies wont find out! lol

If you are looking for the cheapest possible brackets I have the solution for you.

Go to Home Depot and get the following

2 - Heavy duty "L" brackets
4 - Nut, bots washer combos
4 - Zip ties

Basically mark the bumper where you need to drill the holes for the "L" brackets. That is what you need the 4 nuts bolts and washers for. The "L" will attach to the side of the HE with the ends pointing toward the sides of the car.

Then use the zip ties to attach the HE to the "L" brackets. Thread the zip tie through the hole in the "L" bracket and then through the fins on the HE.

I think some one on here has already hooked it up that way. There might be picks floating around here some where.

Imagine Side brackets like this but instead of a cradle design there are zip ties holding the brackets to the HE.

Its a little ghetto but can be done for less then $5.

Good luck!

Last edited by ebristol; 06-27-2008 at 06:29 PM.