2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

help! need ideas for mods on my 07 cobalt ss.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help! need ideas for mods on my 07 cobalt ss.

Ok so I have a 07 ss. I bought it from a car lot used so idk what was done to it before but I have done a couple things to it.
Mods I have done:
Zzp stage 2 kit
3.0 pulley
Zzp stage 2 tuning
40 lb injectors

The intake is not stock.
How do I know if the down pipe is stock or not?

I get alot of wheel hop and in 1st gear traction is nonexistent and I spin almost halfway through second.

I want the most I can get out of my car but don't know where to start from here. Ideas? ??
Old 02-12-2016, 01:54 AM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
better tires, powell mounts and powell cabs
Old 02-12-2016, 09:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^^^ This and I might add some stiffer front suspension as well.

Kinda on topic here anyone with experience that can confirm that the traction bars do anything ? Or just a waste?
Old 02-13-2016, 12:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Take a pic of the downpipe and we'll tell ya. If this is just a daily driven fun car then I wouldn't waste money on traction bars. Better tires and Powell's rotated transmission mounts will help make the biggest impact. Seat time will be the most valuable in learning how to drive your car. First gear is a bitch. I would have opted to have someone local to you tune you but you are new to the forum so you wouldn't have known who or what to look for. If you invest into someone tuning you they can ramp the boost in first gear to make it more controllable. The recirculating solenoid is tunable in first and second gear on our superchargers meaning the boost can be turned down a little in first gear to help control traction. I spent some time with this and it made a huge difference but I also tune myself. I would also HIGHLY suggest improving the intercooling. Since you are running a smaller pulley the supercharger will be generating more heat. A 3.0" pulley isn't spinning the blower too hard but the better you can cool the air entering the combustion chamber the better. This would include upgrading your intercooler and swapping out the endplate on the intake manifold to what is called a dual pass endplate. Do some searches on here as it has been beat to death.

Last edited by ssyellowss; 02-13-2016 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Added more info
Old 02-13-2016, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssyellowss
Take a pic of the downpipe and we'll tell ya. If this is just a daily driven fun car then I wouldn't waste money on traction bars. Better tires and Powell's rotated transmission mounts will help make the biggest impact. Seat time will be the most valuable in learning how to drive your car. First gear is a bitch. I would have opted to have someone local to you tune you but you are new to the forum so you wouldn't have known who or what to look for. If you invest into someone tuning you they can ramp the boost in first gear to make it more controllable. The recirculating solenoid is tunable in first and second gear on our superchargers meaning the boost can be turned down a little in first gear to help control traction. I spent some time with this and it made a huge difference but I also tune myself. I would also HIGHLY suggest improving the intercooling. Since you are running a smaller pulley the supercharger will be generating more heat. A 3.0" pulley isn't spinning the blower too hard but the better you can cool the air entering the combustion chamber the better. This would include upgrading your intercooler and swapping out the endplate on the intake manifold to what is called a dual pass endplate. Do some searches on here as it has been beat to death.
Thank you guys and I will try and take a pic today sometime..
Old 02-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Check out our site for ideas. Welcome.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
use the search button and look at the stickies thus subject is more then coverd
The following users liked this post:
Squints (02-14-2016)