2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

how to operate Interceptor

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to operate Interceptor

Man I am having problems operating this guage!, I have no clue what so ever what most of the options are... also can anyone tell me how to program the shift light? I spent about 30 mins trying to figure out how to operate this thing and I got no where... I read the instructioons and all it says is use the left button to navigate and the right buttin to select... so when I select all I see is a star next to it and it doesn't allow me to program anything...

can someone post a crash course on using this thing? I am sooo stuck right now...
Old 06-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
me too i want the shift light haha
Old 06-13-2009, 09:32 AM

to get into the menu options u need to press both the left and right buttons at the same time... then ull see a bunch of options... shift light is down a little... i cant remember which button is to move and which one is select of th etop of my head... but i think left is move and right is select...

once u get to shift light option... it should have a desired number and you use one button to move the numbers and the other to shift from thousands, hundreds, tenths...

also to get dtcs if you get a CEL , do the same thing, press both buttons at the same time, go down to get dtc's it will tell you the numbers of what they are... when you are done... clear dtc's...

once u are in the menu options and you are ready to go back to the main screen... goto scan... and you are back into the 2 options you decided to scan...
Old 06-13-2009, 09:40 AM

thanks man !! l'll go try that right now, anything else i should know about the gauge? I don't know the sligtest thing about it, am I suppose to set anything the first time I install it ? the book was saying I am supposed to set something up about the car..
Old 06-13-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Oh man... I'm really worried today lol. I'm going to install this today and now I'm worried about not being able to figure it out.

Stupid question too... I have a 2009 Pontiac G5 GT... and I'm not sure what to set the shift light at. Any guesses?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by bernandovelasquez
thanks man !! l'll go try that right now, anything else i should know about the gauge? I don't know the sligtest thing about it, am I suppose to set anything the first time I install it ? the book was saying I am supposed to set something up about the car..
well its got some kinda performance thing on it which i think? will tell u estimated 1/4 time? not sure... been awhile... pretty much just stages you and when it says go... gun it lol... but it does not accont for wheel spin... and i really doubt its that accurate... but i think thats an option... pretty much just keep it on what you want to watch and set it and forget it... iat2s are good to watch, dont want those to high, and if your modded/tuned it might not be a bad idea to watch knock retard for awhile... make sure that stays at 0... but pretty much just play with it and see what it does....
Old 06-13-2009, 10:47 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Jrhdpaintball
well its got some kinda performance thing on it which i think? will tell u estimated 1/4 time? not sure... been awhile... pretty much just stages you and when it says go... gun it lol... but it does not accont for wheel spin... and i really doubt its that accurate... but i think thats an option... pretty much just keep it on what you want to watch and set it and forget it... iat2s are good to watch, dont want those to high, and if your modded/tuned it might not be a bad idea to watch knock retard for awhile... make sure that stays at 0... but pretty much just play with it and see what it does....
Wow dude... what a helpful post. Thanks! I didn't know it staged you (0-60)... I was kind of wondering how that would work. And I always see people talking about knock retard but I didn't know what number to look for... thanks for giving a number (0)
Old 06-13-2009, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jrhdpaintball
to get into the menu options u need to press both the left and right buttons at the same time... then ull see a bunch of options... shift light is down a little... i cant remember which button is to move and which one is select of th etop of my head... but i think left is move and right is select...

once u get to shift light option... it should have a desired number and you use one button to move the numbers and the other to shift from thousands, hundreds, tenths...

also to get dtcs if you get a CEL , do the same thing, press both buttons at the same time, go down to get dtc's it will tell you the numbers of what they are... when you are done... clear dtc's...

once u are in the menu options and you are ready to go back to the main screen... goto scan... and you are back into the 2 options you decided to scan...
do all have the shift light?
Old 06-13-2009, 04:59 PM

I still can't get the shift light set!! I just came out the car trying to set it... it just doesn't let me set numbers !!
Old 06-13-2009, 06:24 PM

I have never gotten my damn shift lights to work. It drive me crazy everytime i try to get it to work.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:20 PM

Sub'd for an answer to this. I kept trying to get my shift light to work and somehow I messed up and the shift light was ALWAYS on, no matter the rpm's. Got annoying as hell and it finally reset itself I guess haha
Old 06-13-2009, 07:52 PM

well that makes the three of us!!
Old 06-13-2009, 09:44 PM

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/Redline_Cobalt_tech.html bottom of the page, now all we need you guys to do is found out what version we have lol.

Firmware version 2.2 instruction manual is what I used and it works fine . LOTs of writing that tells you everything you need to know about every function.

also Acrobat Reader might be old on your computer so it might not work. My computer messed it up but it works fine on my dads laptop.

I just took a quick peep and like other people said hold down both buttons to go into menu and the left one to move around.

------EDIT FOR SHIFT LIGHT-----
for those of you who cant get it here it is...
1. get into menu (hold the two buttons)
2. go down the options (left button) and get to something that says Annunciator and go into that.
3. this is what I did but i'm still learning---- I picked the RPMs to monitor and then go to exit at the bottom. It will the ask you to pick the RPM when you want the shift light to go on. the layout is like this

the four numbers to your left are the ones you should pick, my RPMs are set up like this for the test I did.

the fifth number over should be a dot or something like that for it to work.
4. I believe it will then as for ABOVE or BELOW. This is just as it says, do you want the light to come on above or below the numbers you picked?

5. not fully sure about the part but I did it, go back out to the main menu and go down the options until you see something that says Annunciator ON or Annunciator OFF. I picked to have it ON.

hope this helps, if you REALLY need I will give pictures but just try to follow this and what it says on the instruction manual I linked from the Aeroforce website and you should be just fine . Also sorry for the spelling errors

Last edited by ssyellow; 06-13-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-14-2009, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by ssyellow
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/Redline_Cobalt_tech.html bottom of the page, now all we need you guys to do is found out what version we have lol.

Firmware version 2.2 instruction manual is what I used and it works fine . LOTs of writing that tells you everything you need to know about every function.

also Acrobat Reader might be old on your computer so it might not work. My computer messed it up but it works fine on my dads laptop.

I just took a quick peep and like other people said hold down both buttons to go into menu and the left one to move around.

------EDIT FOR SHIFT LIGHT-----
for those of you who cant get it here it is...
1. get into menu (hold the two buttons)
2. go down the options (left button) and get to something that says Annunciator and go into that.
3. this is what I did but i'm still learning---- I picked the RPMs to monitor and then go to exit at the bottom. It will the ask you to pick the RPM when you want the shift light to go on. the layout is like this

the four numbers to your left are the ones you should pick, my RPMs are set up like this for the test I did.

the fifth number over should be a dot or something like that for it to work.
4. I believe it will then as for ABOVE or BELOW. This is just as it says, do you want the light to come on above or below the numbers you picked?

5. not fully sure about the part but I did it, go back out to the main menu and go down the options until you see something that says Annunciator ON or Annunciator OFF. I picked to have it ON.

hope this helps, if you REALLY need I will give pictures but just try to follow this and what it says on the instruction manual I linked from the Aeroforce website and you should be just fine . Also sorry for the spelling errors
yea thats what i did and it works,but if u set it for above it will go on when u hit the set rpm,but if set to below it will stay on till you hit the set rpm then it will turn off
i think thats how it is ( i just to tired to remember corectly)lol
Old 06-14-2009, 08:41 AM

yea what he said lol.. good find... keep messin with it... try setting the shift light real low to see if it works... does it light up when it first starts? wondering if the lights are burnt out
Old 06-14-2009, 12:27 PM

um I believe it does light up. When testing I just set it at 1500 or 2500 and it worked for me
Old 06-14-2009, 02:36 PM

Awsome gotta do this when i get home. Oh wait the damn dealership still have my friggin car. I havnt driven it in 2 weeks im about to go insane. Pewter HHR Rental FTMFL
Old 06-14-2009, 05:46 PM

lol are you the water damage guy? sorry to hear about that
Old 06-14-2009, 11:03 PM

set your light to hit around 6700
well thats where i set mine
by the time it lights up
im around 6900 already
i tried at 6800 but i bang
the top
Old 06-15-2009, 12:20 PM