2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Bad Mab Header Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Mab Header Review

After hearing all of the reviews on this header I picked up one for myself. I must say, it's worth more than the price tag would tell you. It was out of stock apparently when I bought it from Bad News Racing, but like a true professorial, he'd emailed me within the hour telling me so.

Didn't matter though because about a day later I had shipping info, and about a day after that, I had me some go fast bling on my door step. I must say, I really like how the money didn't leave my PayPal till he shipped it and he offered me a refund if I didn't want to wait. A+ for sure.

Fit was great, gaskets included, and all the studs were of the proper pitch. No nuts for them, but I just went and shelled out $0.65 ea for some allen head screws at Ace Hardware anyway.

Anyhow, no seat of the pants commentary, I'll just wait for the dyno to see where my numbers went. A few pics below with the installed pics this weekend when it's dry and I'm not tired.

Stockers

Oh yessums

Old 05-03-2011, 09:55 PM

Yeah I dident feel any seat of the pants increase either.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you used allen head bolts for the exhaust mani to head connection?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
you used allen head bolts for the exhaust mani to head connection?
Nope. For the down pipe to header connection because that top nut it a pain. I used one included stud to steady it and make it a one person job (because it would've been hard to get on that gasket),
Old 05-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm too JDM for you

ah okay got ya.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by awshopskater14
Yeah I dident feel any seat of the pants increase either.
Oh no, it's not that I didn't feel a difference, it's just that I did a header and exhaust within 3 days of each other and wouldn't know what hp was from what mod. That and the fact that everything I have done so far honestly made it feel a lot slower.

Thats what the tune is for though. For one at WOT I am reading 10 flat afr which is the richest it can read, and I also used to know "just how to shift" it to keep abuse management from kicking in. I never feel it kick in anymore, which makes since because I swear, it is permanently engaged now. The drive train wants to move so freely now you can feel it when you shift and the car pulls as hard a 2/3 throttle as it does at WOT. I need a tune.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by D_Rob
Oh no, it's not that I didn't feel a difference, it's just that I did a header and exhaust within 3 days of each other and wouldn't know what hp was from what mod. That and the fact that everything I have done so far honestly made it feel a lot slower.

Thats what the tune is for though. For one at WOT I am reading 10 flat afr which is the richest it can read, and I also used to know "just how to shift" it to keep abuse management from kicking in. I never feel it kick in anymore, which makes since because I swear, it is permanently engaged now. The drive train wants to move so freely now you can feel it when you shift and the car pulls as hard a 2/3 throttle as it does at WOT. I need a tune.
Its a hole different beast going from a 10.0 to high 11's
Old 05-04-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by D_Rob

Yeah I was byt dynotuned before I added the header and 3 inch catted dp. So it must have thrown off the tune.