2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

iat's to worry about?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by troyss
Yes please. I want to see the hoses because it would be sweet
ok will do when I get home
Old 03-21-2011, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nizzle
Not sure about other years but my ic pump doesnt turn on unless the engine is under a slight load. Kinda hard to check without a scan gauge or running your own power to the pump to check it.
normal driving bout 20 degrees higher than oustide temps. Runnnig hard, depends on the the temps outside but should be no more than 120 maybe 130 TOPS.
thats because the pump doesnt run all the time. Usually only when the engine is under a slight load. Next time temps get that high, drive around normal for a while and see if they drop. They should drop WAY down.
In most other cars yes. In our cars no. I wish it did run all the time. I am gonna put mine on a toggle so it will work like it does stock but I can turn it on at anytime.
It is boost/vacuum triggered. When you engine starts to have a load put on it, the pump kicks on.

please stop trying to spread this misinformation. this is not true, and unless you have some kind of documentation for it, stop posting it. documentation meaning a video, hpt logs or something else. i would find it hard to believe that your car was the only LSJ ever built like this with the pump turning off via engine vacuum
Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 PM

I would find that hard to believe too. so that is why I am gonna test it AGAIN. Now something you said did hit home; if i put a new pump in and the new pump is bad, then maybe that could be what is confusing me. But i will test. You can stop being an ass at anytime too sir. I am just trying to figure this out at this point.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:01 PM

i'm being an ass because you are posting something as fact when in reality it is not. most members who have a clue on the forums know for a fact that you are wrong. but you can't admit it. this is why css is a joke anymore, because of people spreading misinformation as gospel and newbies believing them

this is just like the " my number 4 injector is getting starved of fuel" argument. misinformation being spread around as gospel by people who don't know any better
Old 03-21-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tennpenn83
i'm being an ass because you are posting something as fact when in reality it is not. most members who have a clue on the forums know for a fact that you are wrong. but you can't admit it. this is why css is a joke anymore, because of people spreading misinformation as gospel and newbies believing them

this is just like the " my number 4 injector is getting starved of fuel" argument. misinformation being spread around as gospel by people who don't know any better
you could have kept posting you objections to what I was saying without getting disrespectful (calling people dumb ***** and such). Not a good way to get people to listen to you. If you are really trying to help, then be civil.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is true! why do u think #4 always goes
Old 03-21-2011, 07:06 PM

you could have kept posting you objections to what I was saying without getting disrespectful (calling people dumb ***** and such). Not a good way to get people to listen to you. If you are really trying to help, then be civil.
i don't have to answer to you, i could care less if you think i'm a cool dude or an asshat. you are wrong, you can't admit it, you are the one that is an asshat here.

Originally Posted by srt-10
that is true! why do u think #4 always goes
we could debate that all night...
Old 03-21-2011, 07:08 PM

i don't have to answer to you, i could care less if you think i'm a cool dude or an asshat. you are wrong, you can't admit it, you are the one that is an asshat here.

we could debate that all night...
I already told you (oh yea I forgot you dont listen) i will admit I am wrong once it is proved until then chill out
Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 PM

I already told you (oh yea I forgot you dont listen) i will admit I am wrong once it is proved until then chill out
please disprove me, and all of the other LSJ owners on the forum that knows you're wrong. would you be strong enough in your belief to make a wager on it?

i am so certain that I will put up $100. either you prove me wrong, i will shut up and you get $100, or you post up information admitting your ignorance and stop trying to act like you know **** about the lsj, and you paypal me $100
Old 03-21-2011, 07:13 PM

please disprove me, and all of the other LSJ owners on the forum that knows you're wrong. would you be strong enough in your belief to make a wager on it?

i am so certain that I will put up $100. either you prove me wrong, i will shut up and you get $100, or you post up information admitting your ignorance and stop trying to act like you know **** about the lsj, and you paypal me $100
I aint gonna bet anything cause I dont believe you would pay up, however, I will post up my info admitting what ever will get you to stop crying, but if I am right, you wont hear the end of it LOL
Old 03-21-2011, 07:15 PM

I aint gonna bet anything cause I dont believe you would pay up, however, I will post up my info admitting what ever will get you to stop crying, but if I am right, you wont hear the end of it LOL
well that's not fair. I guess if i am right, if you post up info about admitting you were wrong, I'd leave you alone.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:15 PM

he's wrong, lets just leave it at that.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:16 PM

i am a man of my word. guarantee it. if i am wrong, i will paypal you $100. apparently you don't have enough faith in yourself to put up the same money.

i am a member of several forums, where i voluntarily make how-to's and posts with information to help others. i spend hours of my own time helping others with their cars and tunes and don't ask anything in return. i am a stand-up guy, and am respected on many forums. don't let your ego fool you. i have been around the LSJ platform since 2005, got my own in 2006, and maybe, just maybe i might know a thing or two about these cars.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:18 PM

i am a man of my word. guarantee it. if i am wrong, i will paypal you $100. apparently you don't have enough faith in yourself to put up the same money.

i am a member of several forums, where i voluntarily make how-to's and posts with information to help others. i spend hours of my own time helping others with their cars and tunes and don't ask anything in return. i am a stand-up guy, and am respected on many forums. don't let your ego fool you. i have been around the LSJ platform since 2005, got my own in 2006, and maybe, just maybe i might know a thing or two about these cars.
blah blah blah. Ok ok ok wutever sir.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:20 PM

i went to a road course in new mexico, the outside temperature was about 81F, and my iat was around 128F.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:25 PM

blah blah blah. Ok ok ok wutever sir.
you are the reason css.net is a joke anymore man...

Old 03-21-2011, 07:33 PM

this first vid is just for comparison...

YouTube - Cobalt Intercooler Pump

here it is, engine starting and idling, and coolant tank filling(showing that the pump runs at idle...wot...under boost...under vacuum, all the time)

YouTube - Cobalt Intercooler Pump
Old 03-21-2011, 07:38 PM

second video doesnt work
Old 03-21-2011, 07:43 PM

its still processing
Old 03-21-2011, 08:04 PM

I think that was your cooling system tank. The h/e system is seperate from that otherwise there would not be a seperate fill tank. And I am 99.9% sure the ic pump runs all the time. At cruise, my iat temps are 24-26 degrees above ambient temp.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 PM

That was his opt B omg
Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 PM

yes opt b kit...i put it in the video description but for more proof, heres pics

Old 03-21-2011, 08:33 PM

Ok so I'm back. And I begrudgingly admit I am a dumb **** lick. The pump pig tail has power and ground all the time not just under boost. I was wrong you all were right but tenn is still a ****** kunt. what's wrong with css.net is there are bitches like tenn instead of helping solve the problem he creates more by being a *****. Anyway, I am a man of my word and I admit my huge error.

Last edited by nizzle; 03-21-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 PM

so, instead of just admitting you were wrong, which i'll give you credit that you did, you made sure to try to take me down with you... this is why you're a dumb ****

priceless css.net is...
Old 03-21-2011, 08:39 PM

so, instead of just admitting you were wrong, which i'll give you credit that you did, you made sure to try to take me down with you... this is why you're a dumb ****

priceless css.net is...
so are you. thx for the cred anyway

Quick Reply: iat's to worry about?