2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Just bought it! Now what...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought it! Now what...

I just bought my 07 vic red 5spd ss last night! Within the next two months I wanna put some basic upgrades on it. I was looking for pulleys, exhaust, and intake. The mechanics where I work say to go exhaust, intake, then pulleys last. Any advice? Better mods? Also, how can i get rid of that pinstriping on the side? Thanks for any help! -Mike
Old 03-23-2007, 07:47 PM

a question like that is for some people opinion. id say do all three at once. your going to buy them neway. y jump the gun for an intake then and exhaust. you'll feel the best gains with all three (obviously) but it will be sweet. or you can be like ehh intake feel it alittle here then exhaust i didnt really notice much. i feel like my money was better spent when i feel the gains. thats my opinion. also if ur gonna do a pulley just do some kit wither its GM, intense, tag, or just your own with a tune injectors and the other few supporting mods. money better spent and some of those places when u buy a kit the deal is better then doing it little at a time.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:51 PM

Now what?

Go drive it some more!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:24 PM

do traction mods
Old 03-23-2007, 08:43 PM

just to start off with since you just bought the car get a 3" pulley w/ hub and 42lb injectors and HPTuners. That will be good for at least a month lol
Old 03-24-2007, 11:45 PM

Im totally posting pics tomorrow even though it's totally stock. I love this car. I traded a lifted 5.9 ram for it. Before this i've always been into 4x4s but I think I've made a good decision. Anyways, as far as mods I do not want to void my warranty. So far I'm lookin at a gm stage 2 kit, dc exhaust, xtc front mount CAI, and a pace setter header. I'll be doing this all at the same time in may. Opinions????!!!! -Mike
Old 03-24-2007, 11:59 PM

That front mount CAI really worries me, I like the second gen Injen I just put mine on like a week ago, not too bad of an install (don't waste your time removing the bumper like it says in the instructions) and the biggest plus of all, no Check Engine lights and as long as you TAKE YOUR TIME adjusting it, the fitment is snug but perfect.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by KkAshSS
Im totally posting pics tomorrow even though it's totally stock. I love this car. I traded a lifted 5.9 ram for it. Before this i've always been into 4x4s but I think I've made a good decision. Anyways, as far as mods I do not want to void my warranty. So far I'm lookin at a gm stage 2 kit, dc exhaust, xtc front mount CAI, and a pace setter header. I'll be doing this all at the same time in may. Opinions????!!!! -Mike

dc sports exhaust is not for the ss/sc. just check out dc sports website. some ppl here are using it but for the same amount of money you could buy the gmpp that wont sound like crap

the xtc front mount intake, come on now that is about the stupidest thing i have ever seen. there is just no need for that . try the xtc intake uses the stock air box so you know the maf position is correct or save a few bucks and drop a filter into the stock box drill a lil hole in it so you can clamp on the filter and take the bottom off. roughly the same horse power gains

personally i hate pacesetter extremely cheap low quality crap. but i do here some good things about thier header. except the part where you have to cut the stock dp to put it on. because pacesetter is to cheap to spend enough time on r&d to make a 3 bolt flange that will match up. so they use the ever so cheap ball and flange setup. it works yes but not the best i for one would not cut up my stock dp to put that piece on their. personally i like the jpb and the hahn racecraft. but the xtc is'nt bad or the intense one is not bad also. im not telling you not to buy the pacesetter this is just my .02 cents
Old 03-25-2007, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out my gallery and signature for ideas. Let me know what you think

https://www.cobaltss.net/gallery/bro...3&userid=10411

All of my modifications are warrant ysafe if that helps you out any.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:51 AM

Stage 2 FTW!
I do suggest picking up a Ingalls Engine Torque Damper though, you'll need it.
GMPP Exhaust is a good choice, and I have had no problems with the Injen... I've got a link to a video of a dyno session in my signature (where it says went to the dyno)
Check that out for an example of sound, its greatness
Old 03-25-2007, 12:53 AM

gm stage II would be my first upgrade (if you want to keep warranty)2.5" pulley and 60lb injectors (if you don't care about warranty)air box mod,then gmpp touring exhaust.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:59 AM

If you go 2.5" pulley though, you are seriously going to need some supporting/cooling mods
Old 03-25-2007, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by KkAshSS
I just bought my 07 vic red 5spd ss last night! Within the next two months I wanna put some basic upgrades on it. I was looking for pulleys, exhaust, and intake. The mechanics where I work say to go exhaust, intake, then pulleys last. Any advice? Better mods? Also, how can i get rid of that pinstriping on the side? Thanks for any help! -Mike
well u could all do it at the same time but i did a torque damper first then aem intake and gm exhaust and this friday im getting my pulley installed and a custom tune. if u wana save money and get real hp numbers, go aftermarket. any gm dealership will **** you over with price and the pcm flash is garbage, friend blew his motor from running rich. but u gotta make the choice... go pretty fast and safe the warranty with GM stage II or go ******* fast with aftermarket and sacrafice the warranty
Old 03-25-2007, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Johnboy12358
If you go 2.5" pulley though, you are seriously going to need some supporting/cooling mods

Thanks for posting the dyno sheet. It gives me a good idea of where I am. Probably around 255-260 whp.

Originally Posted by kenhebe
Thanks for posting the dyno sheet. It gives me a good idea of where I am. Probably around 255-260 whp.
Where did you go to do the pull? Do they do tuning on our cars as well or did they just let you use the dyno? How much did it run you?

Last edited by kenhebe; 03-25-2007 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-25-2007, 04:12 PM

Save up your cash until TAG's twinscrew bolt-on kit comes out.....

Save money for clutch, traction modifications, H/E, axles, and whatever other supporting modifications as well to go along with that, and perhaps HPTuners.....

Presently, Im satisfied with my current setup. Something simmilar to what I currently run, along with a full exhaust perhaps, should be a good setup if you're not looking to go all out.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Johnboy12358
see sometimes i dont know , there is a guy where i live he has intenses stage 5 kit , with injen intake and magnaflow catback only HE DOGS THE **** OUT OF HIS CAR, peels out all the time , always racing , when he does race , he bangs the **** out of the rev limiter , he has NO cooling mods , NO wideband, NO aeroforce................ and he has not blown his engine
Old 03-25-2007, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by kenhebe
Where did you go to do the pull? Do they do tuning on our cars as well or did they just let you use the dyno? How much did it run you?
I got it done at a place called ATS racing up here in Denton (I think they are technically outside of denton though) Cost my $65 for three pulls w/O2. They are a MR2 shop, so they don't officially do tuning for our cars. I did ask if it would be possible to run on the dyno for a day or something to tune with my own copy of HP Tuners or something, and the guy I was talking to said that it shouldnt be a problem... Also he said that he wanted to learn the HP Tuners program as well.

In short, no they dont do tuning for us, but they said I could use their dyno for tuning.

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
see sometimes i dont know , there is a guy where i live he has intenses stage 5 kit , with injen intake and magnaflow catback only HE DOGS THE **** OUT OF HIS CAR, peels out all the time , always racing , when he does race , he bangs the **** out of the rev limiter , he has NO cooling mods , NO wideband, NO aeroforce................ and he has not blown his engine
Sounds like luck to me...
Old 03-25-2007, 05:08 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If you do go one at a time I would get the intake. I got the injen intake but the choice is pretty much up to you. You will enjoy the hell out of the supercharger whine for a while. If money is the issue or you want to save some money and still get great mods get: Injen CAI, Pacesetter header(group buy right now), keep the stock cat & "resonator", replace 2.25 section behind the resonator with 2.5" tubing and muffler part #12256. Jut my recommendations. This should keep you happy for awhile.