2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Need help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help!!!!!!!

I was wondering if you put in polyurathane tranny mount inserts on our cars, will it hurt them. I am being told that it will. I need an answer asap because i have some on the way.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2007, 05:25 PM

not to be mean but you should have looked in to that before you bought some if that is the case
Old 03-27-2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by soulonfire04
not to be mean but you should have looked in to that before you bought some if that is the case
I had them on my other car and they were fine, but now people are telling me that they will because the motor and tranny has to have movement.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:32 PM

It still has movement, your just restricting it.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:41 PM

The mounts will RESTRICT movement, not create it. It will cause the vibration of the engine to be transferred more substantially into the frame of the car and there for make it more noticeable as the driver/passenger.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:08 PM

I filled my motor and trans mounts with poloyurathane over the weekend, I'm letting it cure for a few days but I started it up last night and it is transfering a lot of vibration, I love it. It's almost like my motorcycle. I have not taken it out for a drive yet to see how it does with the wheel hop. Probobly tommorow.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:22 PM

I was thinking about doing that this weekend too, How big of a vibration does it create?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by SuperCobaltSS
I was thinking about doing that this weekend too, How big of a vibration does it create?
I've got both front and rear now, and the vibration really isn't that bad. It's barely noticable.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:15 PM

It won't hurt a thing! I've got front and rears and the vibs aren't bad at all. You just feel them a bit at idle and when your letting out the clutch.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Badassz69
I filled my motor and trans mounts with poloyurathane over the weekend, I'm letting it cure for a few days but I started it up last night and it is transfering a lot of vibration, I love it. It's almost like my motorcycle. I have not taken it out for a drive yet to see how it does with the wheel hop. Probobly tommorow.
Let me know what you think. It helped a lot with mine, and with the Ingalls I don't have any more wheel that I have seen yet.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:25 PM

Sweet!! Maybe ill do that this weekend!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
syP

they will not hurt your car..

this might sound stupid... but..

can we put a **** load of sound deadener around the mounts to perhaps reduce the vibrations?? or are they that great of a vibration that it will go right throught the sound deadener (dynomat?)
Old 05-01-2007, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by syP
they will not hurt your car..

this might sound stupid... but..

can we put a **** load of sound deadener around the mounts to perhaps reduce the vibrations?? or are they that great of a vibration that it will go right throught the sound deadener (dynomat?)
That won't do anything as the mount is still connected directly to the frame and the vibrations go straight through.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How hard are these things to put in?

Because it is on my list after some Mercury esque projectors
Old 05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
syP

very easy... if you can get ahold of a bearing press.... i did both of mine.. in and out in under 1 hours
Old 05-02-2007, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by SuperCobaltSS
The vibrations are deff notiable especially at idle. It's not too bad though you kinda get used to it. My dash was vibrating like crazy when it first started up but after the engine warmed it was fine. When you let off the gas in 5th gear and get back on it you can feel the engine kick in, feels like somebody just kicked the back of your seat. Feels good though it's like instant reaction. I'm sound dampening the whole car I got the trunk and the passanger door done so far. It' a pertty tedious process. Hey stouffer, got rid of the annoying door handle vibration from the bass when I did the door. Gonna do the drivers tonight if it does not rain. I did a little burnout in the parking lot when I got to work this morning. No wheel hop so far. Best 5 bucks and 1 hour or so I've spent so far. When I get bored I'm gonna do the other mount that is under the fuse box, didn't feel like messing with that one the other day.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Badassz69
The vibrations are deff notiable especially at idle. It's not too bad though you kinda get used to it. My dash was vibrating like crazy when it first started up but after the engine warmed it was fine. When you let off the gas in 5th gear and get back on it you can feel the engine kick in, feels like somebody just kicked the back of your seat. Feels good though it's like instant reaction. I'm sound dampening the whole car I got the trunk and the passanger door done so far. It' a pertty tedious process. Hey stouffer, got rid of the annoying door handle vibration from the bass when I did the door. Gonna do the drivers tonight if it does not rain. I did a little burnout in the parking lot when I got to work this morning. No wheel hop so far. Best 5 bucks and 1 hour or so I've spent so far. When I get bored I'm gonna do the other mount that is under the fuse box, didn't feel like messing with that one the other day.
Hey, I've got that annoying outer door handle vibration due to the bass on my car...how did you get rid of it again? Thanks in advance
Old 05-02-2007, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by JiggaChillan
Hey, I've got that annoying outer door handle vibration due to the bass on my car...how did you get rid of it again? Thanks in advance
I put sound dampening material on as much of the door panel as I could without messing up the operation of the window motor and regulator of course. I took pictures to post up but they did not come out right since I was doing it in the dark. I'll try to do it earlier in the day when I do the the drivers door and get better shots. But the sound dampening material just keeps all the vibrations from transfering to everything. It was funny when I took the door panel off I notice GM had but some sort of sound damping stuff on the door skin, it was like a 4 X 4 inch piece. I was like you got to be kidding me. If you look at my pics on here I have a good shot of what the trunk looks like done. It's the same just that it is behind the door panel.

Originally Posted by Stouffer
Let me know what you think. It helped a lot with mine, and with the Ingalls I don't have any more wheel that I have seen yet.
Just took out for lunch and it launches great, no wheel hope at all and I smoked them through all of first gear and chirped broke loose for about 2 grand rpms in second. I didn't notice the horrible torque steer either. Cant wait to get to a red light on the way home and really get on it. Parking lot not big enough. I may have to go to MIR soon and see what kinda numbers I can put down now that I don't have to worry about breaking my axle from the horrible wheel hop it had before.

Last edited by Badassz69; 05-02-2007 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-02-2007, 05:00 PM

No I haven't messed with the door handles vibrating yet. Been too busy to even get my car back to the dealership to get my driver side weather striping replaced and argue some more about the intake manifold gasket. But, yeah spending 5-8 dollars at home depot compared to a couple hundred for mounts, well worth the time it takes to just fil the mounts. Did you do the uppper main mount on the left side of the engine as well or just the two below?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stouffer
No I haven't messed with the door handles vibrating yet. Been too busy to even get my car back to the dealership to get my driver side weather striping replaced and argue some more about the intake manifold gasket. But, yeah spending 5-8 dollars at home depot compared to a couple hundred for mounts, well worth the time it takes to just fil the mounts. Did you do the uppper main mount on the left side of the engine as well or just the two below?
I did the main motor mount on the pass side of the engine and the two lower trans mounts. the only one I have not done is the one under the fuse box. I was trying to get it wheel hop on the way home and I could not get it to do it so this is def my best mod so far. Thanks for letting me know about it. Vibration is taking a little to get used to cause it is noticable cause I really packed the poly in so it's really stiff but overall it's not much different then my 85 camaro I had. Want to go faster, there are always compromises. Just like the sound damping I'm using. It's kinda heavy, by the time I have the car done it will add an extra 50 lb's or so but I rather have no rattles.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can u put say only a front tranny polyurethane mount on and keep the rear one stock? or will that not do anything?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Coblt ss super
can u put say only a front tranny polyurethane mount on and keep the rear one stock? or will that not do anything?
I'm not sure overall how much it will help, but I believe every little bit helps so it can't hurt. Are you replacing the mount or filling it with polyurathane like I did. Honestly I was thinking about going with new mounts but stouffer told me what he did at our car meet and I figured I might as well try it cause if it didn't work it really would not damage anything and I would get new mounts anyways. But now that I have done it it works great. I think if the vibrations were much worse I would not like it but at this point it's a great compromise then braking an axle. I drive my car hard so a little driver discomfort is worth it. After all if I wanted comfort I would drive a caddi. There is a how to in the how to section of what to do. It's pretty cut and dry. I was thinking of doing one myself with pictures before and after but I didn't want to step on anyones toes. I could still do pics of the after.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:06 AM

Here are my pictures of before and after the r-blox sound dampening install. That little piece of of sound damping on the inside door skin is GM's attempt at noise control.

And are the pictures of my motor mount filled with polyurathane. I still need to clean them up and paint them now that they have had a chance to cure.