2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Need help before install

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help before install

ok so im getting the ottp pcm stage but what about the zzp stage kit most of the questions are about pcm tuneing since i bought everything for the tunes but just need to know if its worth getting

is boost reductions in first worth it?

or would it be better to just have tc disabled

now whats a good rev limit 6800 7200 or 7400

will a torqre damper be better then polly trany mounts and are the polly better then the sold steel ones

now i got the zzp h/e do i replace the stock one or the zzp infront of the stock one

with the ottp kit with the torqre damper will i need a new clutch

for my pcm tune im going to send it first so the timing is perf and is plug and play

now if i get it tuned from ottp and heres the deal i can do the injectors and everything else but the pulley

so my question with just the 60lbs injectors will my car make it a few miles with the stock pulley

Last edited by Winkdogydog101; 08-10-2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Winkdogydog101
ok so im getting the ottp pcm stage but what about the zzp stage kit most of the questions are about pcm tuneing since i bought everything for the tunes but just need to know if its worth getting

is boost reductions in first worth it?

or would it be better to just have tc disabled
Reduce the boost. I have a tvs so i got more power but i have between idle and 4000rpm set to 75% boost. Between 4000 - 5000rpm it works up to 100%. 5000rpm and on is all 100% boost. Helps u launch without spinning the **** out of your tires

now whats a good rev limit 6800 7200 or 7400
7200 is a good spot for the rev limit...shift at 7000rpm is good. Less chance something could break

will a torqre damper be better then polly trany mounts and are the polly better then the sold steel ones
i never had poly mounts. But i had the TD installed by itself, was good on the street but still got wheel hop at the track. then bought the TTR Solid Engine Mount, pretty much the same thing, Then had the engine mount with stage 2 rotated mounts...good traction but way to much vibs. Sold the engine mount and now im running the TD with stage 2 rotated mounts...works amazing...little vibs.

now i got the zzp h/e do i replace the stock one or the zzp infront of the stock one
people have different opnions about this. I personally thinks its best to run the aftermarket heat exchanger in front of the stock one. Have the lines so the coolant flows through the stock heat exchanger and then the aftermarket one.

with the ottp kit with the torqre damper will i need a new clutch
depends how u drive....but im going to say no. I have the mods in my sig. My car is at 85,000km...this car was my first car and first time driving a standard so i burned the clutch abit learning how to drive it....clutch is holding up great.

for my pcm tune im going to send it first so the timing is perf and is plug and play
now if i get it tuned from ottp and heres the deal i can do the injectors and everything else but the pulley

so my question with just the 60lbs injectors will my car make it a few miles with the stock pulley So u want to install/tune the injectors with the stock pulley...drive it and then later on put a new pulley on? The answer is yes...as long as the tune is set up that way...you can pretty much do anything (well not ANYTHING) but do alot by just changing the tune. However if u tune the car to run 60lb injectors and stock pulley, once u put the new pulley on u will need a new tune.
Hope that answers your questions....correct me if im wrong people..lol.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:52 PM

agreed with the TD, keep the zzp in front of your stock and run both like he said, my clutch was fine and like he said its all how u drive it. and the plug and play is a yes, but youll need a case relearn, dont forget that!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:27 AM

ok got a question is the ls4 tb worth getting on the car before the tune also no i want to know if the stock pulley would work for like a few miles till i got the a mech place. also how long does it take for the ottp pcm if you ship first for them to tune and ship it back to you. thanks for the help guys

o one more thing if i get the pcm programed for a header and downpipe and i dont have them will it mess up anything. or will it run fine till i get them

Last edited by Winkdogydog101; 08-11-2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2009, 01:33 AM

ok got a question is the ls4 tb worth getting on the car before the tune also no i want to know if the stock pulley would work for like a few miles till i got the a mech place. also how long does it take for the ottp pcm if you ship first for them to tune and ship it back to you. thanks for the help guys

o one more thing if i get the pcm programed for a header and downpipe and i dont have them will it mess up anything. or will it run fine till i get them
The LS4 throttle body makes your throttle real touchy (or so I've heard). If you drive the car daily I wouldn't recommend it but ultimately, its up to you.

Yes, you will make it a few miles to a shop with the OTTP tune and a stock pulley...just don't beat on the car.

OTTP ships the tuned PCM and kit the same day they receive it from you and you should receive the package in about 3 business days.

The PCM doesn't need to be tuned for a header and downpipe. People use the upgraded parts to allow them to tune more aggressively but the actual parts do not affect the tune what-so-ever. So yes, you can get a slightly more aggressive tune before replacing the header and downpipe and keep that same tune after installing them.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OriGinaL Condo
The LS4 throttle body makes your throttle real touchy (or so I've heard). If you drive the car daily I wouldn't recommend it but ultimately, its up to you.

Yes, you will make it a few miles to a shop with the OTTP tune and a stock pulley...just don't beat on the car.

OTTP ships the tuned PCM and kit the same day they receive it from you and you should receive the package in about 3 business days.

The PCM doesn't need to be tuned for a header and downpipe. People use the upgraded parts to allow them to tune more aggressively but the actual parts do not affect the tune what-so-ever. So yes, you can get a slightly more aggressive tune before replacing the header and downpipe and keep that same tune after installing them.

correct about the ls4 however u r somewhat wrong about the header/downpipe. I guess it depends what mod u have and what u tune for. I had everything in my sig tuned really good before i got my head, 3" downpipe and 3" exhaust. my AFR was 11.9 before installing header, dp and exhaust...once i installed it my AFR dropped to 10.5 and my trim went to 25%...which caused my mpg to drop alot...was using up ALOT of gas cuz the tune was out of wack. Fixed the tune and everything is good again. Like i said it depends what mods u have already and what size pipes u r installing. But even if u run ottp's stage 1...and have your injectors and pulley. Its better to get re-tuned AFTER the header, dp and exhaust just to fix any little issues...sometimes u wont notice it but the trimming will be off.. u want the trim to be as close to 0% as possible...in other words the car wants to stay around 14.7AFR...it adds or takes away fuel to stay around that number....if u dont tune your trim % will increase and your mpg will go down. Mine went from 5% to 25% after i installed my header,dp and exhaust then after the tune we got it to 0.8R%.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:19 AM

so should i get it tuned for it and then install i really dont want to pay to have it tuned twice when it will put a header and downpipe on after

wait if i ship my pcm first it wont be plug and play? thats wat the web site says if they ship first then i will need the case relearn right?

also is tc disabled make my car lanch faster

also is tc disabled make my car lanch faster

Last edited by Winkdogydog101; 08-11-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

im not sure on how ottp does it with sending the pcm for tuning....i just got a local tuner to do my car. But if u pm josh or anyone else from ottp they can answer your question. What size downpipe are u getting? 2.5? if its a 2.5 then the tune wont get too messed up...trimming might be abit off but not much. By "tc" im assuming u mean traction control? u were saying u want a smaller pulley so that leads me to suggest u have a ss/sc.....the ss/sc dpmt have traction control like the ss/tc do. For better launches just get the boost reduced to whatever u want, its something u have to play around with to find out what u want. if u r just going to go with Ottp stag1, header, downpipe u will make a decent amount of horsepower but not enough to really reduce boost alot in 1st gear. As where im making 300+whp...with my boost in first gear reduced to 75% i can still spin my tires if i dont learn how to launch right.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:31 AM

ok sounds good another thing if i install a extra h/e will it throw the car off or be just fine. also can any antifreeze work in there or does it have to be special any special ratios that i need to know about thanks for the help guys

O shoot also got a question about ac is your guys fans really weak. mine on 4 is prolly like everyones 1-2 maybe its really weak super cold just really weak wondering how to fix? maybe the belt is loose? what else could this be anyones help would be cool i live in az and this problem has made me really hate the damn car

also do i have to drain the h/e stock one before putting on the new one in front of the old second is there a thread on how to install one

Last edited by Winkdogydog101; 08-12-2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-12-2009, 12:48 AM

If you have still run the stock blower, leave the boost alone. Learn to use your right foot to control the spin.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 AM

with 17-18 lbs boost i still dont need boost reduction?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes709
correct about the ls4 however u r somewhat wrong about the header/downpipe. I guess it depends what mod u have and what u tune for. I had everything in my sig tuned really good before i got my head, 3" downpipe and 3" exhaust. my AFR was 11.9 before installing header, dp and exhaust...once i installed it my AFR dropped to 10.5 and my trim went to 25%...which caused my mpg to drop alot...was using up ALOT of gas cuz the tune was out of wack. Fixed the tune and everything is good again. Like i said it depends what mods u have already and what size pipes u r installing. But even if u run ottp's stage 1...and have your injectors and pulley. Its better to get re-tuned AFTER the header, dp and exhaust just to fix any little issues...sometimes u wont notice it but the trimming will be off.. u want the trim to be as close to 0% as possible...in other words the car wants to stay around 14.7AFR...it adds or takes away fuel to stay around that number....if u dont tune your trim % will increase and your mpg will go down. Mine went from 5% to 25% after i installed my header,dp and exhaust then after the tune we got it to 0.8R%.
But his question wasn't about adding things after being tuned. His question was can he tune FOR a header/dpipe and then put them on after. The answer is, yes, he can. He won't make the same power or get the same fuel economy until he upgrades but he can run it until he does upgrade.

so should i get it tuned for it and then install i really dont want to pay to have it tuned twice when it will put a header and downpipe on after

wait if i ship my pcm first it wont be plug and play? thats wat the web site says if they ship first then i will need the case relearn right?
What should you do? The way to get the best tune is to tune after the mods. However, if you don't want to tune twice, you can tune for the header/dpipe if you plan on upgrading in the near future and then just install and go.

Also yes, if you ship your PCM first it will be plug and play when you get it back.

ok sounds good another thing if i install a extra h/e will it throw the car off or be just fine. also can any antifreeze work in there or does it have to be special any special ratios that i need to know about thanks for the help guys

O shoot also got a question about ac is your guys fans really weak. mine on 4 is prolly like everyones 1-2 maybe its really weak super cold just really weak wondering how to fix? maybe the belt is loose? what else could this be anyones help would be cool i live in az and this problem has made me really hate the damn car

also do i have to drain the h/e stock one before putting on the new one in front of the old second is there a thread on how to install one
No a new h/e won't mess up the tune. Just make sure you add more fluid to the system (ask the manufacturer of the h/e about how much to add...most are different sizes).

Our car's AC are weak in general so I'm not sure if yours is even weaker or just like everyone elses.

There is a how-to section which contains a few about installing a new h/e. I'd look for you but I'm about to get to bed.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 AM

dude thanks for the help what will mess up with the car in the far future if i run the tune with the header downpipe too rich to lean
Old 08-12-2009, 02:32 PM

ok also i see stuff on supercharger oil wtf is up with that ive never changed it when do you change it and does it burn the oil do you need refill and when just wondering need this one ansered asap please pm me