2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help

Okay so I already have searched the threads on what to do next. I just would like to get a little more input from you all.

Mods now:
GMPP Performance exhaust
AEM CAI intake
Ingalls torqe damper

Now I still have warranty for a year so major stuff I don't want to do until that is up.

I want a faster car with keeping the stock supercharger.

For my next mod I was thinking on doing a header/dp combo. Right now I'm thinking zzp midlength because of price point and reliability. Now I was also considering going catless. Has anyone done that? And how loud is it? I would like the extra performance but not if i'm going to get pulled over for noise. lol. Also considering other inputs on a header/dp combo.

After that, once warranty is up, I am thinking about doing the zzp stage 3 kit. I would run a 2.8 and get the S3 h/e. Was wondering what I should do for option 1: Oversized tensioner pully, shorter belt, or zzp adjustable tensioner?

Then maybe a custom tune? Would it be worth it or is the tune in the stage 3 kit fine?

Is there anything I should do before one of these or something I could add on top?

Any input helps. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:53 PM

umm yeah the stage kits will be the biggest noticeable difference you will ever notice. i got a ottp stage 2 kit with 60s and with a heat exchanger and custom tune. its a huge difference. there stage 2 is about the same as zzp stage 3 kit.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Black2.0
umm yeah the stage kits will be the biggest noticeable difference you will ever notice. i got a ottp stage 2 kit with 60s and with a heat exchanger and custom tune. its a huge difference. there stage 2 is about the same as zzp stage 3 kit.
So to me difference between the two are zzp s3 h/e is better. I also see ottp increases rev limiter and takes off torque management. Does zzp do these too? Or no?

Also do you think I should do the Headers first or the kit?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:15 PM

Get a header/dp combo then the stage kit ... go with shorter belt .. and yes get a custom tune it will be worth it
Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM

agreed ^
Old 06-29-2010, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by ziggity
Get a header/dp combo then the stage kit ... go with shorter belt .. and yes get a custom tune it will be worth it
Shorter than 2.8?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:52 AM

2.8 is the diameter of the pulley. not the belt. get the gm stage 2 belt. its shorter than the stock one.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by 07Slobalt_1
2.8 is the diameter of the pulley. not the belt. get the gm stage 2 belt. its shorter than the stock one.
ehh.. no point in getting a shorter belt by its self if that's what you guys are trying to say. I say get a stage kit then get the header dp combo and then a custom tune.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by JMac
So to me difference between the two are zzp s3 h/e is better. I also see ottp increases rev limiter and takes off torque management. Does zzp do these too? Or no?

Also do you think I should do the Headers first or the kit?
the zzp h.e is better to some. in my opinion they are better for two different reasons. zzp cools a little better but is a flimsy piece of **** and ottp doesn't cool as well (not sure on numbers but i dont think there big in difference) but could probably get ran over by a bus and work perfectly (not literally just trying to get my point across). there both great just whatever u prefer. I prefer working with 2 brothers who i have ment personally who live 1 hour from me over zzps massive company...