2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Observations of smaller pulleys per me

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 01:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkey
i beleive a header downpipe and exaust is a better way to go first. you need to get the thing to breath to drop the egt's. that right there can open up 15+hp, as well as stopping knock from smaller than stage 2 pulleys. also the cobra heat exchanger would be the next thing on the list and does help drasticly.

with meth to get the true benifit of it, you need to tune, mainly advancing the timing. the downside to this is if you run out of meth and dont know it, you run in to a dangerous situation, creating lots of knock.
I completely disagree. 15hp isn't going to be worth the 1K dollars spent on intake/headers/exhaust. Cooling mods should be a first cause they really do unlock the potential of the m62 on our cars. Then I'd say injectors/pulley and then I/H/E. Tuning of course along the way everytime you add something new.

Originally Posted by EceSSiveMod
2.9 on stage 2 will not slow you down compared to just stage 2
it will if you are getting lots of knock.

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
What is the mixture in our intercooler's? All coolant or 50/50 mix?
should be 50/50

Last edited by ralliartist; 03-04-2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-04-2008, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what would get you knock
Old 03-04-2008, 01:45 AM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliartist
I completely disagree. 15hp isn't going to be worth the 1K dollars spent on intake/headers/exhaust. Cooling mods should be a first cause they really do unlock the potential of the m62 on our cars. Then I'd say injectors/pulley and then I/H/E. Tuning of course along the way everytime you add something new.

to me, depending on how far you want to go wit hthe car, stage 2 is were to start. from there, heat exchanger or exaust, wichever. imho, both should be done before dropping to a smaller than stage 2 pulley. not only is important to drop change temps to prevent detonation, its also important to drop the egt's, as too high an egt will start melting stuff. and the best way to start lowering egt's, start with the restrictive exaust. and yes i do know meth will also drop egt's aswell, however a restrictive exaust will get exponentially more of a restriction with the more mods you do.

to add to that, an exaust doesnt have to cost $1k. get a header, if you want a cat get a high flow, choose a resonator and muffler and take it to a reputable exaust shop that does mandrel bending and have them build an exaust. you can get away well under a grand this way. if you wanted to do it cheaper, header and downpipe, get the section replaced were it necks down going to the muffler. this will help out as those are the 2 most restrictive spots on the stock exaust
Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EceSSiveMod
what would get you knock
heat
Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Banned

Damn Heaton Roots!

For those who diss meth injection because quote: "You have to tune to get a benifit" unqote.
Thats funny. Yes tuning to advance the timing to get more power can be done but as said if you run out of meth your cars still runs the agressive tune and you can't cool it.

This is true but there is still plenty of benifits of not tuning and practically no draw backs.
Your IAT2 drops 30 to 40 degrees and the Eaton stays cool to the touch after consecutive runs.
Your engine runs cooler by about 25 to 30 degrees.
You boost an extra pound or so due to the increse in cool air.
Your octane rating goes way up into the 107 to 112 area.
It cleans your Eaton case and rotors and spark plugs and pistons. Makes them look like they've never been touched.
Due to the flash point of water and the science of how it works the steam created causes you to increase about 4 to 7 pounds of torque.
And if you run out since it's not tuned for agressive timing it's no diffrent than running a smaller pulley now. And since it dosen't knock on normal driving you're fine untill you refill.
To refill cost a 2 dollar bottle of windshield wiper and a bottle of heet. 5 bucks tops every 2 to 3 months if you don't run the car ragged every day.

I really wish I had the money to get it right now.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Werewolf SS
Damn Heaton Roots!

For those who diss meth injection because quote: "You have to tune to get a benifit" unqote.
Thats funny. Yes tuning to advance the timing to get more power can be done but as said if you run out of meth your cars still runs the agressive tune and you can't cool it.

This is true but there is still plenty of benifits of not tuning and practically no draw backs.
Your IAT2 drops 30 to 40 degrees and the Eaton stays cool to the touch after consecutive runs.
Your engine runs cooler by about 25 to 30 degrees.
You boost an extra pound or so due to the increse in cool air.
Your octane rating goes way up into the 107 to 112 area.
It cleans your Eaton case and rotors and spark plugs and pistons. Makes them look like they've never been touched.
Due to the flash point of water and the science of how it works the steam created causes you to increase about 4 to 7 pounds of torque.
And if you run out since it's not tuned for agressive timing it's no diffrent than running a smaller pulley now. And since it dosen't knock on normal driving you're fine untill you refill.
To refill cost a 2 dollar bottle of windshield wiper and a bottle of heet. 5 bucks tops every 2 to 3 months if you don't run the car ragged every day.

I really wish I had the money to get it right now.
Agreed, I have it with no tune and my car runs so much stronger on the 2.8. I love it and i think its the best mod for the money by far imo. I can literally touch the sc after a couple runs and its cold and the T.B will be freezing cold. Damn you werewolf, I bought it after you started that thread about it.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by invisible
Damn you werewolf, I bought it after you started that thread about it.
Yep I started that thread and I still don't have the money for one .
If I get a bunch of people to say they bought one after I started that thread and have been reppin it one of the companies will let me have one for giving them support?