2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ott performance.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ott performance.

Has anyone ordered the heat exchanger kit from ottperformance.com

http://ottperformance.com/product_in...products_id=30

I am wondering if its a good, reliable kit, that comes with everything I will need to have it installed. Thanks guys.

Also, is ottperformance.com a reliable website? I don't see them on our vendor list, and I am a little worried.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why dont you PM Ralliartist he has a lot of good information on H/E installs...
Old 06-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Banned

its a great kit man worth every penny. i ordered a meth kit from them and it only took a few days 2 get 2 my doorstep. Fast98 is his name on here. he's very business like and i will definelty buy from him again. the install is very easy just take ur time. It comes with everyhting u need to mount it
Old 06-22-2008, 03:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
it's a bit overpriced compared to the ones on ebay, it does come with brackets and hoses but you can get those for around 20 bucks at a hardware store. All you need are two L brackets, 6ft of 3/4 ID heater hose, and some bolts or screws, and you can have a complete kit like that for around 200.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Banned

Nice man. Yea, I am having Illinois Dyno Center, idc in port byron illinois do the install. They are doing A LOT of work for me. I have a broken back so obviously I can't do the work now, I am still recovering.

Just wanted to make sure they were legit, and I didn't realize he was a vendor here. Either way, thanks and I will be ordering this kit later on tonight.

Another question I have is for crateenginedepot. Do they have there items in stock, and are they a store? There address on there website is in arlington heights which is 3 hrs away tops from me lol.

Just curious if ced has there items in stock, because if so, i would have my dual pass end plate with option b, here VERY quickly lol. Thanks guys.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zach06CobaltSC
Nice man. Yea, I am having Illinois Dyno Center, idc in port byron illinois do the install. They are doing A LOT of work for me. I have a broken back so obviously I can't do the work now, I am still recovering.

Just wanted to make sure they were legit, and I didn't realize he was a vendor here. Either way, thanks and I will be ordering this kit later on tonight.

Another question I have is for crateenginedepot. Do they have there items in stock, and are they a store? There address on there website is in arlington heights which is 3 hrs away tops from me lol.

Just curious if ced has there items in stock, because if so, i would have my dual pass end plate with option b, here VERY quickly lol. Thanks guys.
they should i live 40 minutes from them and i have ordered a few thing from them and they ship very very fast also.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Banned

Hockeyman - you make a very valid point. However with where I live, it takes me roughly an hour to drive round trip to a hardware store, to grab stuff, and with the shape my back is in, it sometimes just "hurts" to much to go from place to place to get what I need. So with the price of gas, and with the "pain", it really might just be easier to spend the extra 75 bucks and shipping which i think is 21 dollars, to get the whole kit to my place.

Thanks again guys, and let me know about ced please.

Altiery54 - great, thanks man. Do you know if they have an actual store that you can walk into? Because if so, I will just run up there on monday and pickup the parts lol. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 06-22-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zach06CobaltSC
Hockeyman - you make a very valid point. However with where I live, it takes me roughly an hour to drive round trip to a hardware store, to grab stuff, and with the shape my back is in, it sometimes just "hurts" to much to go from place to place to get what I need. So with the price of gas, and with the "pain", it really might just be easier to spend the extra 75 bucks and shipping which i think is 21 dollars, to get the whole kit to my place.

Thanks again guys, and let me know about ced please.

Altiery54 - great, thanks man. Do you know if they have an actual store that you can walk into? Because if so, I will just run up there on monday and pickup the parts lol. Thanks again for the help.
u know what i think they do. i buddy of mine went up there and bought an exhaust. i would call 2 make sure 1st though
Old 06-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Hockeyman
it's a bit overpriced compared to the ones on ebay, it does come with brackets and hoses but you can get those for around 20 bucks at a hardware store. All you need are two L brackets, 6ft of 3/4 ID heater hose, and some bolts or screws, and you can have a complete kit like that for around 200.

I would like to see what the brackets look like that you guys are putting on your car? This kit also comes with 10 feet of hose just in case and also use's stainless allen head screws and stainless hose clamps. If I sold this kit for 250 I would loose money(I did sell a few for that price). That should tell you how much the brackets and stainless hardware are worth.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

Nice. I am ordering the kit now. If you have time, please stay on to confirm that you have received the order and everything goes through fine. I would really appreciate that.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:58 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by fast98
I would like to see what the brackets look like that you guys are putting on your car? This kit also comes with 10 feet of hose just in case and also use's stainless allen head screws and stainless hose clamps. If I sold this kit for 250 I would loose money(I did sell a few for that price). That should tell you how much the brackets and stainless hardware are worth.
Well, people buying thier car parts from home depot don't understand the cost of stainless clamps and hardware, nor the effort that goes into making nice aluminum brackets. Some pay for quality, some pay to do it over again in the future. Depends what you are used to.

I have to say, all of your stuff looks good to me
Old 06-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Banned

The kit sounds great and I will be purchasing it monday. I forgot the banks are closed and I need to add a little money into my account, go figure. I will be purchasing this monday morning, so hopefully it can still be shipped out sometime monday. Thanks for your time I really appreciate it.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by fast98
The brackets I used are just cheap metal 4 inch by 4 inch L brackets. They were around $4 each. You can't see the brackets when installed, so I don't really understand why fancy brackets have to be used. Sure, they are more durable and less prone to break, but I doubt mine will break as they are pretty wide and secure. I only used 4ft of heater hose in my whole install, and the outlets on my h/e are one on either side, not two on one side. I'm not trying to put you down at all, I respect you being a vendor and selling these kits, that's awesome. It's just that I try to save money wherever I can, and went the cheap route, even if the mounting I used breaks in the future, all I need to to is take off my bumper and spend 8 bucks for more brackets. If a person is not going to personally install their own, I can see your kit being very useful so the install shop doesn't have to modify anything.