2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

places to buy tsudo exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
places to buy tsudo exhaust?

I ordered a tsudo catback off of neverenoughauto.com but they called me today to tell me it's backordered. now I'm sure anyone else who will have it will probably be backordered also; however, figured it's still worth a shot. does anyone know of any other websites that carry the tsudo catback for the cobalt? thanks

bump

Last edited by boostaddict; 07-22-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Otherwise a though would be to get a magnaflow (USA made), tsudo is china stuff...
Old 07-22-2008, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Otherwise a though would be to get a magnaflow (USA made), tsudo is china stuff...
Probably because it's only 250 bucks...dude just google "tsudo" "n1" "cobalt" and you'll find something...but I agree with TTR...it's going to be junky like the megan.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by theneelster
Probably because it's only 250 bucks...dude just google "tsudo" "n1" "cobalt" and you'll find something...but I agree with TTR...it's going to be junky like the megan.
Junky like the Megan? And why is that? Love the know your views as to what makes the Megan junky.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:34 AM

um from what I understand it's actually decent.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 AM

It is a very good exhaust. Only thing I have found is its a little loud, even with the stock dp/cat. So Im wondering how loud its gonna be when I go with a catless dp. Quality is top notch, fits perfect and the welds look good. Since Im a welder (going on 12yrs now) when I by somthing that has been welded I pay close attention to how well it has been welded. So I guess "theneelster" has no clue what hes talking about.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tsudo isn't a "Cheep" exhaust. Its quilty is right up to par with all the others out for our car. Sounds great.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by 06SS/SC STAGE2
It is a very good exhaust. Only thing I have found is its a little loud, even with the stock dp/cat. So Im wondering how loud its gonna be when I go with a catless dp. Quality is top notch, fits perfect and the welds look good. Since Im a welder (going on 12yrs now) when I by somthing that has been welded I pay close attention to how well it has been welded. So I guess "theneelster" has no clue what hes talking about.

Actually Megan is crap. Being in the EVO and import world you get more of a sense for this stuff. I once thought megan was quality for the same reasons as you. Its not, its some of the lowest of low quality, its cheap for a reason. If you get into other circles you will hear the same things. The people that back the megan for the imports dont sepend money or have the money to spend on the quality parts, that is ok. But all in all megan is not very good stuff, it will get worse and worse the longer its on your car. I have seen some guys with megan manifolds come in, on thier evo's and the material was crakcing, no not neccessarily at the welds, but in other places and very very discolored, not from heat either, rot and rust is more like it, which means very low grade stainless steel. You might have had good luck with them but they are not quality parts

Tsudo on the other hand is quality stuff. I used it way back when on some of my first cars and I have more and more people asking for it now. They do have a good rep of useing quality materials and making very long lasting products. They are hard to come buy because not everyone carries them, and some dont even know they exsist

06SS/SC RE READ, YOU APPARENTLY MISSED SOME WORDS. I WASNT REFERING ANY WHERE SPECIFICALLY TO WELDS, IT WAS THE MATERIAL.

Last edited by BOOSSTED 06; 07-23-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:22 PM

Why, specifics. Because you say it is. OK. Because the Ricers say it is OK. I would call it crap if the welds were ****, or cracking. Mufflers falling apart or stainless piping rusting. BUT since non of which are happening I say its quality.
Oh and since I am a professional welder, been doing it for a long time and build/weld far more important parts and components than exhausts. (aerospace, military ****) I know the difference between a good weld and a bad one. NON of the welds on my Megan system are bad. And it not called Rot, its called porosity. Material wasnt cleaned, weld puddle wasnt contaminate free, or any number of other things will cause a bad weld. Now that happening is not an excuse for a faulty weld or part, and the welder should know that. There my .02.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:10 PM

Why, specifics. Because you say it is. OK. Because the Ricers say it is OK. I would call it crap if the welds were ****, or cracking. Mufflers falling apart or stainless piping rusting. BUT since non of which are happening I say its quality.
Oh and since I am a professional welder, been doing it for a long time and build/weld far more important parts and components than exhausts. (aerospace, military ****) I know the difference between a good weld and a bad one. NON of the welds on my Megan system are bad. And it not called Rot, its called porosity. Material wasnt cleaned, weld puddle wasnt contaminate free, or any number of other things will cause a bad weld. Now that happening is not an excuse for a faulty weld or part, and the welder should know that. There my .02.
Hey mr smarty pants. I didnt say anything about the welds rotting. READING>you

I said the material rotted. They use cheap low grade stainless, and yes it does rust, then continue to rot and crack. I didnt say the welds were doing it. But you are a profesional welder, YAY for you.

i also never said I heard things, this is my experience with my customers and products ive used.

YOU BOUGHT CHEAP **** AND YOU CANT COME TO TERMS WITH THAT.

Its ok I understand. Yes the welds look pretty, but a pretty weld doesnt always mean there was full *********** or the material was prepped correctly and it will last a long time. Stop acting like you have experience with tons of MEGAN products. YOU HAVE ONE EXHAUST

I have been dealing with megan for a while and seeing the crap they make. Manifolds, downpipes, coilovers. None of it is anywhere near top notch.

Go back and read my posts again, I never said antyhign bad about the welds, because with out x-ray testing them, I couldnt tell you if there good. Even if they look pretty on the outside, mr welder

And yes in a weld it is porosity but again, i didnt refer to a weld when i used the word rot. You are digging to try and make your point and it doesnt work

Sorry Im being an ass but the fact that yoru only argument has been, IM A WELDER, HAVE BEEN FOR A LONG TIME, AND I HAVE OWNED ONE MEGAN RACING PRODUCT. Just doesnt fly with me. I understand you know you profession, but I spoke nothing about the welds being crap. like I said without x-ray testing them, you will never know if they are truely as good as you think. A pretty weld isnt always the most functional weld. Thats all im trying to say. Plus I have seen hundreds of people come through with megan products at the shops I worked at in the past and now own.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:28 AM

Well just so you know and can tell your Customers. 304 SS is crap. Its not as bad as 409 (even worse) but still crap. Most places weather building exhaust systems or fabing other parts use 304 cause its it can be polished easier and lasts longer than 409. Now go with a 200 series of SS and you will have some good stuff. But wont be able to afford it. Between all of them it has to do with the amount of carbon that was added to the SS. Most stock systems I have seen have been 409, and develop surface rust on it in no time, and YES I have seen 304 do the same. But unless Megan and others out there are gonna start using high grades SS then this is what we ALL have to deal with.
The problem I had with your post's is that you made a general statment. Like most do in here about ZZP and ther issue with there DP's. I have not yet owned a zzp dp, and have heard on hear about issues of welds cracking or fully breaking. And then everyone jumping on a band wagon of ZZP's stuff is crap. Same can be said about what you have to say with Megan. Now if an issue has been fixed than why still say its crap.
Oh and as far as I BOUGHT CHEAP **** AND CAN COME TO TERMS WITH IT, Yeah ok. Its an exhaust. Its an exhaust, it very well could have been made out of 409 aand had developed surface rust by now, I wouldnt have cared. So long as it does what it was ment to do Im good with it. I could care less How Well Polished it was. No one is gonna be crawling around under my car saying "wow what a pretty exhaust". Who gives a ****. So long as the exhaust gases go out the back and the system does its job Im good. Mine Megan has been on my balt for a year now and I have no problems with it, and Im sure if I due it will be an easy fix, for me that is.
You and your customers have great day.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:37 AM

Well just so you know and can tell your Customers. 304 SS is crap. Its not as bad as 409 (even worse) but still crap. Most places weather building exhaust systems or fabing other parts use 304 cause its it can be polished easier and lasts longer than 409. Now go with a 200 series of SS and you will have some good stuff. But wont be able to afford it. Between all of them it has to do with the amount of carbon that was added to the SS. Most stock systems I have seen have been 409, and develop surface rust on it in no time, and YES I have seen 304 do the same. But unless Megan and others out there are gonna start using high grades SS then this is what we ALL have to deal with.
The problem I had with your post's is that you made a general statment. Like most do in here about ZZP and ther issue with there DP's. I have not yet owned a zzp dp, and have heard on hear about issues of welds cracking or fully breaking. And then everyone jumping on a band wagon of ZZP's stuff is crap. Same can be said about what you have to say with Megan. Now if an issue has been fixed than why still say its crap.
Oh and as far as I BOUGHT CHEAP **** AND CAN COME TO TERMS WITH IT, Yeah ok. Its an exhaust. Its an exhaust, it very well could have been made out of 409 aand had developed surface rust by now, I wouldnt have cared. So long as it does what it was ment to do Im good with it. I could care less How Well Polished it was. No one is gonna be crawling around under my car saying "wow what a pretty exhaust". Who gives a ****. So long as the exhaust gases go out the back and the system does its job Im good. Mine Megan has been on my balt for a year now and I have no problems with it, and Im sure if I due it will be an easy fix, for me that is.
You and your customers have great day.
Again you are the one making general statements. I have worked with MEGAN for a while. I have experience with thier products and I know that they are not top quality. You keep saying that my statements are general they arent. I said that I have seen manifolds and exhausts in bad shape from megan. Im sorry I dont take pictures of every customers damaged goods and post them. My statements are not on heresay either, this is from experience. Stop acting like Im making statements without haveing experience. Go ahead and search around for evo and other imports that use JDM and the majority will say MEGAN is horrible from thier experiences. Megan is cheap for a reason.

I use nothing but 316Ti in all of my stainless products. Im sure you have had experience with that, its a 316 capable of high heat. 2000F to be exact. Yeah it costs more, but the finished product will outlast just about any other one out there and still look good.

As for someone getting under your car and checking out your exhaust, thats not what I said ever, please dont put words in my mouth. You stated "I LOOKED AT THE WELDS AND THEY ARE GOOD WELDS". So basically what your saying is by looking at them on the exterior of the pipe you can tell its a good weld. WRONG! Yes it might be a good indication but again unless you do a true X-RAY test or see each weld inside and outside the pipe, you dont really know if they are good persay. Just stop trying to say MEGAN is great stuff, just because you have used one product. Say you had good luck with them and you like it. But when someone comes along and has had experience and says something, dont jump on them.

And just for reference MEGAN products are made in China and Taiwan, the majority that is. Which means they use Chinese materials, which if you look at many inductries that work in foreign markets, they do not allow Chinese materials. Low quality is the number one reason, along with some political ones, but quality.

Ok thats my last post in here. Things got way to far off topic. Say what you say but my experience with MEGAN has told me to keep my customers away from them
Old 07-24-2008, 01:30 PM

OK. And my opinon again Megan is good. To the OP not a bad choice. As far as you, OK