2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems...

... My car at times has problems and sounds like its misfirimg, it'll only happen right after I start the car and last maybe for a mile before it goes back to normal. 90% of the time its on first startup of the day but not allways. It'll sputter and feel like its gonna die around half throtlte, at wot, it sounds kinda like a subaru which made me think of all the blown motor threads but if that was the case it wouldnt go away. I am thinking of several things it could be... condensation in the tank or fuel lines overnight, car having a problem with 91 octane( there are no 93 stations within an hour of me, and where I used to live there wasnt any 93 stations in the entire province!) although that never caused problems before. Another possibilty is the stock plugs maybe? My mods are in my sig, I've got 33000km on the car(21k miles) and its an '07. Any input into whats causing it would be nice, otherwise I'm just gonna start running a bottle or 2 of gas-line antifreeze in each tank fill to help with condensation(heard its also got a knock-supressing effect being alcohol and all?) and get some better plugs soon.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Banned

change out the stock plugs mate. Go 1 step colder, and run 1 bottle of heet through your gas tank for the next 5 fill ups, guarantee it'll solve your problems. Also, start spraying meth and get a tune lol.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 AM

Yeah the plugs I just need a decent tool set, mine has no plug socket and doesnt have any of the super-long extenders. As for meth and a tune, I'm probably getting the stage 3 pcm soon and I'll run meth then, I just dont want to tune it right now beacuse I want to be able to go back to stock easily... for now. I'll run the gas-line antifreeze once I pick some up tonight(this is my lunch break right now) and pickup plugs when I have time, probably sunday, but the store around here suck so i dont know what kind of selection they'll have.