2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

putting motor back together... got a question for people who have done this before.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
putting motor back together... got a question for people who have done this before.

ok so i am putting my new bult up motor back together.

i marked my connecting rods cylinder 1 2 3 4... i marked them all on one side so i would know what way the rods would have to be. but i accidentaly must have brake cleanered off the marking on the bloack and know i dont know. i already put the rods on the pistons but i am confused and not sure if they are backwards.

can anyone tell me what side the locks on the rod bearing should be facing... towards the exhaust cam/back of the motor. or towards the intake cam/front of them motor.

i figured you cant put the rods in backwards.... like most motors you cant. these rods are the same on both sides the only differance is where the rod bearings lock in...

bump need help fast...! sitting around with my thumb up my butt waiting for an answer!

Last edited by red_line_cobalt; 10-17-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2008, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by red_line_cobalt
ok so i am putting my new bult up motor back together.

i marked my connecting rods cylinder 1 2 3 4... i marked them all on one side so i would know what way the rods would have to be. but i accidentaly must have brake cleanered off the marking on the bloack and know i dont know. i already put the rods on the pistons but i am confused and not sure if they are backwards.

can anyone tell me what side the locks on the rod bearing should be facing... towards the exhaust cam/back of the motor. or towards the intake cam/front of them motor.

i figured you cant put the rods in backwards.... like most motors you cant. these rods are the same on both sides the only differance is where the rod bearings lock in...

bump need help fast...! sitting around with my thumb up my butt waiting for an answer!

should of invested in a punch set so you could leave a stamped indent on the rods with the corresponding number and then stamp a r or f on the front or rear of the rod...

ill be able to check tomorrow when i pull the oil pan off my brothers car to drill his girdle for the oil return
Old 10-17-2008, 02:34 PM

yeah yeah haha

bump

bump

bump

Last edited by red_line_cobalt; 10-17-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost