2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ss/sc ss/tc swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by arng22
60's 2.8, tune, nitrous, intake, exhaust tires, mounts. very low 12.

ehh..if your good thats 3000ish dollars
Thats definitely into the 12s. Drags ftw.

13.5 13.7....your LNF is going to take some work for that too considering its maxed in almost every way
Exactly what i said earlier.

Speaking of which, if you're mainly going for a drag car.....you may have picked the wrong platform. The balt has weak axles, and is definitely meant for the twisites, but has some drag go with it. Take it to a road course and the balt will sex you up and down!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by srcobaltss
if i keep it supercharged i'll have 2.8,stage II belt, 42 injectors, HE, nitto invos, I.T.D., ttr tranny mounts, injen intake, slp loudmouth II full exhaust(questionalbe) hurst short throw, and a tune. thats no lower then a 13.5 you can argue it but i highly DOUBT thats 12's or under 13.5

the biggest problem is your launch and your 1-2 shift with DR your 60' should be better then a 2.2 and you woulnt have to worry about hopping 1-2 or breaking loose.

driving skill>mods. its possible to hit 12's, least a 13 flat
Old 02-28-2008, 02:51 PM

i'm not understanding how this LNF has 260hp and in the 14's. i seen srt's with 280hp in the 12's. and like i said. this wasnt set in stone. it was just something i thought of today and figured it was possibly a good idea.

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Thats definitely into the 12s. Drags ftw.

Exactly what i said earlier.

Speaking of which, if you're mainly going for a drag car.....you may have picked the wrong platform. The balt has weak axles, and is definitely meant for the twisites, but has some drag go with it. Take it to a road course and the balt will sex you up and down!
i would love to make it a circuit car. but no one where i live is into that. and i dont kno of anywhere with a track. around here its all punk ass hondas and muscle cars(which is why i wanna be 13.2-12.9) theres a few srt4s and one or 2 cobalts.

Last edited by srcobaltss; 02-28-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2008, 02:57 PM

im running 2.7 pulley 60lb injectors full exhaust with 3 in catback fujita intake nitto drag radials trans mounts control arm bushings and a decent tune (not wonderful) and i am closing in on 12s. no spray no slicks. you can hit 12s with something that can pass as warrenty.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:58 PM

i like rolls. but the hondas and v8s around here will only race 1/4s. i find 1/4s pointless considering MOST 4 cyl. spin like hell off the line. by the time they get traction there in the speed range that you'd be in if you were on a roll. BUT no one would race me.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:21 PM

i'm not understanding how this LNF has 260hp and in the 14's. i seen srt's with 280hp in the 12's. and like i said. this wasnt set in stone. it was just something i thought of today and figured it was possibly a good idea.

i would love to make it a circuit car. but no one where i live is into that. and i dont kno of anywhere with a track. around here its all punk ass hondas and muscle cars(which is why i wanna be 13.2-12.9) theres a few srt4s and one or 2 cobalts.
SRT-4's have torque out the ass. And tehy are lighter, and they most likely has drag radials. Stock you can run significantly higher with drag radials. Torque wins races.

Secondly, you forget, that those numbers ARE NOT to the wheels. Thats 260hp 260tq and the crank, so you will have crank loss. Its going to MAX be a 13.9 car. And its no mod friendly, so you're still gunna be up a creek without a paddle.

if i keep it supercharged i'll have 2.8,stage II belt, 42 injectors, HE, nitto invos, I.T.D., ttr tranny mounts, injen intake, slp loudmouth II full exhaust(questionalbe) hurst short throw, and a tune. thats no lower then a 13.5 you can argue it but i highly DOUBT thats 12's or under 13.5
Thats's a bad mod list. A 2.8 with 42's will brew bad things. Get 60's a good ass tune, and then drop down another notch.

And that is up to driver skill. If you can drive, that can be lower than a 13.5.

driving skill>mods. its possible to hit 12's, least a 13 flat
x3434878 I believe there is a member who ran well into the 13s with NO power mods. Only beefing up the weak points of the LSJ (axles, itd, mounts, etc) and a tune. Practiced his launches and ran VERY good numbers. I believe rather close to that magical 13.5 you talk about.

I personally think you're modding for the wrong reasons. Mod for your own personal enjoyment, not to beat others. Otherwise you'll be disappointed.

Muscles and hondas have SIGNIFICANTLY larger aftermarkets than you, and will get faster a lot easier. Our cars are new and don't have anywhere near as strong of an aftermarket.

Enjoy your car for what its worth. If you want to beat those cars....buy an evo or sti.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:38 PM

SRT-4's have torque out the ass. And tehy are lighter, and they most likely has drag radials. Stock you can run significantly higher with drag radials. Torque wins races.

Secondly, you forget, that those numbers ARE NOT to the wheels. Thats 260hp 260tq and the crank, so you will have crank loss. Its going to MAX be a 13.9 car. And its no mod friendly, so you're still gunna be up a creek without a paddle.

Thats's a bad mod list. A 2.8 with 42's will brew bad things. Get 60's a good ass tune, and then drop down another notch.

And that is up to driver skill. If you can drive, that can be lower than a 13.5.

x3434878 I believe there is a member who ran well into the 13s with NO power mods. Only beefing up the weak points of the LSJ (axles, itd, mounts, etc) and a tune. Practiced his launches and ran VERY good numbers. I believe rather close to that magical 13.5 you talk about.

I personally think you're modding for the wrong reasons. Mod for your own personal enjoyment, not to beat others. Otherwise you'll be disappointed.

Muscles and hondas have SIGNIFICANTLY larger aftermarkets than you, and will get faster a lot easier. Our cars are new and don't have anywhere near as strong of an aftermarket.

Enjoy your car for what its worth. If you want to beat those cars....buy an evo or sti.
correction i'm not getting 2.8 im getting 2.9 i didnt realize i put that. and i do enjoy my car. but when someone talks **** which alot of people do about our cars. i wanna be able to prove that the lsj isn't overrated. theres more to it then just beating people. its maken a statement. and yes hondas have alot of aftermarkets. but they are the biggest trash talkers around. they'll be running 14.9's and say the cobalts ass. i dont wanna make the 12's to beat people. i wanna get in the 12's because people say it cant reach it. theres a BIG difference
Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
This thread makes my face hurt.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
This thread makes my face hurt.
then dont bother with it. no one asked you to be in here.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Oh, but I will. I said that because I too am in search of faster car...

Just have patience. The TVS and the Hahn 20g kit are both on there ways... BOTH will have the power... to make power.

And, if you wanna go fast now. Nitrous is your answer... its not as dangerous as people make it out to be.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:07 PM

Just have patience. The TVS and the Hahn 20g kit are both on there ways... BOTH will have the power... to make power.

And, if you wanna go fast now. Nitrous is your answer... its not as dangerous as people make it out to be.
i heard the TVS is dangerous for our engines. and i would spray, but the thing about spray is if you dont hook it up right. and you over do it. good by piston rings and possible pistons.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

The TVS is dangerous in the hands of an idiot that thinks they can bolt it onto a stock engine and do no supporting mods (ie Injectors, Tune, forged pistons (IMO), etc).

It is a strong unit... the engine can hold its power... but its gonna need help. And you won't see anyone running a TVS with a 2.5 pulley. Hell, you probably won't see anyone running one with a 2.8 for quite some time.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 PM

correction i'm not getting 2.8 im getting 2.9 i didnt realize i put that. and i do enjoy my car. but when someone talks **** which alot of people do about our cars. i wanna be able to prove that the lsj isn't overrated. theres more to it then just beating people. its maken a statement. and yes hondas have alot of aftermarkets. but they are the biggest trash talkers around. they'll be running 14.9's and say the cobalts ass. i dont wanna make the 12's to beat people. i wanna get in the 12's because people say it cant reach it. theres a BIG difference
if you want to prove that the LSJ isnt overrated then why do you want to swap in the LNF?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by balt21
if you want to prove that the LSJ isnt overrated then why do you want to swap in the LNF?
i dont wanna swap the LNF i was questioning if it could be done. and i THOUGHT it was a good set up unitl this thread taught me other wise. i do want a TURBO or atleast my LSJ running 12.9-13
Old 02-28-2008, 08:19 PM

good deal, like the others said, turbo and slicks
Old 02-28-2008, 08:20 PM

The TVS is dangerous in the hands of an idiot that thinks they can bolt it onto a stock engine and do no supporting mods (ie Injectors, Tune, forged pistons (IMO), etc).

It is a strong unit... the engine can hold its power... but its gonna need help. And you won't see anyone running a TVS with a 2.5 pulley. Hell, you probably won't see anyone running one with a 2.8 for quite some time.
what makes it so much better. bigger fans in the charger?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Too complicated to explain here... it should all be in that thread they made. It's all about the rotors though... they are the key ingredient. Not to mention that is a MUCH bigger S/C than the stock one... in terms of how much air it moves.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned

Turbo'd LSJ > LNF

Plus it would be extremely complex because of the DI
Old 02-28-2008, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
Turbo'd LSJ > LNF

Plus it would be extremely complex because of the DI
Thats what i was curious about. I'd think getting the direct injection integrated with our lines and tank would be a pain. I know DI is more efficient but i think it would be easier to just sell your balt and get a new LNF cobalt. TVS or aftermarket Turbo FTW.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 AM

its so dangerous because of a movie we all seem to know.....NOSSSSSSS

and the idiots that think they can run a 150 shot on stock internals
Old 02-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LopsidedJester
Thats what i was curious about. I'd think getting the direct injection integrated with our lines and tank would be a pain. I know DI is more efficient but i think it would be easier to just sell your balt and get a new LNF cobalt. TVS or aftermarket Turbo FTW.
You'd have to run all new lines along with a new tank and pump. You couldn't use the stock LSJ lines.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My girls cousin Chris lives in Millville.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
i love how people think it costs a crap load of money to get an ss/sc in the 12's.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Area47
i love how people think it costs a crap load of money to get an ss/sc in the 12's.
Thank you Area.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My first Noss experience was a fun one lol. I think I had a 75 dry shot on my stock turbo mx-6. I'm pretty sure I leaned out bad and I wish I still had a pic of my #3 spark plug. I didn't know what I was doing tho and it was funny when I had to limp home only banging 3cylinders. My fault for bein dumb.

Quick Reply: ss/sc ss/tc swap