2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ss/sc ss/tc swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ss/sc ss/tc swap

i kno i just made a list of mods for my sc cobalt. but is there anyway you would be able to swap the ss/sc engine with the new ss/tc engine? i kno its the Pontiac Solstice GXP engine but if it fits in the new cobalt i assume it'd fit in mine. plus it beats spending around 3 grand and still not making it into the 12s. if its possible where might i be able to find this engine?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subscribed.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:33 PM

your for the LNF..why don't you just wait for the LNF balt...swapping would be a huge waste of money
Old 02-28-2008, 01:35 PM

It's cheaper and I think smarter to get a turbo kit for the LSJ.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by arng22
your for the LNF..why don't you just wait for the LNF balt...swapping would be a huge waste of money
i just baught my 2007 cobalt s/c about 4 months ago. i can't afford to get the new one
Old 02-28-2008, 01:37 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Wait are you trying to swap the LNF into the SS/SC, or the LSJ into the SS/TC?

Originally Posted by cheesetits
Very much so..and you'll get tons more power.

Last edited by Scythe_Snake; 02-28-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2008, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by cheesetits
if i could find one. plus wouldnt i have trouble with inspection

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Wait are you trying to swap the LNF into the SS/SC, or the LSJ into the SS/TC?

Very much so..and you'll get tons more power.
i wanted to mod my supercharger but no matter what i do it'll cost too much to be even remotly fast. so i wanted to make it turbo. i figured buying the solstice engine woudl be cheaper then custom maken my own.

Last edited by srcobaltss; 02-28-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2008, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by srcobaltss
i wanted to mod my supercharger but no matter what i do it'll cost too much to be even remotly fast. so i wanted to make it turbo. i figured buying the solstice engine woudl be cheaper then custom maken my own.
FALSE. Swapping a new engine, one that is generally maxed out and not at all mod friendly will not lend you higher numbers. A turbo LSJ will out perform a LNF. The LNF is seriously limited thanks to the direct injection and ecu i believe. And the f35 tranny is maxed out on this engine.

If you want to get a turbo, buy Rebel auto worxs or tag's turbo kit. It will be significantly cheaper.

LNF = between 2.5-3K

Install = At least a 1K MINIMUM.

And you did all that to have a stock engine in which you could have modded your LSJ significantly with.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:47 PM

FALSE. Swapping a new engine, one that is generally maxed out and not at all mod friendly will not lend you higher numbers. A turbo LSJ will out perform a LNF. The LNF is seriously limited thanks to the direct injection and ecu i believe. And the f35 tranny is maxed out on this engine.

If you want to get a turbo, buy Rebel auto worxs or tag's turbo kit. It will be significantly cheaper.

LNF = between 2.5-3K

Install = At least a 1K MINIMUM.

And you did all that to have a stock engine in which you could have modded your LSJ significantly with.
if i could keep my lsj and make it run 12's i'd be happy with that. but the lowest i could possibly get it with out doing cams and pisons is probably 13.5-13.7 thats awfull.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM

if i could keep my lsj and make it run 12's i'd be happy with that. but the lowest i could possibly get it with out doing cams and pisons is probably 13.5-13.7 thats awfull.
There are 12 second cobalts on ehre who have their SC's. And on the stock supercharger, yes, you're limited. But I see you haven't been folowing the news of the new supercharger that will be sex for the LSJ.

And if you had full bolt ons, stage 2 w/ upgraded pully, port-polish head and sc you'd be closer to the 12s.

Secondly....like I said, either get the new TVS, or a turbo. A turbo LSJ WILL out perform an LSJ and be cheaper. You'll be seeing closer to the 12s with the turbo swap.

And its no different with most cars. To get them to run a full 2 seconds faster IS NOT going to happen with full bolt ons. Maybe cars like the MS3 and SRT-4, but they are both pwnage vehicles.

But, think of the si..full bolt ons for most doesn't even get them out of the 14s, for some good drivers yes, but most it doesn't. they usually have to FI swaps to do that.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:57 PM

Where in NJ are U man>

And yes, from what Ive seen, the LNF creat motor will be in and around 6K WITHOUT THE TURBO OR INTAKE PIPES....

TVS LSJ > ALL! oh yeaa!! lol
Old 02-28-2008, 01:59 PM

Not trying to thread jack or anything but how much is the tvs gonna cost.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by RuSSo-29
Where in NJ are U man>

And yes, from what Ive seen, the LNF creat motor will be in and around 6K WITHOUT THE TURBO OR INTAKE PIPES....

Hell I under estimated the crate engine. but yes, it usually comes without the intake piping and the turbo-exhaust manifold as well. So if you just want a turbo cobalt so bad, just go out and buy one. These aren't Honda's, you can't just drop and go. Or turbo your LSJ.

I think you may be disappointed one you get your LNF though....

Russo lets not get our excitement too overdone. Lets wait and see when it comes out, then make our judgements. But like you, I am very excited for the TVS.

Originally Posted by invisible
Not trying to thread jack or anything but how much is the tvs gonna cost.
$2250 shipped. Go to the 10+ page thread all about it, and read.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/advanced-performance-modifications-130/harrop-htv1320-lsj-using-eaton-tvs-technology-91586/

Last edited by Scythe_Snake; 02-28-2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2008, 02:15 PM

Where in NJ are U man>

millville
Old 02-28-2008, 02:21 PM

Hell I under estimated the crate engine. but yes, it usually comes without the intake piping and the turbo-exhaust manifold as well. So if you just want a turbo cobalt so bad, just go out and buy one. These aren't Honda's, you can't just drop and go. Or turbo your LSJ.

Russo lets not get our excitement too overdone. Lets wait and see when it comes out, then make our judgements. But like you, I am very excited for the TVS.

$2250 shipped. Go to the 10+ page thread all about it, and read.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91586
Well, when one dreams of something over the course of ohhh 6 months or so, there bound to be a lil pent up excitment! lol

True I need to keep calm tho.

millville
lol WHERE the hell is that? Sorry I'm not sure... North, South? Mid?

Last edited by RuSSo-29; 02-28-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2008, 02:27 PM

i probably wont do this swap. i was just seeing for one what people thought and for two how much it'd cost. i would love to keep my sc its just too much money to make it fast. and no matter what its going to be hard for the lsj to beat a turbo. i have a list of mods that i have planned on getting but they wont get me into the 12s. and the list will run me almost 3 grand. theres gotta be a cheaper way. turbo swap... yeah i could do that. but ripping off the supercharger means waranty problems and problems with inspection

lol WHERE the hell is that? Sorry I'm not sure... North, South? Mid?
south jersey. 45 minutes from philly

Last edited by srcobaltss; 02-28-2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2008, 02:28 PM

i probably wont do this swap. i was just seeing for one what people thought and for two how much it'd cost. i would love to keep my sc its just too much money to make it fast. and no matter what its going to be hard for the lsj to beat a turbo. i have a list of mods that i have planned on getting but they wont get me into the 12s. and the list will run me almost 3 grand. theres gotta be a cheaper way. turbo swap... yeah i could do that. but ripping off the supercharger means waranty problems and problems with inspection

If you want to keep your warranty, your not even gonna come close to 12's.
But you could always keep the stock stuff and put them back on if something goes wrong.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:29 PM

both ons, pulley swap, blah blah blah. as long as its not internal i can switch it over if it needs to go back. now if i had a turbo swap. thats a little more switching to get back to stock.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:30 PM

60's 2.8, tune, nitrous, intake, exhaust tires, mounts. very low 12.

ehh..if your good thats 3000ish dollars
Old 02-28-2008, 02:31 PM

WHAT 13.5-13.7 ive done much better than that with my mods and dr... but yes you should deff go with a turbo kit for the lsj and make 300+whp on pump gas tune!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by arng22
60's 2.8, tune, nitrous, intake, exhaust tires, mounts. very low 12.

ehh..if your good thats 3000ish dollars
i will never put nitrous in my car. but let me ask you a question. with the mods you have whats your track time?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:33 PM

13.5 13.7....your LNF is going to take some work for that too considering its maxed in almost every way

i will never put nitrous in my car. but let me ask you a question. with the mods you have whats your track time?
13.5@108 with the stock tires..

Last edited by arng22; 02-28-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2008, 02:35 PM

You DEFINITELY won't have warranty if you want to get into the 12s. Do you honestly think it will be easy to get the SS/TC's into the 12s? On a maxed out tranny and a non-mod friendly engine....I don't think it will be easy. The only thing I know they have is a ecu reflash that gets them 295hp 3XXtq...but that costs closer to 2K.

Take your LSJ for what its worth. Its pretty quick from the factory. If you want a subtle mod that the dealers probably won't notice, get the TVS and build from there. The M62 is the problem of the LSJ.

Honestly man, if you wanna get into the 12s pretty easy....go out and buy an Evo, MS3, SRT-4, or STi. More power stock, much larger aftermarket.

But you could always keep the stock stuff and put them back on if something goes wrong.
truth.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Banned

suppose it's a direct swap, which it's not. so you're going to spend thousands of dollars, to still be in the 14's, and then STILL have to spend all the money on upgrades? wouldn't it just make more sense to buil dyour lsj?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
WHAT 13.5-13.7 ive done much better than that with my mods and dr... but yes you should deff go with a turbo kit for the lsj and make 300+whp on pump gas tune!!!
if i keep it supercharged i'll have 2.8,stage II belt, 42 injectors, HE, nitto invos, I.T.D., ttr tranny mounts, injen intake, slp loudmouth II full exhaust(questionalbe) hurst short throw, and a tune. thats no lower then a 13.5 you can argue it but i highly DOUBT thats 12's or under 13.5

Quick Reply: ss/sc ss/tc swap