2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

stealing software?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stealing software?

is it possible to download hptuners for free? like off a torrent maybe......
Old 03-19-2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Travi-ss-
is it possible to download hptuners for free? like off a torrent maybe......
This is going to be locked the software is free (kinda) but in order to edit you MUST have the cable the cable hold the license not the software

IBTL

BTW HP tuners is well worth the price

Last edited by NightriderCobaltSS; 03-19-2007 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your a ********, we worked so hard to get Hptuners to believe in the 4 cylinder american market. It took us years over at jbody.org to get them to make the software. Then after a few years of delay it finally comes out.

Dont be such a ******* cheap bastard and support the only company that supports us.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:14 PM

piracy is illegal.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned

yea because nobody on this thread has music downloaded from limewire or napster or oink. yea ok i bet you could find it on a torrent somewhere pm me if you do. try oink.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:17 PM

FORUM RULES

Please read rule #14. Thanks.

Stealing is bad mmmmk..

Originally Posted by -Jayson-
your a ********, we worked so hard to get Hptuners to believe in the 4 cylinder american market. It took us years over at jbody.org to get them to make the software. Then after a few years of delay it finally comes out.

Dont be such a ******* cheap bastard and support the only company that supports us.
wtf? i never said i was going to download it nor did i say that other people should. i actually dont have a single mod on my cobalt so it would be fairly useless to me anyway. i was just wondering if it were possible so steal it since its pretty easy to steal other software. i wouldnt be able to get around buying credits anyway. (or so is my understanding) so be easy
Banned

Originally Posted by -Jayson-

nobody called anyone names here stop being what you called someone, a simple yes or no would have sufficed but i guess that wasn't good enough for you. So what its out now "your" hardwork paid off so go buy it and let us others do what is our constitutional right to do whatever the hell we want in the pursuit of happiness.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 PM

I agree with the ******** comment. And even if you could download it how are you going to use it? You still need the cable to be able to hook up the car to the computer.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 PM

with out the cable the software is of no use
Old 03-19-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by glockglade
yea because nobody on this thread has music downloaded from limewire or napster or oink. yea ok i bet you could find it on a torrent somewhere pm me if you do. try oink.
good example with the music thing...........there really is a way to steal anything if you try hard enough. not saying i would or do...........
Old 03-19-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Travi-ss-
good example with the music thing...........there really is a way to steal anything if you try hard enough. not saying i would or do...........
yeah but the cable make it very difficult and any software for my CAR i would want to buy and get support when u get **** illgeal sometimes it doesnt work right
Old 03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Doc

The software is free. The title of this thread leads me to believe that's not what your after though. No harm in trying. I wouldn't persue this though.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:30 PM

my bad for starting this thread
Old 03-19-2007, 01:32 PM

I'm sure if you looked for HP tuners you could find it... there was a thread on this a while back.

But...
1: if you find something named "HP Tuners" it's probably gonna just be a virus
2: not only will you need the cable to connect to the car... you'll also need the credits to use the program

Pirating may be ethicly wrong... but I'm all for grabbing what you can to a certain degree. Music.... videos... games... graphics software... just b/c I think it's rediculous to pay several hundred dollars for something like Photoshop, MS Office, Flash, or Dreamweaver. Especially when school requires you to have the programs... and dosen't offer you a way to pay for it.

I'd probably stay away from something as important as car tuning software though... sounds a little to dangerous to me.

Remember... "The best things in the world are FREE." LOL
Old 03-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you want the software, just ask someone around you if you can load it on your computer. No problem messing around and seeing what you can do. But like posted above, you can't do anything without the cable.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Even IF you could find the software, you can't open it without an Application Key, and you cannot even save or modify a file without first connecting the cable to the comptuer and verifying the license. It would be pointless to look for it.

As for the Illegal part. I don't see how having the file or program itself is wrong, unless you find a way to hack it and create your own credits etc. HPTUNERS allows you to DL the software from their website, and if you want o pay for credits and cables, that's how they make their money. They don't make their money on the software.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:39 PM

okay i guess i didnt really understand how the whole program and all the stuff worked. thanks for the information
Old 03-19-2007, 01:48 PM

hey theres never a stupid question. props to you for asking, atleast everyone sees everyones opinion
Old 03-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Banned

alright here's what you should do travis somehow get your hand on the program call hptuners and say you need a replacement cable as it was a gift to you and you lost it so there's your cable and software now just buy the credits and bam hptuners for little to nothing i'm sorry 500 bucks for a cable and a program is just damn rediculous. in economics you learn about elasticity of demand and how it correlates to how much you can charge for a product. hptuners seems to be realtively in-elastic (no matter what the price demand is going to be relatively equal) now if they were smart and did like a group buy for half that price they would more than double their sales and their revenue but hey I guess their marketing director never took an economics course.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:00 PM

your a bad man glock.....you have no problem ripping people off...............i like that
Old 03-19-2007, 02:56 PM

guys all he did was ask. theres no need from calling names.

i want to know if hp tuners works with pda's like dsm link also i want to know. also someone said you can get the program for free how???? i have not seen it once up for free?

Last edited by rickyw; 03-19-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-19-2007, 03:00 PM

i'm a torrents man and i get every software and song and movie and game free and i'm not ashamed of it cause i'm not gonna pay any company one more penny to make them richer. And believe me if you get enough people on the torrent forums they can make a crack to override the checking for credits since it works with someting like that
Old 03-19-2007, 03:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by glockglade
alright here's what you should do travis somehow get your hand on the program call hptuners and say you need a replacement cable as it was a gift to you and you lost it so there's your cable and software now just buy the credits and bam hptuners for little to nothing i'm sorry 500 bucks for a cable and a program is just damn rediculous. in economics you learn about elasticity of demand and how it correlates to how much you can charge for a product. hptuners seems to be realtively in-elastic (no matter what the price demand is going to be relatively equal) now if they were smart and did like a group buy for half that price they would more than double their sales and their revenue but hey I guess their marketing director never took an economics course.
HPtuners is worth it. I make more in a Saturday from having it than it even costs to buy. And you could pay other companies for their tunes $200+ but then again, what about when you're not happy? $500.00 well spent.