2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Thats it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSGSX
Could i Go Custom?? Custom is always better

Thanks,

Leo

Custom rods? I don't mean to sound rude at all, but do you have a large amount of money for all of this? What you want to do is going to cost you quite a bit. The thing that's confusing me is that you're saying that you want 300-350WHP; but you are contemplating parts that would be good for 600+WHP. Do you see what I'm saying? I mean, following through is one thing, but there's no need for overkill if your goal really is around 300WHP.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:50 PM

do you have a time frame on rebuilding your engine?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by artawesome
Might be a good idea to buy another block and build it on the side.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey851
thats what 1/2cent suggested.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could i Go Custom?? Custom is always better
How do you figure?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by artawesome
Not really, just wanna do it right so i will take my time with it.

Well, to answer your question i spent a good $17,000 to build my 455 right, so i mean if i'm gonna do this build right i know i have to spend some big money. Umm.. maybe it would be a better idea just to buy a blank block and start from scratch. you have a point there.

But I mean i can still just build up on my existing engine, by the way, how much would it cost for a set of 4 connecting rods?

Thank you

Leo

Last edited by SSGSX; 05-13-2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2007, 11:10 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 266 Likes on 183 Posts
.... by the way, how much would it cost for a set of 4 connecting rods?....
http://www.jbodyperformance.com/new/...catName=JP0974
Old 05-13-2007, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Nice, thanks buddy!, Umm,, you have Bates Sleeves did you bore out your 2.0? and can i purchase these bates sleeves?

Can you tell me what you did your engine in terms of your internals, very interested

Thank you,

Leo

Last edited by SSGSX; 05-13-2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Banned

if your not gonna swap blowers than why are you rebuilding your motor stage 2 isnt THAT much stress, you could get away with cams and valve springs , i feel your pistons and rods should be fine , but its all up to you good luck, and you better be able to tune running that high of compression
Old 05-13-2007, 12:43 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Nice, thanks buddy!, Umm,, you have Bates Sleeves did you bore out your 2.0? and can i purchase these bates sleeves?

Can you tell me what you did your engine in terms of your internals, very interested

Thank you,

Leo
I am using Wiseco 8.0:1 pistons, JBP connecting rods, the bates sleeves, special block tricks, nuetral balance shafts and a complete balancing of all components.
I am also using the JBP stage 3 head, JBP billet cams (custom grind), adjustable cam gears, custom head studs and Ferrea valvetrain.
On top of that I am using an ARE dry sump kit, as well a custom intake/intercooler and exhaust manifold for my (dreaded) turbos.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:09 PM

I am using Wiseco 8.0:1 pistons, JBP connecting rods, the bates sleeves, special block tricks, nuetral balance shafts and a complete balancing of all components.
I am also using the JBP stage 3 head, JBP billet cams (custom grind), adjustable cam gears, custom head studs and Ferrea valvetrain.
On top of that I am using an ARE dry sump kit, as well a custom intake/intercooler and exhaust manifold for my (dreaded) turbos.
Wow, nice list man. You could put some big boost or spray to that motor.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:25 PM

Speaking of big boost. I recently installed stage 2 on my car, and all of a sudden at about 2000RPM driving normally there is this sound like a bag of marbles coming from underneath me. now either theres a leak in my downpipe, or the supercharger blew a bearing? I am very concerned, also the supercharger doesnt have that constant whine anymore as it was spooling up as the rpms got higher, now i only hear it when i give it hard. the engine only has 2700KM on it! HELP!! LOL

What do you think it is?
Old 05-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Banned

u need to throw some d's on that bitch
Old 05-13-2007, 05:27 PM

Am I losing Major HP from this?

Originally Posted by nramlow2006
u need to throw some d's on that bitch
Whats D'S?

Last edited by SSGSX; 05-13-2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2007, 05:28 PM

what octane are you running, and what spark plugs.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
what octane are you running, and what spark plugs.
Running Sunoco 94 and stock spark plugs, i am very concerned
Old 05-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

Am I losing Major HP from this?

Whats D'S?
its a song...." rap" lol i was kidding around
Old 05-13-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by nramlow2006
its a song...." rap" lol i was kidding around
ohLOLOL my bad, But i have no idea what that sound is, only when i'm driving normally does it kick in, around 1800-2000 rpm its like a shakink/buzzing type like a bag of marlbles buzz and it never did that before.

WOW!! Maybe i should go with Low compression Pistons if i'm gonna be running that type of boost that's a better idea, and i will use all of the JBP stuff/ and a HELL of alot of COOOOLLIINNNGGG!!! then i will achieve some serious ponies

Last edited by SSGSX; 05-13-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2007, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
How do you figure?
Maybe my question was just overlooked. I'm still interested in knowing how custom is better...
Old 05-13-2007, 05:42 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

We are going to put some serious boost to the engine when it is all done, 35lbs worth.
Of course to do that there is also other things on our list, such as our custom "Supercooler" and the meth injection.

WOW!! Maybe i should go with Low compression Pistons if i'm gonna be running that type of boost that's a better idea, and i will use all of the JBP stuff/ and a HELL of alot of COOOOLLIINNNGGG!!! then i will achieve some serious ponies
I can only agree with that idea because it is what I am doing. You get the benifit of many things already having been developed that I have waited a long time for.
Now for the bad news. The kind of ponies I am going for creates other problems such as the transmission, which is why I chose to go rwd instead.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:52 PM

We are going to put some serious boost to the engine when it is all done, 35lbs worth.
Of course to do that there is also other things on our list, such as our custom "Supercooler" and the meth injection.

I can only agree with that idea because it is what I am doing. You get the benifit of many things already having been developed that I have waited a long time for.
Now for the bad news. The kind of ponies I am going for creates other problems such as the transmission, which is why I chose to go rwd instead.
Bates sleeves, where can i buy them, also can I twin intercool the car, also bigger fan, ram air scoops that should surely give it a nice shot of cold air!

WOW !!! thats the exactly what i want to do with my engine internals! You da man!! I Just have one big ass challenge keep it all koool.

WOW !!! thats the exactly what i want to do with my engine internals! You da man!! I Just have one big ass challenge keep it all koool.

Last edited by SSGSX; 05-13-2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2007, 05:52 PM

pistons and rods and a gm stage 3 with a smaller pully stock rods and pistons are rated for around 300 hp then boom everything else will hold

comp.pistons have some pistons but a bit pricey
Old 05-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Wow, RWD conversion; that's great. If I had the money I would do that to my Cobalt as well. As far as positioning the engine for RWD, what presented the biggest problems?
Old 05-13-2007, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by -Jayson-
Like ive said, right now there are a ton of 300HP cobalts on here.
Show me one
Old 05-13-2007, 06:00 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Bates sleeves, where can i buy them, also can I twin intercool the car, also bigger fan, ram air scoops that should surely give it a nice shot of cold air!

The Bates sleeves were custom speced/ordered through JBP.
As for the cooling we have a revolutionary way to cool my engine but it is very pricey and not yet available to the public.
If I was you I would email Mev or drop by his store as he stopped selling direct. He may very well be interested in doing the type of build you seem to be after.

Wow, RWD conversion; that's great. If I had the money I would do that to my Cobalt as well. As far as positioning the engine for RWD, what presented the biggest problems?
The engine needed to be turned 90 degrees, a chassis had to be welded to support the new engine cradle and we have to create a new tunnel so the driveshaft can go back to the rear end. This phase of the project is still a work in process.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 05-13-2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost