2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Tvs 1900 lsj build

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice mod list you have there steve, good luck.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
lol no not realy it isent but since the gmr cams have such a small base circle the hydraulic lash adjusters over extend and beat themselves to death that is why you need solid lash adjusters if the base circle was the same size as stock or close to it then the stuff would work just fine
I think you would find that if you had the same base circle and could run hydraulic lifters that this would beat the hell out of them... Wait our lifters dont work like normal lifters, this requires a bit more thought.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:09 PM

any measurements on the new port size?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:25 PM

subd for later
Old 01-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Leafydialupking
I think you would find that if you had the same base circle and could run hydraulic lifters that this would beat the hell out of them... Wait our lifters dont work like normal lifters, this requires a bit more thought.
there was a guy on the redline forums that made some spacers or sometrhing and put under the lash adj to raise them up and ran the gmr cams without a problem

even for a flat tappet cam .499 isent much lift i have ran past mid .500 lift on an a hyd flat tappet cam for years in a smallblock mopar
Old 01-24-2012, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there was a guy on the redline forums that made some spacers or sometrhing and put under the lash adj to raise them up and ran the gmr cams without a problem

even for a flat tappet cam .499 isent much lift i have ran past mid .500 lift on an a hyd flat tappet cam for years in a smallblock mopar
Need pics, a name, a link for the above solution!
There is no/little room for valve caps and due to the LSJ's head design, simple loose washers under the adjusters will fall out. So...
Old 01-24-2012, 11:52 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by rcorona8
Nice mod list you have there steve, good luck.
thank you

your buddy in the rsx is going to go wtf haha

rly wish i could show off the head, but thats going to have to wait until the remainder of the porting is done.

Last edited by 100% METH; 01-24-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:07 AM

I wasnt talking about lift. I mean how fast the lift builds and falls. If it falls too fast you can slam the valves into the valve seats and risk breaking a valve and/or wearing out the valve seat too fast. And on more normal lifter setups if the ramp angle is too high it can build too much pressure inside the lifter that it can blow oil through places that it shouldnt go, which makes for a sad lifter.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by 100% METH
You will have to wait and see
Wait? I dont want to wait! lol, definitely post pics and stuff once its complete, very interested in this.

they use a 1900 on a cadilac
there is a local that uses the 1900 on his G8 GT

l8r,
PD
Old 01-25-2012, 03:25 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Also commonly used on the 04 GTOs

No worries I'll have everything posted once completed
Old 01-25-2012, 09:04 AM

is it done?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Speedytec
Need pics, a name, a link for the above solution!
There is no/little room for valve caps and due to the LSJ's head design, simple loose washers under the adjusters will fall out. So...
go search the redline forums
Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by zfissette
is it done?
<^> this
Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Ok, now that's what I'm talking about. any idea on the normal duration? Because with that kind of 050 lift duration they either have a real damn aggressive ramp angle or are in like the 290+ range for total duration.
Thats a serious ramp angle. Certainly a solid lifter only cam.
duration dosent determine rate of lift on a camshaft

I wasnt talking about lift. I mean how fast the lift builds and falls. If it falls too fast you can slam the valves into the valve seats and risk breaking a valve and/or wearing out the valve seat too fast. And on more normal lifter setups if the ramp angle is too high it can build too much pressure inside the lifter that it can blow oil through places that it shouldnt go, which makes for a sad lifter.
the valve dosent just slam close

you should go read up frl cams and hyd roller cams and lifters in general
Old 01-25-2012, 09:46 AM

the valves always shut firmly. ive heard an engine being spun by an electric motor to demonstrate how much power it takes just to operate the valvetrain and the noise was very close to the same as an engine burning fuel. Ive seen some crazy cams where the valve hardly seem to ramp up and down at all just pop up pop down and as long as your running good valves failure isnt an issue. Do radical parts wear out faster than stock? sometimes. but if the part is made stronger in proportion to the increased strain then its zero sum. thats one of the best things about running an sbc, the availability of titanium valves
Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 AM

duration dosent determine rate of lift on a camshaft

the valve dosent just slam close

you should go read up frl cams and hyd roller cams and lifters in general
It doesn't look to me like he was claiming that high duration=steep ramp, i think he was saying that there wasn't as much difference between .050 duration and advertised duration as there usually is, which does indeed indicate an agressive lobe that slams the valves open and closed very quickly.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:23 AM

agressive = awesome.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by RiskyRick
It doesn't look to me like he was claiming that high duration=steep ramp, i think he was saying that there wasn't as much difference between .050 duration and advertised duration as there usually is, which does indeed indicate an agressive lobe that slams the valves open and closed very quickly.
Exactly what I was saying.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

you can put any duration number in there there realy isent enough information given to determine wat you are saying go dig around you might be suprised

Tilden Technologies - Camshaft Design

Intensity & Duration
Old 01-25-2012, 11:21 AM

lol at a TVS 1900 / LSJ build turning into a CAM FIGHT!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:23 AM

No, the relation between 050 duration and total duration can give you a very good idea on the ramp angle, because its literally a direct correlation between how close the two numbers are together and how aggressive the angle has to be. This assumes that the total duration is taking from the same point. He calls this Intensity in the Intensity & duration article.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 AM

No, the relation between 050 duration and total duration can give you a very good idea on the ramp angle, because its literally a direct correlation between how close the two numbers are together and how aggressive the angle has to be. This assumes that the total duration is taking from the same point. He calls this Intensity in the Intensity & duration article.
Yep

The only reason that the difference between .050 and advertised duration wouldn't give a good idea of how agressive the lobe is, is in the case of different points being used to measure the advertised duration - i.e. Back in the day, gm measured at absolutely no lift, and iirc ultradyne cams were measured at .020. I take it that euthanasia measured these cams?? If thats the case I'm sure he used a common point to measure from, so yeah its a pretty agressive lobe, which we already knew from having to use solid lifters.

The only additional information that i see being useful here is the .100 and .200 durations, but that would be pretty pointless, because we have nothing to compare to.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RooTBeeR
lol at a TVS 1900 / LSJ build turning into a CAM FIGHT!
no not all a fight

ok but one point your missing is the cam grinder can put what ever advertised duration number he wants on the cam its a numbers game that has been played and is still being played to sell products advertised duratation dosent mean **** to determine how intense or aggresive a cam is you need to take a deeper look
Old 01-25-2012, 11:54 AM

No, the relation between 050 duration and total duration can give you a very good idea on the ramp angle, because its literally a direct correlation between how close the two numbers are together and how aggressive the angle has to be. This assumes that the total duration is taken from the same point. He calls this Intensity in the Intensity & duration article.
no not all a fight

ok but one point your missing is the cam grinder can put what ever advertised duration number he wants on the cam its a numbers game that has been played and is still being played to sell products advertised duratation dosent mean **** to determine how intense or aggresive a cam is you need to take a deeper look
Old 01-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RiskyRick
Yep

The only reason that the difference between .050 and advertised duration wouldn't give a good idea of how agressive the lobe is, is in the case of different points being used to measure the advertised duration - i.e. Back in the day, gm measured at absolutely no lift, and iirc ultradyne cams were measured at .020. I take it that euthanasia measured these cams?? If thats the case I'm sure he used a common point to measure from, so yeah its a pretty agressive lobe, which we already knew from having to use solid lifters.
you have to use solid lash adjusters because of the reduced base circle not because of the profile the reduced base circle over extends the lash adjuster if this cam had the same or real close to the same base circle you could use the stock lash adjusters with no ill effects

Last edited by mrbelvedere; 01-25-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Tvs 1900 lsj build