2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: Which one you think is better?
Twin Screw
58.95%
Procharger
41.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Twin Screw vs Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin Screw vs Procharger

I was leaning towards the Twin Screw because a Procharger has the down sides of a supercharger and a turbo. Also, what kind of maintenance do each need?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:53 PM

Procharger no contest, a procharger is a supercharger, just a centrfigual supercharger, and as for downside no it wont have the heat, and be more efficient then a roots style or twin screw.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shortbus
Procharger no contest, a procharger is a supercharger, just a centrfigual supercharger, and as for downside no it wont have the heat, and be more efficient then a roots style or twin screw.
Yeah and it won't make any power under 3000rpm. TS > Procharger
Old 07-13-2007, 12:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as speed mafia said.. ok so 15 psi at 2500 rpms is no power? it makes power man... just wont make full boost till redline.. however it'll take less boost to make the same numbers because it's inheritly more efficient
Old 07-13-2007, 01:25 AM

hahahhahhaha i love it when people say it wont make power under a certain rpm

i have a m62 roots blower .. according to you i should have power down low bc its a roots type... and im 100% positive i got **** for power under 3000 rpm...

id say go with whatever is released that produces more power more efficiently... and aparently that is the procharger (cuz i dont see the twinscrew released anytime soon)
Old 07-13-2007, 02:14 AM

Actually the "lag" of the Procharger would promote traction while launching and then build up afterwards. Granted a proper boost management setup for first gear would do the same with the twin-screw and then you would have full boost no matter what RPM you are at.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:12 AM

To be honest I will be getting what ever costless...both are better than stock. The TW seems like less of a jump from the stock set up there for easier to install.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:33 AM

I look at things not so much in terms of traction for launching, as I do, how well will do it a highway roll race. Twin screw will allow you to start in a higher gear, and just drive around the guy without shifting 3 times. Procharger would require you to start towards the top of a gear in order to get a decent jump, but then you would have to shift in .02 seconds Plus there is no whine with a procharger (no folks, sorry there isn't I've heard many in real life so don't try to say there is), I love the whine of positive displacement chargers
Old 07-13-2007, 09:51 AM

I guess im decided then. I would way rather have instant boost. If i want lag i would go with a turbo. Does anyone know anything about maintenance on them?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by PolishPauL
I guess im decided then. I would way rather have instant boost. If i want lag i would go with a turbo. Does anyone know anything about maintenance on them?
not all turbos has an incrediable amount of lag my buddy has a stage 1 srt4 and right and 3000RPMS is when the turbo builds up so just like our supercharger you have to wait untill 3000 to step on it but its just instant boost after that
Old 07-13-2007, 10:15 AM

I have no intention of switching out my roots type because I don't want much more power but as with any power adder both of these have their ups and downs. I personally would go with a twin screw over the procharger for the fact that you would have instant boost since the boost is built internally instead of by stacking air. Modern twin screws are very efficient too so it's not like that's a real big strike against them. You will get a small amount of lag with a procharger but honestly it won't be that much.

Either way you go I'm sure you will be happy.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Banned

The procharger should be capable of higher HP numbers and from what I hear from Mase the TS will be producing 20% more HP then Stock. So with a stock pulley you would be making closer to 240 HP and with a 2.6 pulley you would be around 300WHP. With the Procharger they are shooting for 300WHP with a conservetive 2.95 pulley and ove 400WHP with smaller than that. So basically you should ask yourself, how much power am I looking for? Considering the cost of the two (and bang for the buck) I am going to go with a Procharger.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:41 AM

The procharger doesnt lag as much as you guys seem to think it does. All superchargers have to spin faster to make more power. If you plan on making more power with the TW then you will have to spin it faster. Also it depense on what TW. If its only puts out a max of 600-650 cfm(1200ax). Thats at max rpm not down low. So if you compare the air flow @ 3000 rpm with a 2.95 inch pulley for example you get. TW=6330rpm Procharger=26016rpm
So if both superchargers are running about 35% of there max output with that pulley size then you get TW=@ about 200cfm rounded up. The procharger is @ about 265 cfm.
These are just numbers but I think if were going to compare the TW VS procharger then everyone should know them. I havent seen a map for the procharger yet but like most all superchargers they can still move air @ lower speeds considering the C2 puts out more then The C1 which is what I used for an example. Also the C2 can power a 350Z to over 300 whp @ a lower boost setting. Are higher boost setting is not going to change the fact that the procharger flows very well even at lower rpms/boost.

But again thats just my .02
Old 07-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Turbo...= power down low, Full boost from 2500 on, Easy to fit. Incredibly efficient. Cold Iat2. Our stock inter cooler setup can handle much more power with a turbo.

I don't know why everyone says turbo's have lag, have you ever raced an SRT-4?? But with some turbo applications you may get .5 second of lag, but if thats the only downside to a turbo. Turbo FTW.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:47 AM

Turbos arent in ? right now though. And When I race srt4s everytime they shift I pull on then due to lag. its them same on evos. When they are in boost they keep up but the second they shift and drop out of boost for .5 seconds they get pulled on every time.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Procharger ftw!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by chevytech007
The procharger doesnt lag as much as you guys seem to think it does. All superchargers have to spin faster to make more power. If you plan on making more power with the TW then you will have to spin it faster. Also it depense on what TW. If its only puts out a max of 600-650 cfm(1200ax). Thats at max rpm not down low. So if you compare the air flow @ 3000 rpm with a 2.95 inch pulley for example you get. TW=6330rpm Procharger=26016rpm
So if both superchargers are running about 35% of there max output with that pulley size then you get TW=@ about 200cfm rounded up. The procharger is @ about 265 cfm.
These are just numbers but I think if were going to compare the TW VS procharger then everyone should know them. I havent seen a map for the procharger yet but like most all superchargers they can still move air @ lower speeds considering the C2 puts out more then The C1 which is what I used for an example. Also the C2 can power a 350Z to over 300 whp @ a lower boost setting. Are higher boost setting is not going to change the fact that the procharger flows very well even at lower rpms/boost.

But again thats just my .02
very good explanation thats what i was trying to say but i was too lazy to write everything up

+1rep
Old 07-13-2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
Yeah and it won't make any power under 3000rpm. TS > Procharger
Facts to back this?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by chevytech007
Turbos arent in ? right now though. And When I race srt4s everytime they shift I pull on then due to lag. its them same on evos. When they are in boost they keep up but the second they shift and drop out of boost for .5 seconds they get pulled on every time.
Your kidding right?? How ofter do you race stock turbo srt-4's. They don't lag during shifts. The evo's turbo lags a little, but hardly noticeable. Some times the way a lot of you talk on this forum I get the feeling no one actually goes on the streets.

I was just trying to help people understand that they are looking for a supercharger with turbocharger performance. If what you really want is what comes from a turbo, just get a damn turbo and suck it up. I know its cool I got a supercharger not like everyone else, blah blah blah. But, what everyone is saying they want from one of these superchargers is pretty much what a turbo will give you.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:59 AM

Is the twin screw really only gonna make 300whp? I was hopin for at least 350 with full bolt ons and a few supporting mods like clutch and axles and maybe pistons. I know a turbo is the best way to go if you wanna do the least supporting mods but i bought a supercharged car and plan to keep it that way. Which supercharger do you think would be best to make 350whp? And i thought that prochargers had both whine and a blow off valve.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Maxim_X
Your kidding right?? How ofter do you race stock turbo srt-4's. They don't lag during shifts. The evo's turbo lags a little, but hardly noticeable. Some times the way a lot of you talk on this forum I get the feeling no one actually goes on the streets.

I was just trying to help people understand that they are looking for a supercharger with turbocharger performance. If what you really want is what comes from a turbo, just get a damn turbo and suck it up. I know its cool I got a supercharger not like everyone else, blah blah blah. But, what everyone is saying they want from one of these superchargers is pretty much what a turbo will give you.
i've drove my buddy srt4 and trust me theres no lag at all in between shifts
so i'm agreeing with you
Old 07-13-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by PolishPauL
Is the twin screw really only gonna make 300whp? I was hopin for at least 350 with full bolt ons and a few supporting mods like clutch and axles and maybe pistons. I know a turbo is the best way to go if you wanna do the least supporting mods but i bought a supercharged car and plan to keep it that way. Which supercharger do you think would be best to make 350whp? And i thought that prochargers had both whine and a blow off valve.
a T/s will make more than 300WHP i think you miss read his explanation, it'll make about 20% more HP than the stock m62, but it maxes out at about 400 less CFM than a c-1 blower... thus giving th procharger the ability to push out some higher numbers, a procharger is more of a whistle, and yes you can have a blow off valve...
Old 07-13-2007, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Maxim_X

I race them all the time. Thats all we have were I live. trust me there might not be lag when you drive it but compare it to a supercharger and that lag becomes a lot more noticable.
Not trying to start an argument Im just comparing the two. And I know its not that noticeable on a stock srt4. But the evo(which makes more power) is very noticable.

And just so you know I love these forums
Old 07-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

I'm still waiting on that dyno of the procharger on an LSJ to show how "great" it is..
Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 PM

you'll probably find out in a week or 2(according to his thread) you stankin' hater

Quick Reply: Twin Screw vs Procharger