2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:50 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I won't take my money back, but I will accept parts lol.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn how is this ******* car not done yet lol
Old 05-14-2009, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Rod!

i crave new news!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:19 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
I won't take my money back, but I will accept parts lol.
And which parts are you coveting?
Originally Posted by *TRIX*
damn how is this ******* car not done yet lol
I am thinking you have a tongue planted firmly inside your cheek
Originally Posted by 06black
Hi Rod!

i crave new news!
Hi Bryan, I am just waiting for the estimate to arrive. I was told it was ready for today.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Hi Bryan, I am just waiting for the estimate to arrive. I was told it was ready for today.
Let us know as soon as you do. If it's still a go, I'll be donating this tonight...

...had to wait for the tax return!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:25 PM

And which parts are you coveting?

I am thinking you have a tongue planted firmly inside your cheek

shoot me a call or somethin, I'll be outta the office tomorrow thus my forum reading will be diminished.

this is something i've wanted to hear, quite the nerve racking time.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:28 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Edubs
Let us know as soon as you do. If it's still a go, I'll be donating this tonight...

...had to wait for the tax return!

As soon as I know....

My tax refund should be here soon as well and you know where it is going

shoot me a call or somethin, I'll be outta the office tomorrow thus my forum reading will be diminished.

this is something i've wanted to hear, quite the nerve racking time.
I will call you and tell you the projected cost and the 'plan' that is ceing proposed.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:29 PM

good ****!

just talked to Kurt today actually, made me think of u!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:31 PM

i just assumed this thing would have been done by now no offence
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

good ****!

just talked to Kurt today actually, made me think of u!
I talked to Kurt earlier this week but I was too afraid to ask "how much" for the engine fully dressed.
I am thinking that I may as well just get it, the shock, all in one shot.

i just assumed this thing would have been done by now no offence
Apparently, you haven't visited this thread for a while or clicked on the link to my site (in mine and others signatures) and read the story.
I'll bet even a certain, nameless company, has read the articles over on my site.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 05-14-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-14-2009, 04:37 PM

Apparently, you haven't visited this thread for a while or clicked on the link to my site (in mine and others signatures) and read the story.
I'll bet even a certain, nameless company, has read the articles over on my site.
I kinda was readin a bit but I'm sorry to hear that you arent finished with it man
Old 05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

I kinda was readin a bit but I'm sorry to hear that you arent finished with it man
Thanks, I was hoping it would have been done long ago too.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:01 PM

Thanks, I was hoping it would have been done long ago too.
I just read the whole thing man I am so sorry to hear that, and I thought all the money I lost on my build after I blew up was bad holy crap 200k man, if you lived closer we couldve just done everything in my driveway a day at a time

ooo and the funny part is I got rear ended the other week and it was by a cop so my tranny went then haha thats just to add to the list of **** thats happend with my car

Last edited by *TRIX*; 05-14-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-14-2009, 05:12 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

I just read the whole thing man I am so sorry to hear that, and I thought all the money I lost on my build after I blew up was bad holy crap 200k man, if you lived closer we couldve just done everything in my driveway a day at a time

ooo and the funny part is I got rear ended the other week and it was by a cop so my tranny went then haha thats just to add to the list of **** thats happend with my car
Funny you should mention getting rear ended. I drove the wife to work and we passed the spot where my brand new Cobalt was rear ended for the 'first' time. I told the wife that if someone rear ends the car after all this work, I am going to lose it on the driver. She said I should post a warning sign on the back of my car. I told her that then I would get hit for sure, as some idiot tried to read the sign.

The pain of all I have been through has been made worse because of the trust I gave to the shop you ripped me off. If I had been $200,000. and it was done & racing around, I would have accepted the hard lessons I learnt. Now, I am a long ways away from done, I am majorly pissed off and I need to still cover the remaining cost + legal fees.
I am going to do all I can to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else in the future, for either big or small projects. It will take some time, and I am likely never going to be able to retire, but I (and my wife) will get through this.

As you mentioned, sometimes the list of of crap we go through for our cars gets worse instead of better. For you and I, I hope the better is around the corner.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Damn mike(trix), random appearence on the net after mia for a year
Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
Damn mike(trix), random appearence on the net after mia for a year
Better missing than dead

The planned update has been postponed for today .

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 05-14-2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-15-2009, 09:49 AM

I await the update.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:07 PM

come on, out with it man!
Old 05-16-2009, 06:00 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by damien
I await the update.
Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
come on, out with it man!
I am waiting just as you are

I was told it was ready then late Thursday I was told that after double checking, the estimate/plan, that they needed more time.

On top of that it is a long weekend up here so it looks like Tuesday is going to be the earliest I can give an update. Sorry
Old 05-20-2009, 01:10 PM

I see the donations are up.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:22 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by XM15
I see the donations are up.
Yes they are up, part of that being my tax refund which I promised to add to the total. Sadly that was done before I got the bad news last night.

UPDATE

WARNING: Death of the Project Looming

It with a heavy burden that I must announce that it seems like the death of this project may come within the next week or so.

After talking with the Powell Motor Sport about the cost of completing the project, I have to seriously consider that the dream is likely about to die a painful death. Last night I was given the shocking news that we are looking at approximately another $80,000.00(USD) to finish the project. That dollar amount does not include the cost of my pending legal case with the previous main shop.
I wish I could say, no big deal, let’s get her done but even I am not that crazy/insane/stupid. I have never mentioned this before but I have been willing to spend another $40,000.00 (USD) to see this through to the end. You can see that I am way short of the total money needed.

I have found encouragement from the support of many people on several forums and more than a dozen people have contributed to the fund raiser. I have had other people say that they are willing to donate once they know for sure the project will be continuing.

It is at this point that I must make a plea for everyone who cares to make an effort to help out as soon as possible. It really is now up to all of those who say they want to see this finished to add to the $40K that I will put up for the project. Without your help, the project dies.

I have been told by many people that I deserve to be in this position for being stupid enough to spend this money on a Cobalt. Obviously, you are not the people I am appealing to for help in this fund raiser.

For those people who are considering to help with the fund raiser, I promise you that should you donate (or have already donated) and then the project be killed off, I will refund all of your money via PayPal.
So far to date there is $2300. (USD) sitting in the account for this project. Part of that donation money is actually from my ’09 tax refund, which went directly to the project as I had mentioned it would.

The plan for the car, should the project die, is gut wrenching to say the least. I will fly back to Toronto and remove easily sellable parts and then have a wrecker come get the car. From there I will go to the yard to ensure that it is put in the car crusher. This is my one chance to have a car like this and if my dream dies after 3 years of agony, then I will personally push the button to make sure no one else has the fun I never will in this car.

I have lost so much sleep lately and last night was one of the worst. I do hope that it gets better and that you who read this will help spread word of the urgency of this fund raiser. With a significant number of people giving small amounts we should be able to pull this off. I have told the shop of how much I can come up with and we are now approximately $37,700.00(USD) short. In these economical times that is no small amount. While donations started off strong, they have really cooled down over the past 2 weeks. I wish I could say I had this all under control but this is no longer in my hands.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I only wish I had more encouraging news for everyone.

Rod

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 05-20-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:36 PM

The plan for the car, should the project die, is gut wrenching to say the least. I will fly back to Toronto and remove easily sellable parts and then have a wrecker come get the car. From there I will go to the yard to ensure that it is put in the car crusher. This is my one chance to have a car like this and if my dream dies after 3 years of agony, then I will personally push the button to make sure no one else has the fun I never will in this car.
not being stupid or anything but this paragraph made me tear up a little bit.

it really sucks that it has come to this. i swear to you that once my financial situation gets better i will donate to the fund raiser. i, for one, would absolutely love to see this project get done, hell i'd take a road trip to see you run it at the track. you sincerely deserve to have the project completely finished. i wish you the best of luck, i have the up most respect for you.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:43 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
not being stupid or anything but this paragraph made me tear up a little bit.

it really sucks that it has come to this. i swear to you that once my financial situation gets better i will donate to the fund raiser. i, for one, would absolutely love to see this project get done, hell i'd take a road trip to see you run it at the track. you sincerely deserve to have the project completely finished. i wish you the best of luck, i have the up most respect for you.
That is how I am feeling most of the time right now.

The other feelings I am having are best not published on the internet
Old 05-20-2009, 01:48 PM

Holy ****.............................................. ...........

after the trip there, the weekend of awesome as i call it, i could see this happening. there was just so much left to do, and so much money already wasted.

Rod this is almost sickening to hear, i honestly can not imagine being put in this situation.

we have 39453 signed up on this forum, if we guess at saying half of them are active, were left with 19,726 people.

1885 people @ $20 each, makes this happen. (9.6% of the active people)

3,770 people @ 10 each, makes this happen. (19.1% of the active people)

7,400 people @ $5 each, makes this happen. (38% of the active people)

i hope people can step up for this dream, for this innovator, for this ground breaker.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:54 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Holy ****.............................................. ...........

after the trip there, the weekend of awesome as i call it, i could see this happening. there was just so much left to do, and so much money already wasted.

Rod this is almost sickening to hear, i honestly can not imagine being put in this situation.
Last night was the first time I ever contemplated ki......

we have 39453 signed up on this forum, if we guess at saying half of them are active, were left with 19,726 people.

1885 people @ $20 each, makes this happen. (9.6% of the active people)

3,770 people @ 10 each, makes this happen. (19.1% of the active people)

7,400 people @ $5 each, makes this happen. (38% of the active people)

i hope people can step up for this dream, for this innovator, for this ground breaker.
Thanks Bryan, I too am hoping against all odds that this can happen.

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD