2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:38 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by denlou
Originally Posted by Billy Baldone
Could someone please give me the cliffs on this saga.Because the way I have loosely followed this it has been a huge money pit that someone got in way over their head on, and started asking for donations to build.Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.
That pretty much sums it up...
No that doesn't sum it up at all. You chose to leave out the part where JBP ripped me off, where JBP 'engineered' nothing but garbage parts which didn't work and cost a fortune. You chose to leave out where I trusted JBP and parts that were paid for were never even purchased. You chose to leave out where I was way over charged thousands of $$$ by another company to do a half assed and unsafe job on my chassis. You then left out where another company was supposed to help me out but did nothing for 5 months and then with out explanation decided to just say $100,000. to complete the project. You chose to leave out the parts where many parts were purchased based on JBP's plan then had to be sold off at a huge loss because they were never really needed or suitable for the project.

After all of that, you then left out that the idea of donations was never my suggestion but the suggestion of several members who actually took the time to follow the project and witness the bullshit that I had to endure. It was the very people who suggested the donation idea that then went on and donated. In fact if someone wants to sift through all of the posts around Feb-Mar '09 you will see how the donation idea was first mentioned. In fact the donations were only one of several offers I had for the crap that has gone on. I had several military members offer to deal with my largest problem by certain military means (I really should have said yes). Then there were the 5 USA members who drove all the way from the US to help remove my project fron JBP's. One member even drove from Kansas City to help. You see some people have enjoyed following this project, some have gone way out of their way to support the project and others have just chosen to take shots at it.

As for the cost, it is far higher than what it ever should have been. I trusted people and I have paid dearly for that trust.

Will I post the cost again? No. What benifit would that bring?

For those who have followed and enjoyed the good parts of this project, thank you, we are closer than we ever have been.

For those who enjoy mocking the project and all the wasted money that could have been spent on anything but a Cobalt, you are entitled to your opinion but I don't really care as I have heard it all before over the last 56 months. Then again, please feel free to let me know when you have a street car that is willing to race me at the track. You better run faster than 8.5 seconds (my limit due to my roll cage).

Originally Posted by KillinKrullin
Glad to see this is still moving, my friend that's not even on the forum nor does he own a cobalt was inquiring on the status of this project.
Your friend isn't alone as I have many people from other forums who are enjoying this project, especially when we are able to make significant strides forward.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 01-24-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Then again, please feel free to let me know when you have a street car that is willing to race me at the track. You better run faster than 8.5 seconds (my limit due to my roll cage).:p
Well there's an 8 second twin turbo Viper that would gladly run with you if you ever came out to Saskatchewan.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Well there's an 8 second twin turbo Viper that would gladly run with you if you ever came out to Saskatchewan.
But that isn't your's which misses the point
Old 01-24-2011, 10:18 PM

But that isn't your's which misses the point
I miss the point because I don't own it?

You miss the point, I KNOW this guy owns his Viper, last I checked the bank owns your car.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:18 PM

I cant wait to see this done. I have always thought about what all it would take to convert the cobalt to a rear wheel drive. You chose to go all out dragster style. If i were to do it i would try and keep it as streetable as possible. I think it would be sweet to design it to look like a factory cobalt pulling into a show, then leave the parking lot sideways lol would leave some people scratching thier heads. My idea was to use a solstice style rear end by fabing mounts and brakets to bolt it in using the factory mount we have, the trunk would prolly have to be cut out and re welded in differently, turning the motor side ways and using a solstice tranny, and desigining my own custom motor mounts. I just wasnt sure how far back i could push the motor back before i had to cut the firewall cause i wanted to keep the body as factory as possible. The wiring would be a breeze may have to extend a few lines here or there but would have to redisign the charge piping and would like to go with a custom manifold to put the turbo over the fenderwell..... but i would have to be ready to drop at least $10,000 into the whole project to do it right and that doesnt seem to match my budget right now lol
Old 01-24-2011, 10:29 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by silverbullet08
I cant wait to see this done. I have always thought about what all it would take to convert the cobalt to a rear wheel drive. You chose to go all out dragster style. If i were to do it i would try and keep it as streetable as possible. I think it would be sweet to design it to look like a factory cobalt pulling into a show, then leave the parking lot sideways lol would leave some people scratching thier heads. My idea was to use a solstice style rear end by fabing mounts and brakets to bolt it in using the factory mount we have, the trunk would prolly have to be cut out and re welded in differently, turning the motor side ways and using a solstice tranny, and desigining my own custom motor mounts. I just wasnt sure how far back i could push the motor back before i had to cut the firewall cause i wanted to keep the body as factory as possible. The wiring would be a breeze may have to extend a few lines here or there but would have to redisign the charge piping and would like to go with a custom manifold to put the turbo over the fenderwell..... but i would have to be ready to drop at least $10,000 into the whole project to do it right and that doesnt seem to match my budget right now lol
The plans you mentioned are the right way to go about doing a rwd conversion. If you ever go to do it, don't let anyone change your mind. That plan is a lot more simple than the way I went. If I could turn back the clock I wouldn't have people like the quoted post below always wanting to take a shot at my project.

I miss the point because I don't own it?

You miss the point, I KNOW this guy owns his Viper, last I checked the bank owns your car.
My point was if want to pick on the project/me for all that has gone wrong go a head but at the end of the day I will at least have my really fast car so I don't have to talk about the fast cars my friends have. Mistakes have been made in this project and I live with them. That doesn't mean I have forgotten who treated me badly.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:41 PM

Alright, well once you ACTUALLY get this car running and plated and get through ICBC's **** safety inspections for structural integrity then I might be able to let the overspending slip.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Alright, well once you ACTUALLY get this car running and plated and get through ICBC's **** safety inspections for structural integrity then I might be able to let the overspending slip.
Fair enough.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:07 AM

Hey Rod! Good to see this is still moving along. Glad this hasnt given you or your wife a heart attack or put you into a phsyc ward by now hahaha.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:13 AM

Fair enough.
Hey bud, glad to see things are still coming along. No offense intended, but would you be against just putting in a stock lsx to save the cash to get it on the road? We all realize you want to make sure everything is perfect, but now that it's to the point of possibly selling it, wouldn't that cut a huge chunk of expense out?

Then down the road you can continue to build the new motor and just slip it in it's place. It'd give you a good way to get some of the things dialed in that you need it on the track to test.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:08 PM

he's not selling it. you didn't read.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by JL-KA
he's not selling it. you didn't read.
I've read over the last few months things going back and forth because of new information. You read that too right? Well taking some risk out seems like a good way to solidify the future of this car.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:58 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
Hey Rod! Good to see this is still moving along. Glad this hasnt given you or your wife a heart attack or put you into a physc ward by now hahaha.
Pshyc ward I can handle, castaration is a different story.

Originally Posted by iroc mitch
Hey bud, glad to see things are still coming along. No offense intended, but would you be against just putting in a stock lsx to save the cash to get it on the road? We all realize you want to make sure everything is perfect, but now that it's to the point of possibly selling it, wouldn't that cut a huge chunk of expense out?

Then down the road you can continue to build the new motor and just slip it in it's place. It'd give you a good way to get some of the things dialed in that you need it on the track to test.
That makes good sense but the parts for the build were paid for a long time ago. The engine builder is also giving me a great price on building the engine because he sympathizes with my past headaches. The issue will be some of the other work that I need to do or rely on help with. I am feeling more confident that we can do this with in the next 2 months.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:35 PM

hey rod, you could shovel snow for a few xtra bucks!!!!
j/k.

cheers and good luck with the immediate future.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:41 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by firestorm
hey rod, you could shovel snow for a few xtra bucks!!!!j/k.

cheers and good luck with the immediate future.
I live in Lotus Land for a reason

I guess that supercharger isn't doing any good right now, is it Mr. Supercharged Camaro SS. I love it when Edmonton gets snowed on because I no longer live there.

I am hoping the rest of this project has next to no more hiccups.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 01-29-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:25 AM

Wouldn't that be nice. I hope you knocked on every piece of wood in a 5 mile radius after typing that.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:23 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by JL-KA
Wouldn't that be nice. I hope you knocked on every piece of wood in a 5 mile radius after typing that.
I didn't knock on every piece, just the biggest piece.....my head.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:02 AM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dammnnnn it's been a while since i've checked this thread!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:28 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I didn't knock on every piece, just the biggest piece.....my head.
You mean your teeth right
Old 01-30-2011, 12:19 PM

I live in Lotus Land for a reason

I guess that supercharger isn't doing any good right now, is it Mr. Supercharged Camaro SS. I love it when Edmonton gets snowed on because I no longer live there.

I am hoping the rest of this project has next to no more hiccups.
You and me both! Im glad you still have the berries/wife to complete this thing! Watched over this thread for along time, Did you atleast knock twice on your head? Just to make sure?
Old 01-30-2011, 05:55 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by YelloEye
You mean your teeth right
I am not quite that old as I was born shortly after wooden false teeth stopped being made.

Originally Posted by thedubsack85
You and me both! Im glad you still have the berries/wife to complete this thing! Watched over this thread for along time, Did you atleast knock twice on your head? Just to make sure?
I have beating my head against a wall for 56 months now, does that count?
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

man they are all 100% correct in bashing you. just think, the money and man hours invested in this project could have been much better spent by building something for me
Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
man they are all 100% correct in bashing you. just think, the money and man hours invested in this project could have been much better spent by building something for me
I will tell you what, get the appropriate NHRA license, fly up here and I will let you drive it down the dragstrip for $200. per run. That run/cost ratio is way better than what I am paying.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:13 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I am not quite that old as I was born shortly after wooden false teeth stopped being made.
Thought you and Lincoln were buddies
Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 PM

my wife laughs at your dig on me, i am however, sad as you atm.
i shall have a smile on in 8 weeks.

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD