2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 04:00 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
What is the subscription package besides cloud based storage? I’m not going to use the cloud and I am looking to dump some other subscriptions so I’m guessing it’s not something that I really need.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:05 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
Unlimited Cloud Storage, Premium Editing Tools, "Big Discounts" on GoPro.com, Live Streaming, and No Questions Asked Camera Replacement (2 cameras per year limit).

Not really worth it for the casual user.
The following users liked this post:
victory_red_SS (08-17-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 07:54 PM

Received 533 Likes on 457 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
I was looking at the ad for the Hero 8 and I saw all of the mods for the GoPro, just what I needed, another bad habit. Next thing you know Blackie will get me hooked on the Chemical Brothers detailing kick.

The upside is that I can use it for the car as well as our snorkeling trips in Hawaii and I already have plenty of large micro SD cards.
Haha right? I think the suction cup or the handle bar/roll bar clamp would be best for your case. Although for snorkelling and that you'll need the "selfie stick".
What is the subscription package besides cloud based storage? I’m not going to use the cloud and I am looking to dump some other subscriptions so I’m guessing it’s not something that I really need.
Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
Unlimited Cloud Storage, Premium Editing Tools, "Big Discounts" on GoPro.com, Live Streaming, and No Questions Asked Camera Replacement (2 cameras per year limit).
Not really worth it for the casual user.
This, except the bundle deal you get does make the camera $30 (+tax) cheaper. I would cancel the subscription when that year is up.
The following users liked this post:
victory_red_SS (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 06:24 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

After spending some time looking at the different options it seems to me that if I buy the camera with a subscription, I can then get a 30% discount to buy different 'mods' instead of buying those things in a bundle. I could then, as suggested, just cancel my subscription before the renewal date. I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger because I'm trying to see if other cameras can offer the basics of what I need but so far I have only found cameras that come just short of the go pro. My big thing is that I only want to do this once as I'm not wanting to keep 'upgrading' especially at the cost of the technology.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:07 AM

Received 839 Likes on 736 Posts
Def take your time in picking a camera, gopro usually drops a new camera around Sept-Nov time frame so you might be able to get a deal on a new one or a good deal on a used one.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:09 AM

We are closing in at the end of the year so some deals should be happening.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:20 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

I would also be watching for Classified Ads - Facebook Marketplace, etc. Why buy new when you can buy used?
Old 08-18-2021, 08:27 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

I will definitely take all of your advice and look for deals/specials/used cameras before I make my choice. The wife informed me yesterday that out furnace died in the spring. I heard her say that we needed a new furnace, the old on is 45 years old, but she just guessed I would figure out she meant the old one was done. Time for me to get some quotes.

The good news today is that the engine is now home and now the good stuff starts. Even better news was that when I picked up the engine, Jim, shop owner, never had the money conversation with me. I have paid lots of $ and did lots of painting at his shop and house, with more slated to be done soon. It was a great thing knowing that he valued all of the work I put in for him which I was happy to do.

I will strip it down on the weekend preparing it to go back into the car. There is no room for it to go into the engine bay with everything on the front. Strip it down, install and start the process of making it a complete drivetrain. I'm really happy to be at this point. I had a bit of a pain trying to get into the truck box. My electric tailgate did not have the power to lift it all of the way up so we had to put a sling on the engine and use a fork lift to get it into the truck. I have a set of used tires in the truck box and we set it down on one of those, with blocks supporting the back weight. once it was all settled I tied it down on all 4 corners with ratchet straps. The guys at the engine shop were busy dealing with a customers Frankenstein engine (built at home) but 2 other customers took the time to help me get the engine into the truck. On a side note, one of those guys drove up in an all numbers matching '70 Cuda 340 6 pack w/4 speed. It was in great shape and a real treat to see.

When I got home, my next door neighbor came home and then help me move the engine into the trailer and onto the engine stand. Everyone's help yesterday helped me a lot and I couldn't have timed it better. On another side note, my neighbor showed me his '70 Cuda (in pieces for now) convertible 318 version. When it's ready he's hoping that I will paint it for him but we'll see how my paint job turns out first.

Here is a picture of my baby sitting at home.

The race engine is home.
The following 4 users liked this post by victory_red_SS:
5-Speed (08-18-2021), michael23v (08-18-2021), ProfDNS (08-18-2021), Tylink720 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 11:22 AM

Man that belt is massive, but so is the whole thing!
Old 08-18-2021, 12:58 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by ProfDNS
Man that belt is massive, but so is the whole thing!
Go big or go home, right

Besides, that little supercharger is good for 35lbs of boost which is why I went with cog not serpentine.
Old 08-18-2021, 01:02 PM

Received 291 Likes on 268 Posts
I will definitely take all of your advice and look for deals/specials/used cameras before I make my choice. The wife informed me yesterday that out furnace died in the spring. I heard her say that we needed a new furnace, the old on is 45 years old, but she just guessed I would figure out she meant the old one was done. Time for me to get some quotes.

The good news today is that the engine is now home and now the good stuff starts. Even better news was that when I picked up the engine, Jim, shop owner, never had the money conversation with me. I have paid lots of $ and did lots of painting at his shop and house, with more slated to be done soon. It was a great thing knowing that he valued all of the work I put in for him which I was happy to do.

I will strip it down on the weekend preparing it to go back into the car. There is no room for it to go into the engine bay with everything on the front. Strip it down, install and start the process of making it a complete drivetrain. I'm really happy to be at this point. I had a bit of a pain trying to get into the truck box. My electric tailgate did not have the power to lift it all of the way up so we had to put a sling on the engine and use a fork lift to get it into the truck. I have a set of used tires in the truck box and we set it down on one of those, with blocks supporting the back weight. once it was all settled I tied it down on all 4 corners with ratchet straps. The guys at the engine shop were busy dealing with a customers Frankenstein engine (built at home) but 2 other customers took the time to help me get the engine into the truck. On a side note, one of those guys drove up in an all numbers matching '70 Cuda 340 6 pack w/4 speed. It was in great shape and a real treat to see.

When I got home, my next door neighbor came home and then help me move the engine into the trailer and onto the engine stand. Everyone's help yesterday helped me a lot and I couldn't have timed it better. On another side note, my neighbor showed me his '70 Cuda (in pieces for now) convertible 318 version. When it's ready he's hoping that I will paint it for him but we'll see how my paint job turns out first.

Here is a picture of my baby sitting at home.

The race engine is home.
Both of those cars are worth some coin! Love the Cuda's! Glad to see the motor is home and you are nearing the end Rod!
Old 08-18-2021, 08:12 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by BlackielawlessSS
Both of those cars are worth some coin! Love the Cuda's! Glad to see the motor is home and you are nearing the end Rod!
They are nice cars, I have always liked the Cuda.

I'm glad to have the motor home too because it really is a big milestone and gives me plenty of incentive to put in all of the extra hours needed.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:14 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

I’m making progress and this was part of the puzzle that I put together this morning at 4 am

Guess what gets bolted on today after work.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:50 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

lol, that's an insane puzzle piece you've got there.

Also, how old are those tires? I feel like I haven't seen that pattern in about 10 years. Those are the BFGoodrich G-force T/A KDW tires, right?
Old 12-07-2021, 08:06 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

lol, that's an insane puzzle piece you've got there.

Also, how old are those tires? I feel like I haven't seen that pattern in about 10 years. Those are the BFGoodrich G-force T/A KDW tires, right?
Those tires have been here for too long but they're for going to the street legals next year. They are Mickey Thomson Sportsman radials. I have them on the back too but the back ones aren't tall enough to fill the space in the rear wheel wells, so they will be smoke show only.

For anyone else reading, I am making some great progress and I'll have a big update on the weekend. So far, I'm still getting away with not working on the house. I hope that lasts through this weekend.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:00 PM
South Central *********

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Haha ive KDW2 on mine still
Old 12-09-2021, 12:00 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Those tires have been here for too long but they're for going to the street legals next year. They are Mickey Thomson Sportsman radials. I have them on the back too but the back ones aren't tall enough to fill the space in the rear wheel wells, so they will be smoke show only.
Originally Posted by JapEatr
Just be careful with old tires; the compound gets hard and their characteristics become erratic. I had 10 year old tires on my Cobalt when I first got it back on the road. They still drove fine, but they gave ZERO warning before reaching their (greatly reduced) limit and traction fell off hard and fast. Things got super sketchy during hard braking or hard cornering a handful of times.

Old tires are like the #1 reason for crashed classic cars (big deal in the Viper community and others).
Old 12-09-2021, 12:04 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by JapEatr
The tread on those tires looks the same, obviously they work, I just haven’t had any road time in the decade since I bought them.

I had a misstep yesterday morning at 4:30 am as I was installing the tensioner for my S/C cog belt that became a 3 day delay and a $250. added expense. And the fun continues.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:07 PM

Just be careful with old tires; the compound gets hard and their characteristics become erratic. I had 10 year old tires on my Cobalt when I first got it back on the road. They still drove fine, but they gave ZERO warning before reaching their (greatly reduced) limit and traction fell off hard and fast. Things got super sketchy during hard braking or hard cornering a handful of times.

Old tires are like the #1 reason for crashed classic cars (big deal in the Viper community and others).
This is what killed Paul Walker, the Porsche had OEM tires that were +10 years old and did not hold on a turn they should have held without being anywhere near the limit.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:08 PM

The tread on those tires looks the same, obviously they work, I just haven’t had any road time in the decade since I bought them.

I had a misstep yesterday morning at 4:30 am as I was installing the tensioner for my S/C cog belt that became a 3 day delay and a $250. added expense. And the fun continues.
Damn that sucks man.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:12 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by ECaulk
Damn that sucks man.
I know and it’s all my fault because of one sentence I didn’t follow, apply a liberal amount of anti-seize to the 5” adjustment screw. At least Vortech had the parts in stock and they shipped it 2 day FedEx.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:13 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by ECaulk
This is what killed Paul Walker, the Porsche had OEM tires that were +10 years old and did not hold on a turn they should have held without being anywhere near the limit.
Yep. I was going to mention that too. It's a real issue with sports/super cars that don't see a lot of miles.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:14 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

So should I not use them for the street legal drags?
Old 12-09-2021, 12:18 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

I definitely would not use them on the drag strip. Casually driving around town or driving to the strip, sure... just have to always keep in mind that they're not what they once were.

They'll likely wear about 50% faster, as well.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:04 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

I definitely would not use them on the drag strip. Casually driving around town or driving to the strip, sure... just have to always keep in mind that they're not what they once were.

They'll likely wear about 50% faster, as well.
Thanks for the advice,

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD