2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Well...I think I'm done

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you really want a good car get a ferrari.. otherwise stop complaining
Old 09-05-2006, 10:09 PM

Honda civic < Cobalt SS/SC

It's my first car, and I wouldn't trade it for the world
Old 09-05-2006, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty Art
I haven't had any problems with mine. I love every second I drive my supercharged balt around. It gets the attention.
me either jsut minor problems but that a givein with any car...
Old 09-05-2006, 10:12 PM

Just go buy your Honda,dump another 10 grand into it and go away.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:21 PM

My 06 SS/SC has 37,000 miles on it, is relatively modded, gets the **** run out of it and still puts down between 34 and 38 mpg at 68mph on the highway. Not bad in my books. And by the way, I embarrased the hell out of a tricked out SRT4 down in Dayton Ohio (actually Fairborn). Did I mention that the car has never been back to the dealer except to get the stage 2 cal flashed. Oh yeah, with all the 9 and 10 second cars that you raced, what is your NHRA liscense number?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:37 PM
CSS

He just sounds to me like an old lady whining about "sqeeks and a bumpy ride". If you drive the **** outta a car it's going to act up. How smart is it to go to a site dedicated to a particular car, and bash it. You're gonna get flamed and wont recieve any back up.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:53 PM

i bought mt ss/sc in june 06'.. it was a 05 with about 5100mi. i really do love it. i thought i'd never beable to get outta my 03 cavy (with 70,000+ miles and never had a problem)without paying it off but i did and i was hooked from the first test drive. it does have a couple issues, jerky first gear, sunroof switch, and it hesitates but i just havent had time to take it to the dealer to get it fixed because they want to keep it overnite and its my only car. but other than that its fine, one of the smoothest cars ive been in i think thats why it may not have that seat of the pants feel that some buyer expect. mine doesnt get great gas mileage imo and GM could have built a faster car (maybe a bigger engine would help and a 6 speed) but i think its great to build off of and after some cash it'll be a fast ass car
Old 09-05-2006, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by CSS
He just sounds to me like an old lady whining about "sqeeks and a bumpy ride". If you drive the **** outta a car it's going to act up. How smart is it to go to a site dedicated to a particular car, and bash it. You're gonna get flamed and wont recieve any back up.

should have said that befor he got the one guy to agree with the poor quailty but ya sorry had to point that out
Old 09-05-2006, 10:58 PM

plus he got the car when the cobalt first came out...

anytime a car first comes out its usually a testing stage.... everything isnt going to be perfect

they perfect cars the more they make them

civics have been made for a long time so they are more reliable but ive never heard of a civic being 205 horses stock and definately havent heard of a civic being able to get over 1000 horses and less than a 10 second quarter mile (which a cobalt can)
Old 09-05-2006, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by soccer1061287
My 06 SS/SC has 37,000 miles on it, is relatively modded, gets the **** run out of it and still puts down between 34 and 38 mpg at 68mph on the highway. Not bad in my books. And by the way, I embarrased the hell out of a tricked out SRT4 down in Dayton Ohio (actually Fairborn). Did I mention that the car has never been back to the dealer except to get the stage 2 cal flashed. Oh yeah, with all the 9 and 10 second cars that you raced, what is your NHRA liscense number?

Wow....We'll the only time I did it on a track I was booted off (Milan). My liscense has since expired, but if you would like, since we live nearby you can bring whatever you want to a street race with me. I can't possibly have anything that fast.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Falcon Fixer
Just go buy your Honda,dump another 10 grand into it and go away.
Sorry to say it was no where near. But whatever...I don't hate these Cobalts, just mine.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by CSS

I'm not looking for back up. Just stating my personal experience with a car that has been babied since the day I got. I'm glad you guys like your cars, but the car I have is ****. There's been quite a few people on here who got sick of the issues with this car and sinced moved on.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by UnstableSS
some people are funny .. lets mod the car ..beat the crap outa it and complain when it breaks ... oh well
Dude, it's barely been touched. Never beaten on. EVERY isssue has been unrelated to my mods anyway. Were you not around the day they passed out brains?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:23 PM

Sounds like you figured out that you blew your lease by putting 18k miles on it in year and now your freaking out because you know that when you turn it in you get to give GM a big chunk of cash.That only holds if you have a standard lease though.But youre still just a whiner.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Above6k
Easy there son, I could've stepped into a slightly used SRT-4 for about 6 grand less. My point was I've had WAY too many problems with this car for what it is. Having driven my fair share of nine and ten second cars I never expected my Cobalt to be just that with 200 horsepower. But what good does all the power in the world do me if my car just can't seem to run with it? Maybe I got a lemon, really couldn't care less at this point. Fact stands, compared to ever other quick car i've driven, this thing has retained none of it's civility/reliabilty.
Sorry didn't mean to come off like an ******* but I did anyways. I guess you just had a bad run of luck with the car you got. I can see how that would put a damper on the car and GM for you in general. But your message had me convinced into thinking that you were totally mislead by what GM had to offer. Just saw it a different way, but no worries from my side.

But please don't call me son I prefer kiddo.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:15 AM

[ I leased my 06 SS/SC when they first came came out and have since put almost 18000 miles on it as a daily driver. My dad works for GM and when I needed a new car quick I got suckered into trying a GM car once more. Well, this will be the last one I will ever own sorry to say.

there in lies the whining problem...daddy works for gm......how old are you SON???

its an 06...i thought they cleared up all thise problems......
i have an 05 made in may of 05 on a damn monday (lol) that has had a wire harness burn thru twice because some ******* routed it wrong....but they fixed it along with the peeling trim pieces, all took 3 days, seperate but 3 days....no cost to me. car gets 30 mpg, what mpg do you call shitty....cause i got a 5.4 triton expedition that gets 13mpg and thats damn shitty!!!! brake pad wear is problematic on this car for everyone, and as far as the stock tires, how the hell is that gms fault??? i guess cause they put the tire of that class on the car....btw i got 32,000 miles on the stock rubber before swapping to the p zero m&s. sorry you had so much trouble with your ride....hope you find what your looking for in the future......
Old 09-06-2006, 07:52 AM

also have had tonnes of problems with the ss/sc. Its probably in there every 3 weeks as well.. Hell its in there right now, and Im driving a malibu (ugliest red i have ever seen)

Dont get me wrong.. i do love the cobalt, it is a absolute blast to drive, but paying for extra insurance on the rentals is gettin old pretty quick. I dont like honda's and a 4 door srt4 wasnt a option either.

Oh well. Live with it I guess.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Above6k
Easy there son, I could've stepped into a slightly used SRT-4 for about 6 grand less. My point was I've had WAY too many problems with this car for what it is. Having driven my fair share of nine and ten second cars I never expected my Cobalt to be just that with 200 horsepower. But what good does all the power in the world do me if my car just can't seem to run with it? Maybe I got a lemon, really couldn't care less at this point. Fact stands, compared to ever other quick car i've driven, this thing has retained none of it's civility/reliabilty.
first of all if u could have stepped into a srt-4 for 6 grand less 2 questions come to mind

1. how much were u getting jipped for your car
2. or how crappy was the srt u were looking at

cobalts run around 23 grand with no interest and srt-4 at about the time u bought ur cobalt would have ran around 20

23-20=3 did i add wrong??? that doesnt add up to 6 id pay 3 more grand for a brand new car that if anything goes wrong its either mine or the dealerships fault..
Old 09-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CbYellowSS
plus he got the car when the cobalt first came out...

anytime a car first comes out its usually a testing stage.... everything isnt going to be perfect

they perfect cars the more they make them

civics have been made for a long time so they are more reliable but ive never heard of a civic being 205 horses stock and definately havent heard of a civic being able to get over 1000 horses and less than a 10 second quarter mile (which a cobalt can)
There are more Hondas running less than a 10 second quarter mile than Cobalts.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:52 AM

I got into 3 accidents with my Cobalt and runs great, never had a problem other than my shifter but the gave me a new one. I drive my car like **** ask anyone that knows me in these boards. I get 12.1L/100km, I think that is kick ass fuel economy for someone that averages double the speed limit on daily driving, excluding highways I moderate at 180. The only noise I hear in my car is my loose change falling out of my pockets.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by rambo
really thats funny cuz there are probably 100 times more hondas out there than cobalts cuz hondas have been out forever and cobalts came out a few years ago
Old 09-06-2006, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by rambo
There are 2000 civics in Ottawa and like 12 SS/SCs No ****! But its still close.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by BLKSS
There are 2000 civics in Ottawa and like 12 SS/SCs No ****! But its still close.
tag team
Old 09-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Banned

really thats funny cuz there are probably 100 times more hondas out there than cobalts cuz hondas have been out forever and cobalts came out a few years ago
You said,...
and definately havent heard of a civic being able to get over 1000 horses and less than a 10 second quarter mile (which a cobalt can)
I was just informing you.

I don't see what the number of cars or when they came out has to do with how fast they can be made.

Either way, I informed you about something you didn't know, say thank you, and fanboi on!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLKSS
How does that make ANY sense??