2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Well...I think I'm done

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah. Well. Make sure you dont lease your next car. That way you can actually do something to it besides modify someone elses car.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stg2cobalt
my gf si gets better mpg than mine
Is that with your gf driving it? Because my girlfriends spec-v gets better gas milage than my car. But when she drives my car, she gets 2mpg better than i get with it.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
the banned guy is arguing again . What do you own rambo? If you dont have a cobalt then why are you on here trolling around?

let me ask you something slick, if we "cant" run mid 13's with his mods, why did he? You can use any excuse you want, but what you just said is not true. If someone ran 13.6 with little mods, then other people should be able to run mid 13's, considering WE ALL OWN THE SAME CAR!!

some people are better than others at launching, and that is what matters most. Perfect launches in the SS/SC= great 1/4mi times, period.

im not trying to say tofu cant be used, but was tofu using DR's for this because if he was you NEED to include this in his mods because DR's are one of the best mods you can get for better ET's.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by UnstableSS
"That's with a Stage II kit, tune, and 2.8 pulley....The Cobalt has never bested 13.74...bone-jarring ride in the Cobalt" Dont beat on it and not moded? whos missing he brains?

The issues I am having all showed up prior to it being modded. The exception being the cat going again, but that went at like 12000 when it was bone stock also. I don't think an occasional trip down the 1/4 mile equates to beating on a car. It was never powershifted, never made to suffer through ridiculous hop, and only taken out a few times. But hey, i'm sure you know this car better than I do. No one else has ever had any issues with it. And those who have must've surely beat it to ****. You work for GM?
Old 09-11-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
im not trying to say tofu cant be used, but was tofu using DR's for this because if he was you NEED to include this in his mods because DR's are one of the best mods you can get for better ET's.
Slightly deflated stock rubber on stock wheels. The SS/SC is a touchy vehicle to launch...it took me awhile to learn the sweet spot on mine.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:36 PM

i kinda agree with the thread starter, yes it is a great car, fast fun, and in most cases reliable, and its the baddest looking coupe iv seen in like 10 years. but its not all what i thought it would be. and the resale makes me want to cry. the week end i bought it i was bored and wanted to go drive some cars. took it to a mazda dealership with 101 miles on it and they said theyl give me 8500 on an Rx8...come on. i see my car as a lever. itl get me into the door of some bigger, more powerfull cars. i love it to death and will never say that it was bad to me. but in the long run i feel im just going to trade it up for something better----but no rush, il take my time and itl hold me over till 09 if you know what drops that year......
Old 09-11-2006, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSS-supercharged
i kinda agree with the thread starter, yes it is a great car, fast fun, and in most cases reliable, and its the baddest looking coupe iv seen in like 10 years. but its not all what i thought it would be. and the resale makes me want to cry. the week end i bought it i was bored and wanted to go drive some cars. took it to a mazda dealership with 101 miles on it and they said theyl give me 8500 on an Rx8...come on. i see my car as a lever. itl get me into the door of some bigger, more powerfull cars. i love it to death and will never say that it was bad to me. but in the long run i feel im just going to trade it up for something better----but no rush, il take my time and itl hold me over till 09 if you know what drops that year......
Yeah I took my car to Carmax just for the heck of it about two months after purchasing...it was immaculate, better looking than when I had purchased it. And they offered me $13k w/ 1100 miles on it.

It was good for a laugh.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tofu
Yeah I took my car to Carmax just for the heck of it about two months after purchasing...it was immaculate, better looking than when I had purchased it. And they offered me $13k w/ 1100 miles on it.

It was good for a laugh.
ouch... man i want to get rid of mine once warranty is up... I have never had a car have so many problems i wonder if checvy could have done any worse of a job when assembling this pos. Don't get me wrong I still love my car and take care of it but that dosn't change the fact that the car loves to break.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by savior
if you really want a good car get a ferrari.. otherwise stop complaining

What you just said... makes no sence. A ferrari is for spegetti eatin pussies that want the sound of a superbike but are too scared to wear leathers and a helmet. Especially over here in the states. I rarely see a Ferrari, and when I do it's usually at a Chevrolet dealerchip being worked on because it's got another leak somewhere. A ferrari is a expensive Yugo. Period. Guys afraid to drive it, its' seals crack, stuff leaks, he bitches, GM fixes it.

Now in Eurpoe however they drive the **** outta them, but they also have a lot of mechanical issues becasue the car is overladen with electronic crap. Traction control, ignition cuts during shifting to smooth and quicken said shifts (i'd hate to see the programing used on that one. *shudders*) Ferrari needs to cut the electronic BS, build a motor that would put the RB26Dett to shame and then they can brag about being the best. I will give them credit in one place though, they make a wonderful chassis. That's about it.

Now as for Above's Cobalt. He got a lemon, there's no doubt he ran it hard. He ran it like a built honda and it broke. Its' a stock car built to be driven sanely. He had clutch problems? He must have ran it hard or wasn't able to learn how to get it going from a stop then. Now as for the ride obviously he didnt' take into account how harsh 18's ride. A good example is dodge's ram with the optional 20s. I was test driving one a while back with my father adn we ran one with 20s and it about killed us with how harsh the ride was because EVERY bump went straight to your ass. Unliek wiht a set of 17s on his older ram and it rode buchboard stuff, but the smaller stuff the high profiles tires absorbed. Unlike teh low profile 20s.

I like the delta chassis cars. Once I get my financials straightened out I will get one. Maybe in 08, maybe a 07, I dunno, but at this point one looks very attractive to me. The only other car I might consider is a WRX or a 2.5RS, and thats because I wont ever have to worry about weather with it. If the cobalt goes AWD with the SS I'd pay 30K for one without blinking.

As for the people having issues, the cobalt first and foremost is a upscale ECONOMY car. Dont expect unmatched reliability, it's not built like that, its' built with the bottom line in mind, not the racetrack. Sure tehy made a wonderful handeling chassis (within a pricepoint). The car has a good interior, for it's price. And it looks damn nice to boot. Its' a good car, but some people have to remember what it is first. A econobox. Not bashing here, that's just what it is. Now with economy cars tehy make them to be cheap, "attach wire a to point a and move on, and make sure you do that 5000 times a day. If you miss wire a a few times no biggie worker." Thats what happens, people **** up. YOu can't expect perfection on a assembly line. There are the occasional fuckups. I accept that face and if I ever get a lemon I'll want out of it too. If you keep going in for warrenty work though, dont' bitch, least GM is willing to fix what worker 43950 missed for nothing. They coudl always drop warrenties altogether and sell as is. For a huge drop in price of course.