2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

what do i need to do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do i need to do?

guys i am thinking about gettin the twincharge kit for my car, what and all do i need to do to make everything in the motor strong enough to run everything smooth....i've got the stage 6 kit from cobalt addiction right now and a few other things like cai, header, exhaust, jbp control arm bushing and poly trans mounts....but i definently want the twin charge kit from hahns....i just need to prep the motor up right ...so any suggestions would be helpful
Old 06-16-2007, 08:09 AM

One of the obvious is going to be at least forged pistons. I'm not sure how the turbo bolts up but you might have to lose that header, and if you have a down pipe that too. I guess it all depends on how fast you want to go and how fat your wallet is. If you do pistons you'll have the head off, I guess port it while it's off, why not cams when it's off too, then more tuning? See how easy $$ can get spent?
Old 06-16-2007, 05:02 PM

oh yea it just takes a sec to spend alot of money, but thats not that big of deal right now, i just want my car fast and right.....it runs good now but would like to see it run better
Old 06-16-2007, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by moose
oh yea it just takes a sec to spend alot of money, but thats not that big of deal right now, i just want my car fast and right.....it runs good now but would like to see it run better
twincharging is a bad idea if you just wanna go fast.

get the hahn turbo swap. it's good for 320+ whp on stock internals
Old 06-16-2007, 05:29 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by moose
guys i am thinking about gettin the twincharge kit for my car, what and all do i need to do to make everything in the motor strong enough to run everything smooth....i've got the stage 6 kit from cobalt addiction right now and a few other things like cai, header, exhaust, jbp control arm bushing and poly trans mounts....but i definently want the twin charge kit from hahns....i just need to prep the motor up right ...so any suggestions would be helpful
Please refer to the quote from Hahn, as to why you need to reconsider your desire for twincharging.

Originally Posted by EcoBoost
Hi everyone!

Let me begin by offering an update on our progress to date with the TwinCharger system. I've worked on this on and off for over a year now, and while it's been extremely educational, I am unwilling to release it to the public in its current state. Why, you may ask? Well...it's just not ready for prime time, in that there are a number of rough edges that I have run out of time to smooth out. I'm a madman for details that make our products exceptional, and this one's just not up to snuff. For now, I've moved it to the back burner while we develop other systems we consider to be more viable.

For competitive reasons, I am tight lipped about just what I don't like about it. Suffice to say, we've come to a point in the development process where we are doubting that the complexity and cost of the final result will be justified by the results achieved. I think I have better work to do with this car series, work that is only being delayed by continuing to flog this (admittedly bizarre) solution. So, mothballs for now. Will it return? With the discontinuation of the supercharged car looming, the chances grow dim.

As some of you may have seen on these pages recently, our 2.4 turbosystem is most definitely ready for prime time! I agonized about releasing this system, for it was my sworn intention to get the TwinCharger out there first...since it was started first, and I didn't want to start 'camp wars' between the 2.0 SC and 2.4 groups, I delayed the intro of the 2.4 systems for quite some time. But, as many of you may also know, we've attained significant success with the 2.4 in our Solstice/Sky turbosystem line, and I could not hold back on the 2.4 'Balts any longer.

So, while we did manage to get some tasty exhaust components out there for you SC guys, the next product to emerge will be...the all-turbo conversion. We've been quietly advancing this setup, and will have systems ready for the public this summer.

I'd request you folks to ask questions on this new 2.0 turbo setup, and I will answer those that I can. I humbly request your patience with me should I decline to answer a particular question for reasons of competitive secrecy.

As for the #4 cylinder issue...my opinion is this. The problem is the #4 cylinder running leaner than the others!!

Wow! What a revelation, eh? Ah, but here's the rub...it's not getting less fuel. It's getting...more air. The design of the 2.0 SC intake manifold is simultaneously a packaging feat and an airflow disaster. I give props to the engineers who packed so many items into such a tight space, but they never intended it for much more than stock airflow, and I find it to be one of the most convoluted, odd flowing pieces I've ever come across.

Let's start here. Your turn!
This quote is from https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/hahn-racecraft-124/hahnracecraft-update-2-0-turbo-twincharger-63138/
Old 06-16-2007, 10:29 PM

were is a good place to get a complete turbo kit for the car at?
Old 06-16-2007, 10:47 PM

hahn racecraft
Old 06-16-2007, 11:35 PM

Twin charge is good for originality and shows. But since there is a kit made, it kinda takes the WOW factor out. Wanna see something thats wow, go to jbody.org and look up John F I think thats his name... he twincharged a sunfire...that was sweet.