2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Wideband

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wideband

I'm about to install my wideband. Can anybody do a "how-to"? I searched, but came up empty. Also, can anyone tell me what the pink, black,brown, and grey wire are for on the stock boost gauge? I want to set-up my power going through those wires. Any help or suggestions?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Bannned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
make sure you have an extra o2 bung on your dp. once you do, throw in your wideband sensor there. now run those wires up through your engine and into the hole right above the brake pedal. there is a rubber thing there, just pull it out and you can run your wires in here. now run those wires from the sensor through here and up behind your dash. take out the compartment right below your trunk opening button. use this hole pull the wires up. that is the hard part. now all you have to do is install the wide band in the pillar and make all the conncections to the back. take the red wire from your wideband and connect it to your old boost guage red wire for power. then take your black wire from your wideband and ground it somewhere. anything metal on the car.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by TxLonghorn#1
I'm about to install my wideband. Can anybody do a "how-to"? I searched, but came up empty. Also, can anyone tell me what the pink, black,brown, and grey wire are for on the stock boost gauge? I want to set-up my power going through those wires. Any help or suggestions?
I believe those wires are ground, signal wire and dimmer control. They are all important to keep intact.
I'd avoid using those wires for powering your wideband. Can you get a fuse tap? I'd recommend using a fuse tap or add-a-fuse device and putting it directly in the fuse box. I'd recommend using the sunroof or onstar slots.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Bannned

if its not red or black, they are auxilary wires. they are used for hp tuners
Old 04-20-2008, 12:58 PM

DONT!!!!! i powered mine threw the pink and black on the stock gauge and i dont know how it did it but for some reason when i would turn my key off the engine would keep running till i pulled my key all the way out of the ignition but after i unplugged from the stock gauge and ran it normaly it didnt do that so..... if you tap into those it could mess up
Old 04-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Bannned

^^ huh?
Old 04-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by ColeJJones
^^ huh?
read the ENTIRE first post....that'll help out....alot
Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Bannned

i was just saying huh cause that didnt make any sense. didnt happen to me. this happen to anyone else?
Old 04-20-2008, 01:11 PM

i was just saying huh cause that didnt make any sense. didnt happen to me. this happen to anyone else?
witch part didnt make any sense?
Old 04-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Bannned

when you turned your vehicle off it was still running. why would it do that?
Old 04-20-2008, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
I believe those wires are ground, signal wire and dimmer control. They are all important to keep intact.
I'd avoid using those wires for powering your wideband. Can you get a fuse tap? I'd recommend using a fuse tap or add-a-fuse device and putting it directly in the fuse box. I'd recommend using the sunroof or onstar slots.
I want to connect my wideband so that when I dim my lights, my w/b does too. Just like the stock boost gauge. I also want the w/b to get power from the same source as the stock gauge. I don't see how that wouldn't work.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Bannned

it will work but the dimming thing... im not sure. i know my wideband has a sensor and lights up and dims with the light outside. if you look at your guage there is a little hole there in the middle, that is your light sensor
Old 04-20-2008, 01:21 PM

when you turned your vehicle off it was still running. why would it do that?
i have no clue i dont knwo how it worked maybe a reverse current something i was useing the lc-1 wideband fron innovative motorsports i dont know how or why it did it but i kid you not it did the engine would die till i pulled the key out even though it was off...... but it stopped doing it after i took the wires off the gauge so i have no clue
Old 04-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Bannned

Originally Posted by nuttzzy
i have no clue i dont knwo how it worked maybe a reverse current something i was useing the lc-1 wideband fron innovative motorsports i dont know how or why it did it but i kid you not it did the engine would die till i pulled the key out even though it was off...... but it stopped doing it after i took the wires off the gauge so i have no clue
craziness
Old 04-20-2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by nuttzzy

EXACTLY what w/b I got. I got the DB LC-1(blue). Now how did you wire that piece of ****!! Does it dim with your lights?
Old 04-20-2008, 01:29 PM

make sure you have an extra o2 bung on your dp. once you do, throw in your wideband sensor there. now run those wires up through your engine and into the hole right above the brake pedal. there is a rubber thing there, just pull it out and you can run your wires in here.
I would HIGHLY recommend just cutting a small hole in the rubber gromet in the firewall that you are going to run the wires through. That way you eliminate any chance of the wires rubbing on the metal edge, becoming bare and possibly causing you an electrical issue down the road.

I want to connect my wideband so that when I dim my lights, my w/b does too. Just like the stock boost gauge. I also want the w/b to get power from the same source as the stock gauge. I don't see how that wouldn't work.
Mine dims. Just hook up the wires to the stock wiring on the boost gauge and you are good to go!

Last edited by DoubleLP; 04-20-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-20-2008, 01:32 PM

if you want them to dim i suppose you could always hook them up the speedo/tac cluster? dunno if thtd work or not
Old 04-20-2008, 02:09 PM

So I CAN connect my w/b wires to my stock gauge wires??? can anyone tell me what the pink, black,brown, and grey wire are for on the stock boost gauge?

^any help?? Anyone?? Ideas???

Last edited by TxLonghorn#1; 04-20-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-20-2008, 05:34 PM

First off your wideband needs it's own power source to be as accurate as possible. Sharing a power wire for a wideband is generally a no-no! Use a add-a-circuit for the widebands power and tap it into the passenger side center console fuse panel. Run the main harness wires for the sensor into the car by punching a hole in the rubber plug on the firewall. As for the diming stuff, IMO that's just a waste of time and I'm not even sure it can be done on an aftermarket gauge.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:09 PM

How exactly do you hook it into ur fuse box on the passenger side???
Old 04-20-2008, 06:30 PM

IGHT first of all the guy that told you to hoo it to the stock gauge to dim them a few post early obviously isnt reading everything... and 2 the lc-1 isnt that bright at night mine doesnt dim and still looks and works fine.. i just put it on the power side of a fuse and then grounded the other end
Old 04-20-2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by krazycobalt
How exactly do you hook it into ur fuse box on the passenger side???
Use an add-a-circuit like I stated! Best $5-$10 you'll ever spend when hooking up a gauge, meth kit, or whatever else needs a power source.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Use an add-a-circuit like I stated! Best $5-$10 you'll ever spend when hooking up a gauge, meth kit, or whatever else needs a power source.

Just a question with that, when i hook that up to the power coming from the gauge. What fuse slot do I plug that into on my fuse box. Just an empty one??? Are all of the slots run the same current??
Old 04-20-2008, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by krazycobalt
Just a question with that, when i hook that up to the power coming from the gauge. What fuse slot do I plug that into on my fuse box. Just an empty one??? Are all of the slots run the same current??
You can pull any fuse for it as long as you replace the same amp fuse in the part of the add-a-circuit for that function. Then you pick what amp fuse you would like for your new power supply which is the one next to where the wire comes out.

If there is an empty spot that is in the panel that wil supply power you can plug it into there too. Just make sure that the power shuts off when the car does.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
You can pull any fuse for it as long as you replace the same amp fuse in the part of the add-a-circuit for that function. Then you pick what amp fuse you would like for your new power supply which is the one next to where the wire comes out.

If there is an empty spot that is in the panel that wil supply power you can plug it into there too. Just make sure that the power shuts off when the car does.
Ok kewl dude thanks!!! I wish that i knew about those a lot time ago....

Quick Reply: Wideband