2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Zach's Build Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zach's Build Thread.

Well ladies and gentlemen, that time has come. I SOMEHOW blew my motor, pics of that will be up in about two weeks "roughly" when I start the build. Not exactly sure what happened to my motor but compression is roughly 100,105,110,115 give or take. I am guessing a piston might be broke or the ring landing or the seal, I won't know until I rip her apart though.

On to the good stuff though, this is what I am going to use for my build.

Diamond forged pistons, stock compression with both side and top ceramic coating.
78lb Supertech Valve Springs.
Neutral Balance Shafts - used bought from the forums *opinions on using a used part?*
Ported to hell head.
Front and rear EBC rotors along with EBC green stuff pads.
ARP head studs.
Upgraded Intake Manifold gasket.

I am taking opinions on gaskets from people who have USED the gasket there recommending. I think I am going to go with the GM MLS head gasket but I am not 100% sure yet.

It doesn't sound like much but when its all said and done it will be putting down roughly 400whp...with an m62....yes nitrous will be used lol.

I will post up pictures of stuff as it gets here and I will get lots of pictures of the motor build and tear down.

As far as questions go, I am curious on the head gasket I should use and if its ok or not to use USED neutral balance shafts. They are the upgraded neutral balance shafts but someone has had them in there motor before, I got them for a great deal so I don't see a problem with it, but I don't know.

If there is anything you guys can think of adding to the build let me know, I am THINKING about tossing on a TVS but that is not 100% sure or not, I think personally I would be happier with a turbo setup, but who knows.

For those of you who don't know my current mods whatever bolt ons that are made for our cars besides the killer chiller I have. Meth, nitrous, all cooling mods besides k/c, etc. I am set in that department, just need the internal work done .

PS: Car is still running and is daily driven. If I go into boost for to long the dipstick will pop, this is NOT the intake manifold gasket causing it.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:14 AM

excited to see how everything goes love that you stayed supercharged while still shooting for 400whp

and on using a used item..if it was taken care of.. i dont see how it could go wrong..but.. at the same time.. when ur building internals and spending all the money on everything else... you may wanna spend the extra couple bucks to get a new product.. just my opinion though.. i will be building my motor soon as well.. goodluck bro

Last edited by 06_SIC_SS; 06-17-2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2009, 03:20 AM
Banned

Thanks for your 2 cents mate. The price differences is 260 vs 470 from used to new lol, that's the only thing making me wanna go with the used. Considering I am trying to do this full build at the lowest possible price.

On the price note, I want to thank SEAN from WWW.OTTPERFORMANCE.COM he is a very straight forward honest guy and I will be buying ALL of my parts from him as I always do .

As far as the 400whp with the m62, I am going to do it with a 125shot of nitrous and 60lbers with a 2.8 pulley along with meth injection pushing roughly 20ish degrees of timing.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 06-17-2009 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2009, 03:21 AM

lol ohhhhh ic.. well in that case u may wanna try the used ones and see how they work out.. just makin sure that they are taken care of..and nice choice on ottp.. thats where i went for my tvs, h/e etc. and thats where im going for my build.. my favorite vendor by far, big fan of clear image as well
Old 06-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Banned

Ya I know the motor they are coming from blew but I don't believe the balance shafts were effected at all. I will be inspecting them once I get them in a few days. The build won't start for a little bit, but the parts will be here by next wednesday and the brakes will be put in next wednesday too . Considering my brakes are 100% stock and the car has roughly 60k miles on her she REALLY needs some brakes lol. They just recently started squeaking, I can't stand that haha.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:25 AM

lol i hear ya i just changed mine roughly 2 weeks ago..i have 40k on the car so they did ok.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Banned

Ya considering how much I drive around in the city, I was really impressed with the stock brakes. I can't wait to do this build considering I haven't felt anything over roughly -5lbs of boost for awhile now lol.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:30 AM

lol thats withdrawal by this point
Old 06-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Banned

Pretty much, my buddy with a pretty nice 4.6 mustang got on it a little bit beside me tonight and I was like, blah sad face I can't show him what fast really is lol. Although if he REALLY wanted to he could put me to shame with his 200shot lol, although when my motor is built were gonna play "who has the bigger dick" lol. By that I mean were gonna see who WILL spray the most, I have no problem spraying 100,125,150,175 but at 200,250 I get pretty nervous. Hell my buddy chris sprayed 300 into his last 4.6 lol and I know he hates losing haha.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:40 AM

umm 300 is a few lol god damn!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Banned

Ya lol just a bit, especially on a stock 4.6 lol but MAN does that thing move on the spray lol.

Hopefully my car likes the spray as much as his does because it will see the occasional 150 if I feel I am about to lose a race lol.

Another thing I am thinking about doing, which I am sure I will the more I think about it is polish the blower, valve cover, throttle body, etc. I don't think I am going to port the m62, but I will plug the wholes and polish it while shes off. I am not a big fan of porting throttle bodys/blowers because I don't feel its the restriction in the lsj. I feel the restriction is in the head when it comes to airflow personally. That's why I will be porting the hell out of it, hopefully I won't have a whole lot of drive ability issues on the street.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 06-17-2009 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2009, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Zach06CobaltSC
Well ladies and gentlemen, that time has come. I SOMEHOW blew my motor, pics of that will be up in about two weeks "roughly" when I start the build. Not exactly sure what happened to my motor but compression is roughly 100,105,110,115 give or take. I am guessing a piston might be broke or the ring landing or the seal, I won't know until I rip her apart though.

On to the good stuff though, this is what I am going to use for my build.

Diamond forged pistons, stock compression with both side and top ceramic coating.
78lb Supertech Valve Springs.
Neutral Balance Shafts - used bought from the forums *opinions on using a used part?*
Ported to hell head.
Front and rear EBC rotors along with EBC green stuff pads.
ARP head studs.
Upgraded Intake Manifold gasket.

I am taking opinions on gaskets from people who have USED the gasket there recommending. I think I am going to go with the GM MLS head gasket but I am not 100% sure yet.

It doesn't sound like much but when its all said and done it will be putting down roughly 400whp...with an m62....yes nitrous will be used lol.

I will post up pictures of stuff as it gets here and I will get lots of pictures of the motor build and tear down.

As far as questions go, I am curious on the head gasket I should use and if its ok or not to use USED neutral balance shafts. They are the upgraded neutral balance shafts but someone has had them in there motor before, I got them for a great deal so I don't see a problem with it, but I don't know.

If there is anything you guys can think of adding to the build let me know, I am THINKING about tossing on a TVS but that is not 100% sure or not, I think personally I would be happier with a turbo setup, but who knows.

For those of you who don't know my current mods whatever bolt ons that are made for our cars besides the killer chiller I have. Meth, nitrous, all cooling mods besides k/c, etc. I am set in that department, just need the internal work done .

PS: Car is still running and is daily driven. If I go into boost for to long the dipstick will pop, this is NOT the intake manifold gasket causing it.
dude i had this same problem stop now while your ahead or your going to need new sleeves, your getting blow by, you have either a crack piston or a fucked up ring, but stop driving or or your going to make it worse,i thought it was something else and **** up 3 sleeves and 2 piston were cracked or chiped and 3 pistons had bad rings

and i went with cometic head gasket and i havnt had any problems, and the neutral balance shafts your going to feel a lot more vibration in the car, like loud, i did the balance shaft delete not neutral, their gone, it vibrates a lot.

Last edited by OneCOLDBIZL272; 06-17-2009 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2009, 04:10 AM
Banned

I have MASSIVE blow by, yes. I am going to continue to drive the car though, if I scratch up the sleeve to much I will bore it out to a 2.2 and drop in a darton sleeve if I have to. I really am not to worried about it. Worse case scenario I will get a new block, I really don't care lol. It's all covered under warranty, I am just paying for the upgraded parts.

I didn't even know there was a balance shaft delete, can you still rev up to 8k if you have valve springs if you do the delete? I don't want HORRIBLE vibes, but I do already have ottp stage 2 rotated tranny mounts, I don't even notice the vibes really.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:13 AM

just saying, after i started geting the blow by i got like maybe 5000 miles out of it and it started smoking out the breather, mine was toasty, if your sleeves get scratch like mine you will most likely need new ones i would of had to bore 4 thousands over making the sleeves to weak. i went with custom sleeves, best of luck to you on your build.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:21 AM
Banned

Thanks man I am going to need it . Hopefully I can get a couple more k outta the motor before it no longer runs lol.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:27 AM

well so you dont have to buy a new head, i say when she gets to the point of where she smoking i put her down, so dont put a chunk of your piston into your head lol
Old 06-17-2009, 04:31 AM
Banned

understandable, however if that were to happen I would get a new head for free too. My car is getting worked on under warranty . They just replaced my transmission like 2 weeks ago too lol.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:35 AM

lol nice i didnt know you were still under warranty. i wasn't so luck like that mine started doing it 3,000 miles after my extended warranty was up lol
Old 06-17-2009, 04:36 AM
Banned

I <3 my extended warranty lol. Although it doesn't "really" start until 63k, long story lol.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:39 AM

lol nice mine ended at 60,000
Old 06-17-2009, 04:40 AM
Banned

Mine starts at 60k and ends at 75k . But it doesn't really "start" until 63k and I am at 58,100 basically. Needless to say one of these days its going up on jack stands with cruise control set at 60 for 12 hrs lol. It's gonna take awhile but as soon as I hit 63k I will do the rebuild. 5k left, wish me luck.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:46 AM

lol best of luck id like to see a video of that 60 on jack stands for 12 epic hours lol best of luck once again
Old 06-17-2009, 05:04 AM
Banned

lol ya im just gonna grab a 30pack of bud light lime that stuffs amazing and sit outside all day and drink haha. I will grab a short video of me doing it, its going to be done in the parking lot of the apartment complex I live in LOL. I am sure I will get the cops called on me but who knows, maybe not. Worse case scenario I will go out to my moms place and do it or something if people around here get all pissy. I have a few jobs tuning wise, that are a good distance away though so that will help with the mileage too.

The day I hit 63k is the same day I start the claim and then the following day the motor starts to get torn into lol. The shop that is doing it is the only shop that I trust with my car, they have done a lot of work for me and others in the past. There great guys too. I will have TONS of pics of us ripping it apart and building it back up. I will have some videos of the first drive around too and the first dyno pull with the spray .
Old 06-17-2009, 05:11 AM

sweet cant wait to see the progress and pic
Old 06-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Banned

Tomorrow I will post pics of the valve springs, just because that's the only thing I have here that's not on the car yet .

Quick Reply: Zach's Build Thread.