2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

zzp turbo swap problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zzp turbo swap problems

I really need some help trying best to put this car on the road and I can't seem to get it right.
I did the whole turbo zip swap with some supporting mods and the car idles fine but once you drive it sputters the rpm's once it hits like 3k
at first me and my bro/extra hand, thought it was the Tmap sensor I replaced it and it's still the same symptoms .
now I feel like it's my transmission and the reason I think that is cause I replaced the tranny bracket roll pins with zzp shifter cables and the bracket for the shifter cables
but when we did that the shifter itself is leaning towards the left and 2nd gear berly grabs and while driving if I don't put it in hard it grinds or pops out
other than that I have no idea what this could be
any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-03-2017, 06:26 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Have you tried adjusting your cables?
Old 08-03-2017, 06:27 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Adjust the shifter cables first.

Then you need to get a proper tune on the car, they have a canned tune they send out that should get the car running decent but can have little issues. They usually will help with updates/adjustments if you reach out to them.

Also make sure your maf is getting a good signal, depending on when they make the VE transition to MAF it could the issue (around 3k sounds like that might be the issue)
Old 08-03-2017, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by ECaulk
Adjust the shifter cables first.

Then you need to get a proper tune on the car, they have a canned tune they send out that should get the car running decent but can have little issues. They usually will help with updates/adjustments if you reach out to them.

Also make sure your maf is getting a good signal, depending on when they make the VE transition to MAF it could the issue (around 3k sounds like that might be the issue)
does it have to be a dyno tune or can I get away with some HP tuners computer ?
Old 08-03-2017, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
Have you tried adjusting your cables?

we put them in once and haven't touched them we gonna try and mess with them and see what comes up how exactly would you adjust them so I atleast have some sort of idea?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by ljst_erni43
does it have to be a dyno tune or can I get away with some HP tuners computer ?
If you have someone with hptuners then you can log the car and discuss with zzp about getting them to adjust their tune properly. You'll still have to unlock the car on the hptuners cable you use, but at least its the lowest cost option.

For the cable adjustment, TWM has a how to on their install of a short shifter on the adjustment or there is one on here.