2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

CMD Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedyBowties
Wyoming, can you help with these? ^^^^
How are the gains?
Im going to go your same route I think...

Check your PMS
Old 05-23-2006, 02:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 06Pursuit
i ran a 16 flat at the track with a CMD Intake and all the **** in the trunk. I was also running higher octane. Ive heard that it actualy makes the car slower but I have a time slip to prove diffrent. (not to highjack the thread) lol
well, the theory goes that the slower acting higher octane fuel will lower power because it will not be at it's peak when the engine is just starting it's power stroke. i have a few issues with this in concept, but i don't know enough about the FI system in an ecotec to make comments.

however. with a short hot air intake, the higher test fuel may be ideal as it will allow the engine to run normally with the warmer intake charge. in other words, it won't see knock and retard the timing because of the hot air, so you'd get all the pros of the short open intake and the higher octane without knocking...

hey, it's a theory.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wyoming_Bass
Tiny... it was done to get the dampner into the car... give me some time. however yall think what you want it does a much better job than the factory one

ahh, gotcha. I thought an aftermarket intake the normal way would clear the dampner, though. If I were to put on an intake, i Would make my own, like yours. **** the haters, $200 for an intake is ****** rediculous.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by tiny
ahh, gotcha. I thought an aftermarket intake the normal way would clear the dampner, though. If I were to put on an intake, i Would make my own, like yours. **** the haters, $200 for an intake is ****** rediculous.

I am gonna swap the intake to the other side on friday for another memeber so he can see it so the cold air coming from the "FACTORY" supplied hose i left in can hit the new filter. Ill get pics for ya and let you know it if helps or not!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:15 PM

OK i swapped it and its much better!!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:36 PM

pics please ive been pondering if it will fit with my weapon r and that might give me an idea thanks
Old 06-03-2006, 10:05 PM

Yea ill do it tommarow
Old 06-03-2006, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
could i get those part numbers as well....im thinking that im gonna put it to the stock side myself tho.....no desire for dampener yet.....
Old 06-04-2006, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Skottish
could i get those part numbers as well....im thinking that im gonna put it to the stock side myself tho.....no desire for dampener yet.....

Mine is now on the stock side it stays cooler that way. but i dont have the part numbers but i can tell you exactly what you need

PM me
Old 06-05-2006, 11:50 PM

k.....a couple of different things......its long but informative.....

1. i installed a "CMD" intake on my ls today and wow.....a whole helluva lot louder.....im talkin LOUD......and the car seems to respond better too.....i noticed something tho....i think that the drop in the powerband illustrated in the hahn turbo dyno illustrated in the link below is due to the way our motors run....possibly.....it seems to drop a little in the pull effect arouond that rev......at times anyway......
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18...06013924AM.jpg

2. i definately give credit to wyoming_bass on creating this cost-effective alternative

3. i find the other CMD thread very entertaining to read due to the constant bickering over 1/4mile times and intakes.....it is rather amusing......

4. finally, something that wyoming did not mention in all of this is how you need to bevel out a hole for the MAF sensor......that took a while to get it just the right size.....i have a suggestion on how to do this for any1 considering this......put a piece of paper on the inside of the stock box and use a pen to outline the size of the hole....then, cut out that rectangle on the paper and use the hole you made to score the lines for the maf hole on the tube.....then use a bevel to cut out the hole.....it will take some cutting-testing-cutting-testing to achieve the right size.....but take ur time so you dont mess it up and have to make a trip back to autozone or pep-boys......also, autozone and pep-boys are pretty much the only 2 stores that have the parts.....discount and napa didnt carry any of them
Old 06-06-2006, 05:56 PM

1. i installed a "CMD" intake on my ls today and wow.....a whole helluva lot louder.....im talkin LOUD......and the car seems to respond better too.....i noticed something tho....i think that the drop in the powerband illustrated in the hahn turbo dyno illustrated in the link below is due to the way our motors run....possibly.....it seems to drop a little in the pull effect arouond that rev......at times anyway......

2. i definately give credit to wyoming_bass on creating this cost-effective alternative

3. i find the other CMD thread very entertaining to read due to the constant bickering over 1/4mile times and intakes.....it is rather amusing......

4. finally, something that wyoming did not mention in all of this is how you need to bevel out a hole for the MAF sensor......that took a while to get it just the right size.....i have a suggestion on how to do this for any1 considering this......put a piece of paper on the inside of the stock box and use a pen to outline the size of the hole....then, cut out that rectangle on the paper and use the hole you made to score the lines for the maf hole on the tube.....then use a bevel to cut out the hole.....it will take some cutting-testing-cutting-testing to achieve the right size.....but take ur time so you dont mess it up and have to make a trip back to autozone or pep-boys......also, autozone and pep-boys are pretty much the only 2 stores that have the parts.....discount and napa didnt carry any of them

I am SO glad to see someone following me in this. I took a bunch of crap from members how shitty it looked. Thanx for the add on about the maf i just took it for granted that people would know to put that in... anyways thanx for the compliments!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:57 PM

Oh and CMD stands for the initials of the myself and the two other buddies that helped

CMD = Curtis Mike Dave
Old 06-07-2006, 01:37 AM

Oh and CMD stands for the initials of the myself and the two other buddies that helped

CMD = Curtis Mike Dave

I am aware.....i think you posted that somewhere.....but yea....i give credit where it is due....i smoked another LS today.....it was an out-of-towner from TX.....and the girl drivin was UGLY.....but the CMD(i think it should be the "brand name") helped to defeat even with extra bodies in the car and with me being a "healthier" guy
Old 06-09-2006, 12:25 AM

CMD = Curtis Mike Dave
wow...everyone is calling it CMD....you have an intake thats named after you and ur buddies!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:30 AM

i think they should market it on eBay......it would work.....not sure if it would be legal due to the parts being at autozone....but yea......MARKET IT.....ill help build them.....this way you could expand to florida....lol
Old 06-09-2006, 04:06 AM

If you guys want another choice try this one,I find it gives the engine bay a cleaner look.

Last edited by g5mike; 06-27-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:37 AM

.............Bump!..............
Old 06-14-2006, 11:53 AM

Curtis, any pics of the intake after you relocated it?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:39 PM

Yea let me load the pictures up
Old 06-14-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedyBowties
Curtis, any pics of the intake after you relocated it?

here you go

Old 06-14-2006, 03:58 PM

Where the F did you put the MAF sensor!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:00 PM

Nevermind I found it on the front page.

Did you knowtice that your car puts out a CEL now that it's not getting the idle air past the MAF? I know my Custom Made Intake did it.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by RedBaseBolt
Nevermind I found it on the front page.

Did you knowtice that your car puts out a CEL now that it's not getting the idle air past the MAF? I know my Custom Made Intake did it.

Nope cause i put in the bigger SS injectors and its getting more fuel and air now

and the MAF sensor is there i just put it down on the bottom
Old 06-14-2006, 04:06 PM

Nope cause i put in the bigger SS injectors and its getting more fuel and air now

and the MAF sensor is there i just put it down on the bottom
And it's still slower than my balt

Sorry bro, had to say it!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by RedBaseBolt
And it's still slower than my balt

Sorry bro, had to say it!

its cool give me time!!! lol i only bought her on march 31'st

and if you ever wanna come down and play you let me know!

Quick Reply: CMD Intake