2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

finshed 2.2 super charged @ 10 psi

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Matts95TSiAWD
and it seems to be doing so just fine if the wideband reads down to 8.8..... thats rich as fukkk...
Yeah...it's rich as **** you're not realizing atleast from the point of view of injector duty cycle of what 34 # injectors running at.

Like I said, get a Interceptor gauge so you can see what % you're running them at and if they are pass 80% (which I'm absolutely sure they are if they are going that ungodly rich) you have a major issue at hand because you can lead them to go static and have more injector mechanical issues.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJHK
Yeah...it's rich as **** you're not realizing atleast from the point of view of injector duty cycle of what 34 # injectors running at.

Like I said, get a Interceptor gauge so you can see what % you're running them at and if they are pass 80% (which I'm absolutely sure they are if they are going that ungodly rich) you have a major issue at hand because you can lead them to go static and have more injector mechanical issues.
explain in a little more detail plz.

and just to be clear we are using the stage 2 injectors.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea more info on this well ill read this stuff tomarow im going to bed later matt
Old 04-06-2007, 11:15 PM

later yellows...
Old 04-06-2007, 11:47 PM

well i'll skip reading thro all the bull ****....

I'll give you credit for doing the swap...

but hot dam i hope to god YOU dident do it and that somebody else did, you totally miss-named a few IMPORTANT sensors...such as your suposed AIT1(its a SCIP sensor your AIT1 is in the maf) sensor and such....but hey i'll let that slide since your HUGEST **** up is that fact that you some how think your ECM is reading that 2bar MAP sensor...

WOW i haven't seen such wrong information posted like EVER....your ECM in UNABLE to read anything above 14.7PSI(atmospheric pressure, at sea level that is) your car IS in OPEN loop, thats why your AFR's a are random, and mostly unrepeatable....your getting by on pure luck...

if you don't get a SAFC or your SMT unit in there like NOW your ***** gonna blow....its only a matter of time.

i hope you continue to develop this project, you are FAR from done.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Matts95TSiAWD
explain in a little more detail plz.

and just to be clear we are using the stage 2 injectors.
Duty Cylcle is referring to the time that the fuel injectors are open. When they go static, they are staying completely open and aren't closing. This isn't a good thing because what can happen is that they can get stuck open or start not to operate properly...example: They won't open and close fully.

If the injectors are exceeding duty cycle, this could result in actual injector failure. So last thing he would want to do is run at full throttle and then the injector fails in one shape or form.

Also, exceeding a high duty cycle will effect how well they spray at the valves.

Another thing, if you don't take control of your fuel injectors soon, you will lead to misfires because the combustion chamber is so wet that the tip of the spark plugs won't be capable of creating a spark strong enough to ignite the fuel.

9s and 8s are INCREDIBLEY rich fuel mixtures. I'm suprised you're even able to reach the 8s. You're actually LOSING power in those mixtures.

Running that large of fuel injectors and trying to control with a piggyback unit (remember, it changes voltage from STOCK settings) you're going to run into more issues. 42 # (I believe that's the stage 2 size injectors) is MUCH larger than your stock 24 # injectors. You're only going to be able to adjust or take away so much fuel during low engine speeds.

Just food for thought.

Last edited by NJHK; 04-07-2007 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-07-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not to mention that once you go static, you can't deliver any more fuel. So you get lean with any further increase of demanded power.

A recommended maximum duty cycle for a given application is 80%.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Halfcent
Not to mention that once you go static, you can't deliver any more fuel. So you get lean with any further increase of demanded power.

A recommended maximum duty cycle for a given application is 80%.
Exactly.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:16 AM

This thread is really interesting ! ... Wish I could understand some of it though

Old 04-07-2007, 12:22 AM

I hope you're not running a catalytic converter with those 9:1 AFRs
Old 04-07-2007, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by HackAbuse
I hope you're not running a catalytic converter with those 9:1 AFRs
LOL Clog City!

As well as a Bad O2 Sensor I see coming in the future if this keeps up...
Old 04-07-2007, 12:28 AM

LOL Clog City!

As well as a Bad O2 Sensor I see coming in the future if this keeps up...
I hope he likes having a black back end.

He wont be seeing out the rear windsheild for long
Old 04-07-2007, 12:31 AM

I hope he likes having a black back end.
I like my black back end
Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 AM

I like my black back end
We know, Adam.... We know
Old 04-07-2007, 12:34 AM

We know, Adam.... We know
lol

Ok, lets stop whoring.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:34 AM

WHOA i dident see that part.....8's and 9's for AFR's....

can you say RICH KNOCK!!! thats ****** crazy...your gonna burn thro plugs with that much fuel....

why do people who have such a small grasp on things do these projects?

good luck man.....you'r gonna need it at the rate we've seen things going
Old 04-07-2007, 12:38 AM

So I've been reading about the SMT-7, and it seams like he would be able to control everything with it. I get that you are tricking the ECU, but compared to the HPT, if and when it comes out, what are some of the advantages/disadvantages between the two?
Old 04-07-2007, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Archie
So I've been reading about the SMT-7, and it seams like he would be able to control everything with it. I get that you are tricking the ECU, but compared to the HPT, if and when it comes out, what are some of the advantages/disadvantages between the two?
Not really advantages over per say...but HP Tuners gives you MORE control.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:43 AM

HPTuners is also VERY easy to return back to stock
Old 04-07-2007, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by yellowshowbalt
we have a 3 bar map its not hooked up right now, i can agree with you, but being a DSMer (and that mean Diamond Star Motors AKA: 4g63t) which is NOT mitsubishi, ive run more boost than anyone on these forums. and for the crank walk bullshit, you have no idea what your talking about 6bolt motors dont walk.

as soon as we have a little more time put into this we will be tuning with SMT7

yellowshobalt IS NOT using the 5th injector

Ding ding ding NOT TRUE!!! I know of someone actually our mechanic at the shop and he has 2 dsm and HIS 6 BOLT CRANK WALKED!! I have seen it in person it walked and sheared one end of the crank razor sharp!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 AM

HPTuners is also VERY easy to return back to stock
muwahhha....the most important part!!!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlownSaturn
I think that you are refering to yellowshowbalt with that comment. He was not the one speaking though. It was his friend logged on under his screenname. Not that it matters, it's no excuse to criticise his speech or appearance. In this thread your age is very apparent.

To all the others who posted "helpful" comments, shame on you. This guy just accomplished something that a bunch of you have been talking about doing for a long long time. You call him a liar.........he gives you proof (on his lunchbreak none the less!!!). Then you offer up your "helpful" comments. Could you be any more negative? Is it your car or motor in the video? No it's not. So layoff of him. If you have some useful advice then perhaps you should learn to state it in a useful way. shortbus.net FTL on this thread.

Yellowshowbalt (or his friend), maybe you should take this project over to the redlineforums where people are (for the most part) much more mature, informative, and above all.........courteous.

Great job on this project so far. Now you just gotta shore up the holes and you'll have one bad little balt
if your reffering to me bing "immature", than so be it. I, as well as alot of other members have ALOT more experience with these matters as ive done similar projects.

If my age is being "shown", im assuming you think im about 16, so with that said....you should be hit with a shovel.

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:56 AM

Okay, cause I was watching the guys tuning La Banana last weekend at the pavilions. They had done a bunch of data logging, and then started changing and smoothing out graphs.

I have seen the timing charts for HP tuners, and they are huge, and although I haven't seen if SMT7 has timing charts, I would assume that HPT is just more values that can be adjusted. Does that sound about right?

Now I am also planning on supercharging my 2.2 in probably 4-6 months. Hopefully HPT will have tuning for the e37 by then, but if it doesn't, would it be safe to use the SMT-7?

I'll probably be bugging Blown4banger and Cobalt Supercharged to make sure I do everything right. (Just some forewarning guys )
Old 04-07-2007, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by shortyhend2004
Ding ding ding NOT TRUE!!! I know of someone actually our mechanic at the shop and he has 2 dsm and HIS 6 BOLT CRANK WALKED!! I have seen it in person it walked and sheared one end of the crank razor sharp!
while this is true, and possible on ANY engine...the 7bolts were known for that issue.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Archie
Okay, cause I was watching the guys tuning La Banana last weekend at the pavilions. They had done a bunch of data logging, and then started changing and smoothing out graphs.

I have seen the timing charts for HP tuners, and they are huge, and although I haven't seen if SMT7 has timing charts, I would assume that HPT is just more values that can be adjusted. Does that sound about right?

Now I am also planning on supercharging my 2.2 in probably 4-6 months. Hopefully HPT will have tuning for the e37 by then, but if it doesn't, would it be safe to use the SMT-7?

I'll probably be bugging Blown4banger and Cobalt Supercharged to make sure I do everything right. (Just some forewarning guys )
Well the thing about it is that even the ignition timing from SMT-6 is (probably) changing the signal to the knock sensor to try and retard timing. Reason being is that your knock sensor, when it does detect knocking (detonation), your kock sensor sends a signal to the PCM about the noise or knocking and will automatically run countermeasures which is to retard ignition timing.

With HP Tuners, you're leaving your computer in control and you're just changing everything through the computer. Flaw with piggybacks is that you're adjusting from stock settings and are only given so much adjustments without the computer counteracting. Good thing is that your computer still has it's emergency counter-measures still intact even with a piggyback setup.

Quick Reply: finshed 2.2 super charged @ 10 psi