2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

krautsalat 2.2 sc build canada

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE!! pics will be up tomorrow. Well the car is nbow supercharged and the whine is very addicting..its too bad my clutch doesn't seem to like it so i am going to have to baby it for a bit. Had some issues like the map sensor bracket was a third times a charm kind of deal. coolant leak from an old rad hose(turned out to be those stupid stock clamps) throttle body wiring was off a bit and I seem to have a small leak from the supercharger oil. I am going to re torque those nuts down more. I put hi temp stuff on the bolts like I read to but its still leaking in one spot...not bad but i can see a bit of oil on the seam. My homeade option b tank works wonders as well after I finally found something that bonds the plastics well(plastic epoxy+JB weld+clear hi temp silicone on the seams) Still need to find a lsj washer fluid bottle and a couple bolts to hold the intyake manifold better(Had to use slighty longer bolts with a few washers to hold it down, turns out the bolt place gave me the wrong bolts. Still need my exhaust welded up but thats coming next week I think. all in all it wasn't that hard to do and if I had EVERYTHING right off the bat it prob would have only taken an afternoon to do.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:24 PM

Wicked..... Can't wait to hear it
Old 05-23-2010, 08:26 PM

you work tomorrow?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:27 PM

Yup 8-5. Why? Lol you gonna tune my car lol.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by krautsalat
UPDATE!! pics will be up tomorrow. Well the car is nbow supercharged and the whine is very addicting..its too bad my clutch doesn't seem to like it so i am going to have to baby it for a bit. Had some issues like the map sensor bracket was a third times a charm kind of deal. coolant leak from an old rad hose(turned out to be those stupid stock clamps) throttle body wiring was off a bit and I seem to have a small leak from the supercharger oil. I am going to re torque those nuts down more. I put hi temp stuff on the bolts like I read to but its still leaking in one spot...not bad but i can see a bit of oil on the seam. My homeade option b tank works wonders as well after I finally found something that bonds the plastics well(plastic epoxy+JB weld+clear hi temp silicone on the seams) Still need to find a lsj washer fluid bottle and a couple bolts to hold the intyake manifold better(Had to use slighty longer bolts with a few washers to hold it down, turns out the bolt place gave me the wrong bolts. Still need my exhaust welded up but thats coming next week I think. all in all it wasn't that hard to do and if I had EVERYTHING right off the bat it prob would have only taken an afternoon to do.
Awesome man once you get all the tweaks worked that thing is gunna be a beast. I cant wait for the vids. I'm sooo tempted to buy that zzp sc kit now lol. Maybe next summer I guess.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by olivecj
Awesome man once you get all the tweaks worked that thing is gunna be a beast. I cant wait for the vids. I'm sooo tempted to buy that zzp sc kit now lol. Maybe next summer I guess.
do it up man. I'll sell you mine kit in the winter lol. I may have different plans next year

teaser pic!!

Last edited by krautsalat; 05-23-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:40 PM

Another update...Was out driving today but making sure not to hit boost as my MAP is still not working right. I tested it and its getting low voltage at the sensor but at the wires its good. My sensor seems to have taking a crap on me. I am trying to find one today but here the stores are closed as its a holiday(well auto parts stores are closed) Sometimes I can get fuel enrichment other times I cannot. Throwing a P0107 low voltage code as well. All in all though no leaks and running smooth at idle.

new sensor installed and I am hitting power enrichment now. works good. i think my clutch hates me already as it takes a bit to fully engage when i crack the throttle. other then a floppy idle sometimes at a stop sign and stalling everything seems to be working pretty good I must say.

Last edited by krautsalat; 05-24-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-24-2010, 06:49 PM

Lol..... If your around let me know.... I wanna see it lol....or hear it
Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM

I might be down that way this week before friday but i have a busy week with tuning, selling stuff and trying to get my car clean lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:02 PM

Yeah, **** wish you were tuning my car....when Vince tunes, does he do an entire rewrite of the ECM.... Stu seems to think that my issue is due to the gm tune that's on there now.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 PM

Well have a few updates on the car. Tuning is pretty much done...works extremely well now. Still have a few little bugs; the idle sometimes does bounce up and down when I frist start it after a highway run, still have a oil leak around two bolts on the s/c but I bought gasket maker and new oil so I am going to tackle that this weekend, my stage 2 belt is running on three ribs as of two hours ago....blew apart today when I decided to crack the throttle haha, still gotta make a bracket for my option b tank as its not fastened well enough for me and finally goign to tackle the ss/tc exhaust(damn three bolt flange)

all in all I love it. Nice sound, excellent pull and I am getting 15psi boost most of the time. Was going to dyno last weekend but had to leave early. Hopefully get in next week and dyno if I sell my LSJ block. I am waxing and cleaning the car this weekend as well so pics will finally be up.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Good to hear. I'm interested in the dyno results.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:51 PM

so am I Gene. Cause it pulls really hard now. What would this setup yeild? keep in mind I have a stock airbox that has been modded and a LSJ manifold with stock d/p and ss/tc exhaust.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I don't have any idea what it would put down on the dyno. I'm not familiar with the dyno numbers these put out yet.