Synthetic Vs. Regular Oil in a 2.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amsoil and i'd bet your car, seriously.

Last edited by Spanky's Monkey; 03-08-2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling>me
Old 03-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use regular oil and change it when the DIC tells me to, I've only changed it once or twice before it told me but it was still below five percent.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by 06_ion2

You + mobil1 =
qfmft
Old 03-08-2010, 09:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spanky's Monkey
amsoil and i'd bet your car, seriously.
PAHA.. Oh my god.. Amsoil.. WOOHOO!!! It's just SO much better than ANYTHING else on the market..

Give me a reason to believe so, and maybe I'd agree.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:22 PM

i don't give that kind of advice anymore. run whatever the **** you want. i know this much anyone that has ever meet me on the street can vouche for my ride, period. wanna race? any kind pick your poison.

proof is in the pudding right?

Last edited by Spanky's Monkey; 03-08-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-08-2010, 09:39 PM

i don't give that kind of advice anymore. run whatever the **** you want. i know this much anyone that has ever meet me on the street can vouche for my ride, period. wanna race? any kind pick your poison.

proof is in the pudding right?
Okay, or, maybe you're hiding your advice that doesn't exist, because it's bullshit?

This isn't about racing, who gives a ******* you arrogant dick. That has nothing to do with the oil you run..

I've seen your car in real life anyway.. It's nothing special, so you might want to get the **** off of cloud 9.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx
Okay, or, maybe you're hiding your advice that doesn't exist, because it's bullshit?

This isn't about racing, who gives a ******* you arrogant dick. That has nothing to do with the oil you run..

I've seen your car in real life anyway.. It's nothing special, so you might want to get the **** off of cloud 9.
Lets race at ced.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 PM

Lets race at ced.
ALRIGHT DUDE!!! Yay for being an arrogant ****!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:19 PM

Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 PM

i give a **** cause my car runs on that motor oil i spoke of. and last i checked you didn't keep up with me. not even close so save the tough e-****. bring it to the streets.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:51 PM

i give a **** cause my car runs on that motor oil i spoke of. and last i checked you didn't keep up with me. not even close so save the tough e-****. bring it to the streets.
Last time I checked I don't give a ****!!!

YEAH BRO BRING YOUR **** TO THE STREETS!! RACE OUR SLOW ASS COBALTS!!

I'd put my money on the sedan with the family in it..

God man, you're such a badass, I bet your car is so fast..
Old 03-08-2010, 11:57 PM

you don't give a ****? then why mod? so you can still be slower then my family sedan? i forgot you do it for more STREET POWER on your DD. wow, you're a winner there pal and you should care more when you're playing keep up and you can't keep up.

you asked me for advice on a wideband for your weak ass build. then preceded to talk **** to another memebr about how it's just a light show even after i educated your fool ass. that's just weak, real weak.

dude you're really not worth it, but my bad ass family sedan will own you anytime.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:01 AM

you don't give a ****? then why mod? so you can still be slower then my family sedan? i forgot you do it for more STREET POWER on your DD. wow, you're a winner there pal and you should care more when you're playing keep up and you can't keep up.

you asked me for advice on a wideband for your weak ass build. then preceded to talk **** to another memebr about how it's just a light show even after i educated your fool ass. that's just weak, real weak.

dude you're really not worth it, but my bad ass family sedan will own you anytime.
I mod because I want to wake up my slower than slow car. Yes, street power. I don't care for track use dude, I could care less. I'm not playing keep up with anyone?..

My weak ass build..? Okay.. I don't understand what is so weak. Yes, I asked you about a wideband, because I knew you had one, and I also asked Vince at Trifecta, and he told me for my build that it would merely be a light-show. You did not educate me, I asked you if you liked it and if you found it necessary on your build.

Okay, you will beat me in a race.. *Clap* WOOHOO!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:05 AM

yeah, your weak ass build, dude. you're a waste of time and a cobalt imo. i'm done with you man. i'll see you in my rearview if you ever get near my level.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:09 AM

yeah, your weak ass build, dude. you're a waste of time and a cobalt imo. i'm done with you man. i'll see you in my rearview if you ever get near my level.
Alright dude, I'll see you through the windshield!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:15 AM

Wait just a ******* minute...excuse me, Mr. xxxxsh4d0wxxxx, didn't we have a similar conversation....here's what you're asking Spanky:

PAHA.. Oh my god.. Amsoil.. WOOHOO!!! It's just SO much better than ANYTHING else on the market..

Give me a reason to believe so, and maybe I'd agree.

Now here's what I asked you:

Originally Posted by 007CobaltLS
I'm sorry, but 06_Ion2 is perfectly in the right to trust his engine builder's opinions when THEY built his engine and want to ensure that it runs it's best. Just because Mobil 1 is the "biggest" oil company and know about oil, does that mean they must be the best oil company out there? Please tell me what it is that exactly makes their oil so superior to everything else on the market? Why are other oil companies in business even?

Now why should he have to give you a reason why Amsoil is better when you can't do that about Mobil 1...and don't give me some stupid bullshit line about Mobil 1 being the biggest company...that doesn't matter, I want to know what really makes Mobil 1 better?

You talk so much **** yourself and then when someone else spews a little BS, you fly off the handle....learn to take it or don't bother posting...you won't have problems if you don't post anything. Yes, we know your OPINION that Mobil 1 is the best...hey, I'm not saying it isn't good...I have probably 8 quarts of it in my garage right now, but doesn't mean it's the best.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:20 AM

Wait just a ******* minute...excuse me, Mr. xxxxsh4d0wxxxx, didn't we have a similar conversation....here's what you're asking Spanky:

Now here's what I asked you:

Now why should he have to give you a reason why Amsoil is better when you can't do that about Mobil 1...and don't give me some stupid bullshit line about Mobil 1 being the biggest company...that doesn't matter, I want to know what really makes Mobil 1 better?

You talk so much **** yourself and then when someone else spews a little BS, you fly off the handle....learn to take it or don't bother posting...you won't have problems if you don't post anything. Yes, we know your OPINION that Mobil 1 is the best...hey, I'm not saying it isn't good...I have probably 8 quarts of it in my garage right now, but doesn't mean it's the best.
He still wont get it.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:23 AM

Can you give me a car company that uses Amsoil as a factory fill? I don't think Mobil-1 would invest all of their money/time to factory fill all of these cars, some VERY expensive cars, if they were not confident in their product.

Am I wrong to think this? Honestly.

I thought I said that earlier, I guess not, I apologize.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:31 AM

quailty is not only found in big names. and the box is only a box if you stay inside of it.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 AM

quailty is not only found in big names. and the box is only a box if you stay inside of it.
Okay, so swallow some of your own pills.. Amsoil is also a big name, if you aren't fully aware.

I'll always use Mobil-1 fully synthetic. It's affordable, it's proven, it works.

Also, I am not stuck to Mobil.. As I said this much earlier in the thread: "I do try other fully synthetics sometimes just for fun, but at the end of the day Mobil-1 is what's in my car. "
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 AM

Okay, so swallow some of your own pills.. Amsoil is also a big name, if you aren't fully aware.

I'll always use Mobil-1 fully synthetic. It's affordable, it's proven, it works.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 AM

Yeah, we get that, big company, lots of backers with factory fills of dozens of cars or more. That is still just the big company argument..I want some real hard evidence that they are this great company.

Royal Purple isn't used in any cars from the factory to my knowledge, but there are tons of people who believe wholeheartedly in it....Pennzoil, Castrol, etc. aren't nearly as big of companies, but they are probably used in cars from the factory, right? So they must be good if they are used right off the bat.

As stated before, the only thing Mobil 1 has going for it is it's the biggest company out there...it's no better than anything else that I can think of...I've heard opinion after opinion of this oil is better than that oil, but in reality, I've never really seen anything superbly negative about any company that would prevent me from using their oil.

I am running RP right now because I got a great deal on it. I have Mobil 1 in my garage which was pretty cheap when I got it so that will be the next oil change...the one after that could be Castrol, Amsoil, or whatever is on sale at the time. I have no normal brand. In fact I have Pennzoil in the garage right now (conventional) that is going in my wife's car for her oil change (07 Aura XR).

I think to be honest the whole thread is stupid...no offense to the OP, but these debates will never be won...they are ONLY PERSONAL OPINION and nothing more.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:41 AM

Indeed.

Yeah, we get that, big company, lots of backers with factory fills of dozens of cars or more. That is still just the big company argument..I want some real hard evidence that they are this great company.

Royal Purple isn't used in any cars from the factory to my knowledge, but there are tons of people who believe wholeheartedly in it....Pennzoil, Castrol, etc. aren't nearly as big of companies, but they are probably used in cars from the factory, right? So they must be good if they are used right off the bat.

As stated before, the only thing Mobil 1 has going for it is it's the biggest company out there...it's no better than anything else that I can think of...I've heard opinion after opinion of this oil is better than that oil, but in reality, I've never really seen anything superbly negative about any company that would prevent me from using their oil.

I am running RP right now because I got a great deal on it. I have Mobil 1 in my garage which was pretty cheap when I got it so that will be the next oil change...the one after that could be Castrol, Amsoil, or whatever is on sale at the time. I have no normal brand. In fact I have Pennzoil in the garage right now (conventional) that is going in my wife's car for her oil change (07 Aura XR).

I think to be honest the whole thread is stupid...no offense to the OP, but these debates will never be won...they are ONLY PERSONAL OPINION and nothing more.
That's exactly right. Everyone uses what they want. Their reasoning for choosing the oil they do, could be any reason. There is no reason to deter me from believing that one synthetic is better than another, however, if the question comes to arise, of course we will all say what we use in our cars. It's all opinion. It's advertisement. It's word of mouth. It's what you make of it. Just go into the store blindfolded, and pick a damn synthetic!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:44 AM

Indeed.

That's exactly right. Everyone uses what they want. Their reasoning for choosing the oil they do, could be any reason. There is no reason to deter me from believing that one synthetic is better than another, however, if the question comes to arise, of course we will all say what we use in our cars. It's all opinion. It's advertisement. It's word of mouth. It's what you make of it. Just go into the store blindfolded, and pick a damn synthetic!
Well yes and no...as I mentioned, I buy according to sales/deals. I try different ones as well, and I have seen no difference in any of them so far. I'll even buy Wal-Marts brand more often just because it's cheaper and works just fine.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:48 AM

Well yes and no...as I mentioned, I buy according to sales/deals. I try different ones as well, and I have seen no difference in any of them so far. I'll even buy Wal-Marts brand more often just because it's cheaper and works just fine.
Yes, I know, it was a joke. I try different synthetics, also. I have seen no difference either.

Quick Reply: Synthetic Vs. Regular Oil in a 2.2