2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Tsudo N1 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have a vid and i kno they are on youtube but everytime i search it i get the same one i just want to know if it backfires and pops when you downshift or when you take your foot off the gas?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by cobalt man
do you have a vid and i kno they are on youtube but everytime i search it i get the same one i just want to know if it backfires and pops when you downshift or when you take your foot off the gas?
I don't have a vid, and to be honest, I don't have a camera that would give you a 100% accurate sound.

There is no "backfire" but if you are sitting still and rev it real high then you get a little rumble/pop, (I guess is the best way to describe it on the internet) as the rpm's are going back down. But not the bad kind of rumble/pop, the good sounding kind. It kinda makes it sound like you actually have a bigger engine than you do.

Flybys and driving is when it sounds the best... and after it warms up if it's REAL cold out (<30deg)

Last edited by deerhuntr88; 03-31-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-31-2009, 05:06 PM

i wish one of the vendors here on the forum sold these because i cannot get ahold to any of these places
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM

i wish one of the vendors here on the forum sold these because i cannot get ahold to any of these places
http://www.rsaperformance.com/tschcols05ca.html

They have a number on the site you can call...
Old 05-13-2009, 07:56 AM

Anyone getting black residue on your bumper right above the exhaust tip? It comes off no problem, but I don't wash my car every other day like some people, so I have noticed like soot I guess on my bumper.

Other than cutting and welding on a longer tip, or adding an ugly Walmart one to the end, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 05-24-2009, 08:26 PM

lower the tip with exhaust hangars
Old 05-24-2009, 09:27 PM

dude get the exhaust i just installed it on my car and i love it
Old 05-24-2009, 09:30 PM

It does on the original Tsudo(not the fart cannon N1) Normally when I am going 30 and drop into first it pops a bit.. very sexy.
Here is my Tsudo Original:

You can hear the pop in the first and 3rd rev

You can hear the pop @ 4500 and from 3k-idol

Lot of popping in this short drive around my block... hope you like my steering wheel cover

Lots of pop at final rev... kinda sounds cammed

You have to listen to these with heavy bass to really get the full sound. This exhaust is so deep... I hate that I will have to give it up when I go STS...
Old 05-24-2009, 11:14 PM

The Tsudo is a great exhaust, but definately you'll need to get new hangars, or it touches the bumper...

Other than that, sounds awesome.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:21 AM

Mine was always about 1/4 off the bumper.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Murdered SS
hey do u guys know if the tsudo n1 fits ss\sc or do i have to get it welded to fit
the fitting shouldnt be a problem since the 2.2 share the same body design its just how the bottom near the exhaust is. second the tsudo is 2.5in plus your running sc so i would go to a 3in full pipe because the stock exhaust on the sc is 2.5 all your doing is changing the sound. and if im wrong on any of the information please some one correct me here
Old 05-25-2009, 06:08 AM

the tsudo n1 is a 2.5 exhaust i had my friend measure it before we put it on... i purchased mine off ebay and its 2.5 throughout the exhaust the muffler gets wider actually. not smaller like some are claiming.

from inside the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzwRo0eMDyE

outside the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkCPqesMuXg

someone above said that this exhaust looks like a fartcan on a honda... your my friend are completely off your rocker, this is not a canister exhaust yes it has a canister but it flows off into a tip. as you can see in the below picture

below is a canister exhaust that my friend spencer has on his h22 prelude.

h22 prelude has a 5" tip "fartcan", ours is like maybe 3 or 3 1/2 at most big difference.

most of the people i know (other than hearing it) think my car is running a factory exhaust.

as you can tell from the pictures it doesn't exactly stand out... this is a stainless steal exhaust but don't expect it not to oxidize cause it will, but it wipes right off with a lil elbow grease. i actually perfer it to look that way as to me give it that unmodified look.

this exhaust IS the best sounding exhaust, i did tons of research and nothing sounds like this one, it growls at idle and screams under acceleration, it does not sound ricey in the least bit. as far as popping or backfire, i have none of that, im in a automatic though if that makes a difference. i have noticed that from time to time if im in [i] or [L] and i let off the gas at a lower rpm range you will hear a lil gurgle but its just for a split second and actually sounds pretty mean. no other exhaust out there compares, and i was heavily leaning towards the magnaflow and i've heard it in person and i just don't like the sound compared to my tsudo.

but for this price there are some problems with the exhaust, hanging issues which have been talked about above, i actually bent my hangers a lil and it sits damn good like in the pictures but on rainy days were the hanger bars get wet it will slide a lil to the left and you can hear it rattling against the bumper and it has actually melted a bit off my bumper... but im going to take your guys suggestion on the hangers and that should solve the issue.

i just noticed how low it hangs near the tire in the above picture, but i've not had any clearance issues with it even going over some pretty big speed bumps and speed humps, i don't think its really a issue i'll look into.

bang for buck this ehxaust is definately the way to go. you want to spend 500-700 for a shinny exhaust that really isnt going to do much for you unless you get a header and dp, go right ahead, i'll spend that money on other mods for my car, as it sits rigth now i'll be out the door once i purchase header and dp 500-700 for my complete exhaust. header and dp and catback.

i paid like 178 shipped for mine off ebay, due to some shipping issues i was given a discount.

if you need a video to compare it here is one of a skunk2 megapower catback exhaust on a h22 prelude, i don't think it sounds as ricey as some by comparison its probably borderline but for comparison purposes here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYAhfWtxrv0

before someone gets a chance, i did the comparison to my friends honda because everyone likes to compare this exhaust to ones hondas would have. just wanted to clear some things up and do this exhaust a lil justice.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by knoxbox
someone above said that this exhaust looks like a fartcan on a honda... your my friend are completely off your rocker, this is not a canister exhaust yes it has a canister but it flows off into a tip. as you can see in the below picture

Yours isnt the N1, yours is the original Tsudo like I have. Mid this gen and the 2nd gen(fart cannon(4.5 inch tip) were dubbed N1. The 2nd gen was actually named the N1 to make it compare with the Apexi N1 weld on muffler. Honestly the Apexi is probably one of the best mufflers I have heard but the Tsudo version is lacking in that apeal. I love my Tsudo but if Apexi ever came out with a catback for the Slowbalt I would buy it in a heartbeat. I am just not confortable having a muffler welded on and knowing the welded surface on the inside of the piping is not smooth.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777
Yours isnt the N1, yours is the original Tsudo like I have. Mid this gen and the 2nd gen(fart cannon(4.5 inch tip) were dubbed N1. The 2nd gen was actually named the N1 to make it compare with the Apexi N1 weld on muffler. Honestly the Apexi is probably one of the best mufflers I have heard but the Tsudo version is lacking in that apeal. I love my Tsudo but if Apexi ever came out with a catback for the Slowbalt I would buy it in a heartbeat. I am just not confortable having a muffler welded on and knowing the welded surface on the inside of the piping is not smooth.
this is what i purchased and still says n1. wether it is or not don't really care. i like the way mine sounds and looks. if someone has the newer one i'd like to see pictures but its not my style. you can still get the one like i have from the link below. speed element is the seller i used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...1%7C240%3A1318

also they said the tip on mine on speed element page is 4.5" but its not its more like 3.5" the new one might actually be 4.5
Old 05-26-2009, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by 06'L61'Balt
lower the tip with exhaust hangars
It is lowered. looks just like the pics the guy posted right after you did. Maybe even lower than that.

Mine pops like crazy everytime i rev even a little once the thing gets hot. Someone said I may have a baffle loose in the muffler, but I don't know. I like the way it sounds and I don't feel like going thru all that crap and wasting money to ship to replace it thru the manf. (I did contact them btw and they said they would replace it if something is wrong) I've had it for too long now to try that anyway. All in all this is an awesome exhaust for the money...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by knoxbox
this is what i purchased and still says n1. wether it is or not don't really care. i like the way mine sounds and looks. if someone has the newer one i'd like to see pictures but its not my style. you can still get the one like i have from the link below. speed element is the seller i used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...1%7C240%3A1318

also they said the tip on mine on speed element page is 4.5" but its not its more like 3.5" the new one might actually be 4.5
I agree, I love the way ours looks and I do like the oxidization you were talking about but I noticed yours does it on the muffler, my resignator and muffler are still shiny. I wonder why that is. Oh and you are correct our tip is 3.5 not 4.5.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777
I agree, I love the way ours looks and I do like the oxidization you were talking about but I noticed yours does it on the muffler, my resignator and muffler are still shiny. I wonder why that is. Oh and you are correct our tip is 3.5 not 4.5.
probaby has to do with the area you live in or something not sure... mine has always oxidized like that, but like i said i like that cause then its not all shiny and less noticable.